F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
GetBMWParts

01-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #2069
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
I think the combox is required for voice control to work so that's why anyone who has the 609+6NH has one. When I took the 320i loaner with 606+6NH, there's no voice control or anything that seems to need a combox.

Now we just need to figure out how to get BMW Live and the internet to work.
Is it not working? ... and that is becoz your connection goes through BMW Assist or...? For those without Assist activating BMW Live & Internet should be easy, just VO code 614 & 6AL (if you don't want to meddle with the FDL code).

And it appear if we VO Code, when the car get sent in to the dealer for software upgrade, these VO stays there - don't know exactly why, I was expecting the dealer to wipe it out, but they didn't.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #2070
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhk View Post
We have English (UK), Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified.
Thanks! Will try this out over the weekend, if there's good news I'll report back, else I'll just keep quiet
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #2071
ykau
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 320I

HI Kon, call me up if you need any assistant (-: i will be more than willingly to learn from you. btw, any idea how to enable the weather forecast thingy?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #2072
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Is it not working? ... and that is becoz your connection goes through BMW Assist or...? For those without Assist activating BMW Live & Internet should be easy, just VO code 614 & 6AL (if you don't want to meddle with the FDL code).

And it appear if we VO Code, when the car get sent in to the dealer for software upgrade, these VO stays there - don't know exactly why, I was expecting the dealer to wipe it out, but they didn't.
In Canada, the only way to get combox features is by getting the BMW assist and extended Bluetooth package so I would assume it's through BMW assist.

What's the difference between BMW live and BMW assist? Is it that one uses a tethered connection to your iphone?

Do I change the 609 to 614 and the 6NK to 6AL on the VO? I'm currently on 609 and 6NK (originally 6NH).
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #2073
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
In Canada, the only way to get combox features is by getting the BMW assist and extended Bluetooth package so I would assume it's through BMW assist.

What's the difference between BMW live and BMW assist? Is it that one uses a tethered connection to your iphone?

Do I change the 609 to 614 and the 6NK to 6AL on the VO? I'm currently on 609 and 6NK (originally 6NH).
BMW Assist uses combox telematics (6NL) w/built-in simcard. BMW Live uses combox media & thru bt data transfer. Both are mutually exclusive.
Before u do anything, do u have bt data transfer available as a selectable option under ur bt settings? If u have then u should add 6AA, 6AB, 6AL & 8SC (shawn pls confirm) plus some codings (if necessary). U may also need to write a EU VIN to ur combox (ask shawn).
Don't change 609 into anything else cos u'll lose ur nav, & don't change 6NK.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 02:49 AM   #2074
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykau View Post
HI Kon, call me up if you need any assistant (-: i will be more than willingly to learn from you. btw, any idea how to enable the weather forecast thingy?
Errr... I'm still learning myself... But I am waiting for your coding session meet, so can share...

For weather, I'm guessing you're referring to BMW Live, as mentioned above, add 6AL to your VO then code HU_CIC. Alternatively, FDL code directly HU_CIC 3003 - ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE, change to aktiv.

After coding, it will not work immediately, leave your car alone and it should work a couple of hours later (code at night, by next morning it'll be working) - the feature will appear immediately in idrive menu, but it won't be able to connect to BMW Server, don't ask me why, no idea, but happen on every single car that I've coded...

Last edited by kon; 01-17-2013 at 02:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #2075
dos1973
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post

i too can confirm that i was able to make the coding changes necessary to get rid of the y cable on my combox media, and enable bt streaming.

i tried the secondary method suggested by shawnsheridan (thanks!) and changed my vo order from 6nh to 6nk. follow the 3rd supplement guide at the beginning of the thread to do this. once i wrote the vo, then i went to the affected ecus (combox and hu_cic) and highlighted each one, and clicked code (not fdl code). the code changes were implemented automatically and the car now does bt streaming and music over regular usb! thanks for all the tips and help everyone.
Cool, i'm happy you got it.

One question on this, are the office feature also enabled?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #2076
ykau
Private
Rep

Quote:
Errr... I'm still learning myself... But I am waiting for your coding session meet, so can share...

For weather, I'm guessing you're referring to BMW Live, as mentioned above, add 6AL to your VO then code HU_CIC. Alternatively, FDL code directly HU_CIC 3003 - ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE, change to aktiv.

After coding, it will not work immediately, leave your car alone and it should work a couple of hours later (code at night, by next morning it'll be working) - the feature will appear immediately in idrive menu, but it won't be able to connect to BMW Server, don't ask me why, no idea, but happen on every single car that I've coded...
hi kon, thanks so much , it works!! call at me anytime if you need my assistance.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #2077
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykau View Post
hi kon, thanks so much , it works!! call at me anytime if you need my assistance.
thanks shawn, clarence & the rest of the pioneer group, without their cheat sheet, help etc... we are still living in a world "PML say cannot"...

or... $400 to activate TMC, $50 for folding door mirror, $50 for digital speedo, etc
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #2078
ykau
Private
Rep

opps. if you guys wondering what is PML, it is our local authorized distributor in singapore. Btw, you any idea to increase the dvd resolution size?

beer on me when we meet ya.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #2079
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
BMW Assist uses combox telematics (6NL) w/built-in simcard. BMW Live uses combox media & thru bt data transfer. Both are mutually exclusive.
Before u do anything, do u have bt data transfer available as a selectable option under ur bt settings? If u have then u should add 6AA, 6AB, 6AL & 8SC (shawn pls confirm) plus some codings (if necessary). U may also need to write a EU VIN to ur combox (ask shawn).
That's what I thought. Here in North America, all connectivity is done through BMW assist. We have a $300 BMW Apps package but you have to take the $850 BMW assist + extended BT option to be able to have it.

I've seen bimmerretrofit retrofit a combox to a E60 and it was able to access the Internet but not BMW live. I'm not sure if it's something available to North America.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #2080
protocolor
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 with Nav, no assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1973 View Post
Cool, i'm happy you got it.

One question on this, are the office feature also enabled?
no, the office menu appears in idrive after making my changes, but all that shows up is 'contacts.' if anyone has any ideas on what to try to at least get messages working, id be willing to try (again i have a 609 with 6nh modified to 6nk).
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #2081
demge01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320ed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence
Quote:

So I have BT data transfer, Live activated and working by FDL coding of my HU_CIC.
I don't have a combox though only 6NH.

Can I VO code anything else?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #2082
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Has anyone tried this in KOMBI yet?

3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration, 32 > HINTERGRUNDBILD_ENABLE

Kommentar=VORHALT hinsichtlich kuenftiger Aenderung:
Entscheidet, ob das Hintergrundbild im Kombi dargestellt wird

Translation:
Comment = Lead respect kuenftiger change:
Decide whether the background image is shown in the Combined

What background image?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #2083
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Here's another "has anyone tried" post. Has anyone given this a shot?

HU_CICHB ==> 3000 HMI ==>L7_SURROUND_CONFIG

There's no comment for this parameter. But I am wondering if it permits configuration of the HK system beyond just tone controls. In the L7 system in my early (2006) E90, there were three additional sound processing settings one could select to alter the sound stage. I've always thought it was odd that the L7 setting is simply or or off in the F30 and I'd sure like to try more signal processing settings, if any are available.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #2084
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Here's another "has anyone tried" post. Has anyone given this a shot?

HU_CICHB ==> 3000 HMI ==>L7_SURROUND_CONFIG

There's no comment for this parameter. But I am wondering if it permits configuration of the HK system beyond just tone controls. In the L7 system in my early (2006) E90, there were three additional sound processing settings one could select to alter the sound stage. I've always thought it was odd that the L7 setting is simply or or off in the F30 and I'd sure like to try more signal processing settings, if any are available.
Copy & paste from the recent cheatsheet:
Replaces "Surround" on/off checkbox with "L7 Surround" Slider (-5/+5) on Settings=>Tone screen
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #2085
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocolor View Post
no, the office menu appears in idrive after making my changes, but all that shows up is 'contacts.' if anyone has any ideas on what to try to at least get messages working, id be willing to try (again i have a 609 with 6nh modified to 6nk).
You need to pair a 'compatible' phone to see "Messages". If you're using Blackberry, make sure MAP is enable.

If you're using iPhone, try repairing your phone (delete then add again) in the telephone menu. Then wait for a while, make sure you also enable "Show Notifications" in your iPhone bluetooth menu.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #2086
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, this is correct, although I am not positive on if 8SC is a requirement. My car already had it, so it wasn't something I had to add.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #2087
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's what I thought. Here in North America, all connectivity is done through BMW assist. We have a $300 BMW Apps package but you have to take the $850 BMW assist + extended BT option to be able to have it.

I've seen bimmerretrofit retrofit a combox to a E60 and it was able to access the Internet but not BMW live. I'm not sure if it's something available to North America.
Internet and BMW Live can be made to work in North America, but you must disable BMW Assist, as the two cannot coexist, and you must change the VIN in the Combox to one with factory options 614 & 615.

I posted this already, but it is buried about 50 pages back, so here again is how I got Internet and BMW Live working on U.S. F10 with Combox:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=70

Not that it ever deters anyone, but you can also read here why I think it aint worth a damn:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=68

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #2088
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Copy & paste from the recent cheatsheet:
Replaces "Surround" on/off checkbox with "L7 Surround" Slider (-5/+5) on Settings=>Tone screen
The full text from my F10 Cheat Sheet where it originated is:

"Replaces "Surround" on/off checkbox with "L7 Surround" Slider (-5/+5) on Settings=>Tone screen. - Slider still appears to function as off (full left) and on (any setting other than full left)".

Maybe on the F30 the slider is actually functional, but for F10, it was still effectively only an Surround Sound On/Off proposition.

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #2089
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Has anyone tried this in KOMBI yet?

3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration, 32 > HINTERGRUNDBILD_ENABLE

Kommentar=VORHALT hinsichtlich kuenftiger Aenderung:
Entscheidet, ob das Hintergrundbild im Kombi dargestellt wird

Translation:
Comment = Lead respect kuenftiger change:
Decide whether the background image is shown in the Combined

What background image?
I think that's the BMW logo splash screen that shows up when you open the car. The logo shows up in the instrument cluster, the main iDrive screen and the HUD too if you have it.

I assume the combined is the LCD area between the Speedo and Tach, right? Or is the combined the main iDrive screen?

I've coded the logo screen from BMW (with red background lines) to //MPerformance for a couple of people, but that only shows up in the instrument cluster and the HUD.

I wonder if this new setting will display //MPerformance in the main iDrive screen? Everyone that I coded wanted that too!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #2090
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
So I have BT data transfer, Live activated and working by FDL coding of my HU_CIC.
I don't have a combox though only 6NH.

Can I VO code anything else?
Not really cos u don't have combox (basic bt, data transfer & BMW Live are all handled by ur L7 Entry HU).
U could have added 6AL into ur VO but that achieves the same objective as ur HU_CIC's FDL coding.
Appreciate 0