F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Google send to car
Extreme Powerhouse

07-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
BJB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Jetta

Google send to car

Does anyone know which option one has to tick to get google send to car? Also, would it be available as a retro fit? The reason I ask is because the local dealer told me that this functionality was not available in South Africa yet. I was wondering if I spec the professional sat nav whether I would be able to retro fit when it becomes available.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 04:50 AM   #2
Quakered
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: was BMW 328 Tourer F31

I know BMW package up there offerings differently in different markets but here in the UK you get a whole raft of things tacked onto the Pro Nav. Not very clear from the configurer as to what they actually do. It includes Tele services, Online Services, Remote Services, and Apps Services. (OK I know Remote services allows you to connect your iphone to the car- but the rest?) If you ask for details in the configurer it merely repeats the title - very unhelpful.

I have transferred locations from Google Maps to the car. The Google software is as user friendly as a Piranha fish with piles so not easy to use despite a lot of internet searching to understand how to operate it. In the BMW Online service they have a much better service for transferring routes - much easier to use.

Hope that helps

Last edited by Quakered; 07-02-2013 at 05:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

As far as I know, you need to have BMW assist to use google "send to car" at least in the US. Here, "send to car" is sent using your BMW assist email address (which you would not have if you do not have a BMW assist account).

Just a few days ago, my wifes car lost access to her BMW assist account in error (its a 2013 F10 with a 4 year subscription so should not have lost access to BMW assist). The symptom was actually her not being able to use google "send to car" (the "messages" selection had disappeared from idrive), and I performed troubleshooting on it and was able to determine she had lost access to bmw assist.

I called BMW assist (via a phone number, as she could not call from the SOS button in the car), and they added it back.

This may be different internationally...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #4
BJB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Jetta

Thanks for your responses.
Appreciate 0