F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Worried Dealer will Screw me at Last Minute
proTUNING Freaks

11-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
gomichaelkgo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Worried Dealer will Screw me at Last Minute

Hello All,

I ordered a 335 with exactly the options I wanted back in late Oct. It has now finished production and has been released to the carrier.

I left the dealer with only a build sheet, order number and a verbal agreement that the price would be invoice+$1000-incentives. But, I didn't get any signed contract to that effect or put down a deposit.

Is the dealer likely to try and up the price we agreed upon? What tricks could they play on me at this point? I have little trust for car dealers, so I'd like to know what traps I could fall for.

???
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
PeterM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Im in the same boat, If its not to what we agreed on im walking and i could care less that i've waited 2 months as im in zero hurry to get in a car. But i doubt they will try to pull a fast one on me as its a semi base 335i with a manual and good luck trying to sell that.
      11-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Ron Scott
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomichaelkgo View Post
Hello All,

I ordered a 335 with exactly the options I wanted back in late Oct. It has now finished production and has been released to the carrier.

I left the dealer with only a build sheet, order number and a verbal agreement that the price would be invoice+$1000-incentives. But, I didn't get any signed contract to that effect or put down a deposit.

Is the dealer likely to try and up the price we agreed upon? What tricks could they play on me at this point? I have little trust for car dealers, so I'd like to know what traps I could fall for.

???
I don't know why a dealer wouldn't want that price but you don't have a contract so anything he'd do couldn't seem too crazy.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 335i M-Sport EB-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomichaelkgo View Post
Hello All,

???

Well, as you have nothing in writing, they could try and sell the car to someone else at a higher profit margin. If your CA leaves his current position you might be especially vulnerable. Assuming they don't do that, a few other things they could try:

Tack on various fees on top of your invoice + $1,000, such as:

Training
MACO (Advertising)
Documentation

Your build sheet should outline which of the above fees (if any) are already included in the "invoice" price. Training and MACO are commonly included. "Documentation" is a spurious charge that you should absolutely NOT pay on-top of your invoice+$1k.

They might try to insist you get VIN etching on your windows. They will almost definitely try to sell you obscenely overpriced add-ons, such as:

Tinting
Tire insurance
Wheel insurance
Extended warranty
Etc.

Good luck with your final negotiation; let us know how it goes!
Appreciate 0