F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > RTTI CAFD
ARMA SPEED

03-08-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
Sanelko
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jet Black 328i

Anyone in the US with an NBT + TCB with RTTI mind sharing their NBT CAFD or what the following FDL codes are set to please:

TI_TMC
TI_CA_TMC
TI_TPEG
TI_CA_TPEG
TI_TMC_REGIONAL
TI_FALLBACK_DISABLED
TI_USE_COMBI_DISABLED
TI_VICS
TI_VINFO
TI_CAT_VMAP_FLOW
TI_TRAFFIC_INFOMAP
TI_CAT_VMAP_FREEFLOW
TPEG_TAP

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #2
Sanelko
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Bump.

Just looking for someone with RTTI to share their NBT CAFD file -- want to look at how the parameters above are set. PM if you are willing to do this and I'll let you know my email. Appreciate any help!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 08:56 PM   #3
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & G30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanelko View Post
Bump.

Just looking for someone with RTTI to share their NBT CAFD file -- want to look at how the parameters above are set. PM if you are willing to do this and I'll let you know my email. Appreciate any help!
I'm trying to set this up on CIC with Combox and active assist. I know people keep saying it can't be done but I doubt it.

I'm looking forward to an NBT reply but here's something that you might find interesting also.

Some of your FDL parameters are there.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=11
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 09:32 PM   #4
Sanelko
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the response. Let me explain why I am asking for this a little further.

I retrofit a 4G TCB into my 2012 F30, then inserted the donor VINs FSC codes into my previously retrofitted NBT. All the connectedDrive dervices are working, I'm just not sure the traffic information is RTTI or the TMC (FM) base. I VO coded the NBT with the whole suite of connectedDrive VOs (6AK, 6AM, etc.). The thing is, I remember my FDL coding was set as:

TI_TMC Active
TI_CA_TMC Active
TI_TPEG Not Active
TI_CA_TPEG Not Active

Also, my maps say "TI" not "RTTI/ARTTI" in the bottom right when navigating. From what I read, and agreeing with that link you sent, RTTI should be the following FDLs at least:

TI_TPEG Active
TI_CA_TPEG Active
TPEG_TAP Active

I could change just those 3, but wasn't sure if I needed to change all the TI_TMCs to not active, or maybe I should leave them active so it falls back to TMC if TPEG is not available, etc. I know there is a lot of TI FDLs from looking at my CAFD:

TPEG_TAP
TI_TMC
TI_CA_TMC
TI_TPEG
TI_CA_TPEG
TI_TMC_REGIONAL
TI_FALLBACK_DISABLED 
TI_USE_COMBI_DISABLED
TI_VICS
TI_VINFO
TI_CAT_VMAP_FLOW
TI_TRAFFIC_INFOMAP
TI_CAT_VMAP_FREEFLOW

That's why I think it would be best if I could see an OE NBT CAFD with RTTI from the US so I could compare with and find the right combination.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 11:19 AM   #5
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanelko View Post
Thanks for the response. Let me explain why I am asking for this a little further.

I retrofit a 4G TCB into my 2012 F30, then inserted the donor VINs FSC codes into my previously retrofitted NBT. All the connectedDrive dervices are working, I'm just not sure the traffic information is RTTI or the TMC (FM) base. I VO coded the NBT with the whole suite of connectedDrive VOs (6AK, 6AM, etc.). The thing is, I remember my FDL coding was set as:

TI_TMC Active
TI_CA_TMC Active
TI_TPEG Not Active
TI_CA_TPEG Not Active

Also, my maps say "TI" not "RTTI/ARTTI" in the bottom right when navigating. From what I read, and agreeing with that link you sent, RTTI should be the following FDLs at least:

TI_TPEG Active
TI_CA_TPEG Active
TPEG_TAP Active

I could change just those 3, but wasn't sure if I needed to change all the TI_TMCs to not active, or maybe I should leave them active so it falls back to TMC if TPEG is not available, etc. I know there is a lot of TI FDLs from looking at my CAFD:

TPEG_TAP
TI_TMC
TI_CA_TMC
TI_TPEG
TI_CA_TPEG
TI_TMC_REGIONAL
TI_FALLBACK_DISABLED*
TI_USE_COMBI_DISABLED
TI_VICS
TI_VINFO
TI_CAT_VMAP_FLOW
TI_TRAFFIC_INFOMAP
TI_CAT_VMAP_FREEFLOW

That's why I think it would be best if I could see an OE NBT CAFD with RTTI from the US so I could compare with and find the right combination.
I'm looking forward to it.
My setup is CIC with 6UH added and now TPEG enabled. All I get is still TMC but perhaps the car needs to reboot.

I'm thinking that the telematics vin must have RTTI enabled on the remote end for this to work in addition to correct FDLs.

But you shouldn't worry about the FDLs if you VO code things properly and have an RTTI enabled vin.

EDIT> I should mention that my TMC doesn't work either because I'm in Toronto, or it's the weekend or because TI_TMC is off, but REGIONAL and CA_TMC are. Will flip the other on to try. This still isn't RTTI though, just TMC for now.
Attached Images

Last edited by The-Traveler; 03-17-2018 at 12:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 03:05 PM   #6
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep

ti_tmc had no effect and using the location input feature and going from Toronto to NYC says TI+

Do you know what the difference is between ti and ti+ ?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 05:21 PM   #7
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Traveler View Post
ti_tmc had no effect and using the location input feature and going from Toronto to NYC says TI+

Do you know what the difference is between ti and ti+ ?
Bump
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 07:04 PM   #8
Sanelko
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Bump
No idea, sorry. I know my NBT says just "TI".
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 08:08 PM   #9
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep

We are both looking for the same thing. I just got the combox to show floating car data as a service, but I can’t seem to get the right fdl combo on the cic to show RTTI instead of to/ti+/tmc.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 11:37 PM   #10
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
We are both looking for the same thing. I just got the combox to show floating car data as a service, but I can’t seem to get the right fdl combo on the cic to show RTTI instead of to/ti+/tmc.
Bump.
Appreciate 0