F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > March 15, pre-LCI 335d, things to check for?
Extreme Powerhouse

11-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #23
Ross_T_Boss
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d Touring

I'm generally of the camp of either buy it a few years old at 20k, or buy it new with loads of discount if the APR is only a few %. With the 0% deals they had on recently, it cost less to buy new than 1yr old and 9%...

That said if you are buying without finance there is certainly mileage in letting someone else take that depreciation hit over the first couple of years and still get a car. Just make sure you get the spec you want, I'd hate to pay 30k for a car that wasn't what I wanted, rather pay 40k and have it just as I wanted, or 15-20k and compromised...

Quite shocking really, I thought 4% and 22% discount was seizing the opportunity, but it would have been about £100pm cheaper to get it last month! Mine is going to have to be moved on soon, looks like I'll be taking a fairly hefty hit - can't hand it back with the amount of tweaks and miles on it now
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2017, 05:04 PM   #24
Mr Whippy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335Xd, E81 130i

I'll be honest all that finance stuff baffles me.

Buy price vs sale divvied over months = pcm depreciation.

If that's tolerable I'm happy.

Finance just adds cost so I'd rather borrow my savings than pay £££

The kicker is when BMW (and others) start giving discounts to get finance, which then makes the maths fairly heavy going haha.
From what I can see on BMW top model discounts, they're all offset by small deposits so the borrowed amount and thus cost of credit offsets the discount.

In this case, we now have a nice LCI.

If we really really like the 335d we can order one to spec next year at a great price hopefully, and trade this one for it plus a bit more cash.

But ultimately the one we bought is a great spec and we'll likely keep it 10yrs now.
Adaptive lights and hud and acc are all nice but probably stuff I won't have to worry about breaking in 5 years and costing £1000 to fix!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #25
skipraider
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff123 View Post
What about this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...vert-type=ymal

Its only done 10K miles, is AUC and LCI, and its not a million miles from Harrogate. Still looks pricey, but you will be able to knock them down in price.
That looks like a really basic car though. Business nav, halogen lights, no blue brakes, no black panel display etc.