F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Jumped the gun?
Studio RSR

05-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
NAV8TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP

Jumped the gun?

Ok so I think I jumped the gun on my car a bit.

Thinking back, I should have gotten the sport line instead of no-line and I should have gotten the xenon headlights. Its all good though, the car is just awesome and I think that with changing the wheels and getting some cool bright bulbs I'm good, but its this agonizing feeling though that I cant get over , reading through the forum I think that I have more insight into what I really should have gotten .

Planning to keep the car for 1 yr or so then trade in for the M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
bcl0328
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

i'm in the same boat (sort of). i wanted to order my car exactly how i wanted. the dealer ended up getting a car with everything i was going to order, plus more. the only thing it didn't have was xenons. i guess the way i look at it, if i did order my car i wouldn't have the extra options i have now and love. since it was just headlights for me, i can wait for after market. but in all honesty, i have not cared as much since. xenons are great and all, but i think the halogens are fine too. this was my first brand new car so i really couldn't be too picky, i needed a new car now. this car is really helping me build credit so i can lease in the future. i had to finance this one with a co-signer.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
live4wknds
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince300 View Post

Thinking back, I should have gotten the sport line instead of no-line and I should have gotten the xenon headlights. Its all good though, the car is just awesome and I think that with changing the wheels and getting some cool bright bulbs I'm good, but its this agonizing feeling though that I cant get over , reading through the forum I think that I have more insight into what I really should have gotten .

My no line order is on a boat right now and I've gone thru several bouts of second thoughts. This is my first Bimmer. I just had such a hard time with the run-flats, thinking I might be more prone to tire issues with the 18" setup. I probably would have been fine with the lower profile tires, but in the end, I'm good with my no line. When I see a no line at my dealer, I think the car looks pretty cool. I did, however, switch to xenons, after submitting my order. My problem is trying to be patient!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince300

No worries mate!

At least you have an awesome car. Your pictures look stunning and really cool. We always feel that way once we actually get it.

I guess you can say we humans are all greedy? I know with me, if I get something I really really wanted, and get it after hard work...down the line I feel like I should've gotten the other thing instead... (same thing applies to getting girl friends ;-) )

We're all like that...

If you can trade it in after a year and get the M Sport package, that would be perfect. But if you can't, at least you drive a Bimmer! Now that is something special!

We're fortunate to have awesome and the best driving machines out there. So go ahead and enjoy it to the max!!!
      05-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

your just keeping it for one year? your going to take a bath...