F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Does anyone have pictures of M sport replica body kit installed? and Does it include
Studio RSR

02-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #23
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Rear M-Sport w/335 exhaust on 328i

Posting 3 pics. Car came out looking great. Bought the used F30 335i exhaust for $150 and had that installed. Plug and play, everything lined up easily, valve plugged in same as before and hangars from 328 exhaust worked perfectly for the 335 exhaust. Sound at start is much louder and deeper, sounds great. Once car warms up, sound is still slightly louder but is definitely an improved deeper note and sounds great at speed. Nothing noticeable in performance. That means better or worse but that wasn't the goal here anyway. The M-Sport Rear is from SelmaUSA, Jason and fitment was perfect. Body shop took about 30 min to install, once they removed the standard. They told me they were surprised how easily it installed and how perfectly everything fit with no adjustments needed. Not normal for aftermarket. I had them paint the reflectors. So happy with the rear bumper, now thinking I should do the front too.

, ,
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #24
DXL XLR8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkancel
Posting 3 pics. Car came out looking great. Bought the used F30 335i exhaust for $150 and had that installed. Plug and play, everything lined up easily, valve plugged in same as before and hangars from 328 exhaust worked perfectly for the 335 exhaust. Sound at start is much louder and deeper, sounds great. Once car warms up, sound is still slightly louder but is definitely an improved deeper note and sounds great at speed. Nothing noticeable in performance. That means better or worse but that wasn't the goal here anyway. The M-Sport Rear is from SelmaUSA, Jason and fitment was perfect. Body shop took about 30 min to install, once they removed the standard. They told me they were surprised how easily it installed and how perfectly everything fit with no adjustments needed. Not normal for aftermarket. I had them paint the reflectors. So happy with the rear bumper, now thinking I should do the front too.

, ,
Whoa so you're telling me that I can buy any 335 exhaust and they can fit that in my 328?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #25
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXL XLR8 View Post
Whoa so you're telling me that I can buy any 335 exhaust and they can fit that in my 328?
Yup. SLMDG has done it.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #26
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yes, the only modification depends on the bumper you have. I had the standard non-Msport bumper so initially I just cut out a loop on the opposite side/passenger to accept the additional exhaust tip since I was waiting for my new bumper to be painted. Then once the new bumper with the correct diffuser was ready, all was installed and done.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #27
B335T M0DE
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 ZCP M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Stripes View Post
Just got mine installed over the weekend. My car is a 320 ixdrive btw. It did not come with m performance side skirts but something slightly different! Love the kit. Worth the money

Hey 3 stripes. I just got a new 335 and just modding things on it and yours looks amazing. Can you tell me what you did to your backlights please? Are they smoked with film?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #28
3 Stripes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine white F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by B335T M0DE View Post
Hey 3 stripes. I just got a new 335 and just modding things on it and yours looks amazing. Can you tell me what you did to your backlights please? Are they smoked with film?
I smoked them using a spray. Click Here for it.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #29
B335T M0DE
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 ZCP M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Stripes View Post
I smoked them using a spray. Click Here for it.

Thanks man! How many coats did you do by the way? The people on Youtube are doing it like 3 coats and its like pitch black murdered out.. I want it like yours
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #30
3 Stripes
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B335T M0DE View Post
Thanks man! How many coats did you do by the way? The people on Youtube are doing it like 3 coats and its like pitch black murdered out.. I want it like yours
Unfortunately my tail lights are also murdered out. I did one spray too many on one tail light and it was darker than the others. So i was forced to do the same to the rest. But it will fade over time. They look really nice when using your breaks/turning/at night. I dont regret it!

Last edited by 3 Stripes; 03-01-2014 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 11:52 PM   #31
JesusFast
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Link me!

Please!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #32
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep

I will be getting my M-Sport front installed tomorrow and will post pics. Had the same company, SELMAUSA deliver it Wed and again, from appearances same quality part as the rear was. Was painted yesterday so anxious to see it on the car tomorrow. I got the one with the additional M-sport front lip.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #33
DEE335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Melbourne RED

the kit is missing a few things to install, am I correct?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #34
3 Stripes
Private
Rep

I was able to install everything just fine
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 12:40 AM   #35
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep

Front installed now, completing package for now

Just had the front installed today. Same company as the rear, Selma, from Jason here in So Cal, cant say enough great things about the fit and finish of these. So unbelievably OEM like. Here you go: sorry for substandard pics.

, , ,
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #36
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
PKancel-I noticed you put your front license plate on already. Did it have the holes pre-dilled or did your body shop put that on? Reason why I am asking is because I wouldn't want a front plate and wouldn't want the holes there either.

Wish you could post higher res pics. Looks great though.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #37
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep

Good question, no holes at all and as I was standing there I had gone back and forth on whether or not to put on the plate but my wife drives this one occasionally and she is usually on the highway. Local police dont seem to care too much but Highway Patrol is a different story so better safe than sorry. So yes, he lined up everyting, drilled the holes and installed that too.

The only parts he took from the old bumper were the grill, roundel and foglights. Everything else came with the new bumper ready to be installed. I dont know if the screws were also in there or if he used old. I never opened the hardware package to see but I assume the former screws and bolts were used to mount the new bumper on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydo View Post
PKancel-I noticed you put your front license plate on already. Did it have the holes pre-dilled or did your body shop put that on? Reason why I am asking is because I wouldn't want a front plate and wouldn't want the holes there either.

Wish you could post higher res pics. Looks great though.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #38
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep

Dee, nothing missing at all for install. All of the pieces where there to put the bumper, grills, etc together and then as I mentioned in my other response, I think the former screws and bolts were used to mount on the car. The body shop told me other than putting all of the pieces together, which took about an hour, the install was quick and straightforward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEE335i View Post
the kit is missing a few things to install, am I correct?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #39
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep

Trying these two pics to see if better resolution.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 02:44 PM   #40
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkancel View Post
Good question, no holes at all and as I was standing there I had gone back and forth on whether or not to put on the plate but my wife drives this one occasionally and she is usually on the highway. Local police dont seem to care too much but Highway Patrol is a different story so better safe than sorry. So yes, he lined up everyting, drilled the holes and installed that too.

The only parts he took from the old bumper were the grill, roundel and foglights. Everything else came with the new bumper ready to be installed. I dont know if the screws were also in there or if he used old. I never opened the hardware package to see but I assume the former screws and bolts were used to mount the new bumper on the car.

Calling the body shop tomorrow to make sure they will do it as some of the dealer body shops will not install after markets and if they will do it for 600 or less its getting ordered. For the plate, my buddy that goes by Amused on here just installed the motorized front plate that works awesome. I am sure he will post a video shortly.

Last edited by Dippydo; 03-09-2014 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #41
DEE335i
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkancel View Post
Dee, nothing missing at all for install. All of the pieces where there to put the bumper, grills, etc together and then as I mentioned in my other response, I think the former screws and bolts were used to mount on the car. The body shop told me other than putting all of the pieces together, which took about an hour, the install was quick and straightforward.
I would order it, but they do not have PDC, and Surround view as options on the bumper.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #42
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep

M-sport

Bummer, that's usually my luck, something is available and at a great price and I happen to be one of the few cases where it doesn't apply. I saw you post about **********s. Even if you have to spend more, you will be very happy you did. There aren't a lot sizeable mods I will make where I feel like its worth the money. In fact on this one I wanted to go with a front lip spoiler on my standard front end because I was sure I would be just as happy. The only problem was the replica front lips quality were questionable and when I asked the sellers questions, there responses were questionable so I didn't want to spend $200 for the lip plus $200+ for painting only to find out I didn't like it or the quality was bad. That's why after I installed the rear M-sport replica and saw the quality and fit, I jumped on the front too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEE335i View Post
I would order it, but they do not have PDC, and Surround view as options on the bumper.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #43
DEE335i
Private
United_States
Rep

just ended up ordering the oem from getbmwparts.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #44
FanboyBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328xi

Can you post the link here so u dont have to go around pming everybody
Appreciate 0