F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Getyourwheels.com buy at your own risk
Extreme Powerhouse

05-10-2016, 11:49 AM   #1
2014estoril335imsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i msport

Getyourwheels.com buy at your own risk

I am not sure if anyone else has had a similar issue with getyourwheels.com but I would like to let people know so they do not experience the same issue I did. I contacted getyourwheels.com looking for Vossen CVT for my F30. Jason was very friendly and seemed to know what he was doing. I decided to order, but before it was finalized I asked how long would it take for the wheels to arrive. Jason said 4 weeks, and I immediately said that is too long I am sorry I will need to go elsewhere. He immediately said it was 2 weeks not 4. I asked again to be sure it was 2 weeks and not 4 weeks for delivery. He said no worries 2 weeks at your door. At the 2 week mark I contacted Jason because I did not receive any information regarding the shipment or tracking number. An email was sent with no reply. I call him the next day and he puts me on hold and then comes back to say the vendor dropped the ball. He apologized and said they are putting together a gear package for the trouble. License plate and lanyard. I am sure they probably give those with every sale for advertisement. He stated the wheels would be shipped in the next 3-4 days. A week later no information regarding the shipment or tracking number. I called the vendor and they asked me what wheels did I order. I told them and they said they had over 50 sets of those in stock and not sure what is going on. I contact Jason again and he said they would be shipping tomorrow but he does not have any information to prove that. Now its 3 weeks later and no wheels. No communication regarding what is going on until I contact him. So in fact it would take 4 weeks to get them and not the 2 weeks he told me so he could close the sale. I told him honestly goes a long way and I would never buy or suggest anyone buy wheels from him. He states he did not see why he lied. Basically this guys word means nothing and he will tell you what you want to hear to close the deal. He will place blame elsewhere instead of admitting he messed up. I am sure some have had great experiences with this company but I was not one of them. So I want people to know so they can make the best decision for them and not allow people like Jason dick you around.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 12:43 PM   #2
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Can you not cancel your order and reward another company with better service?
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 12:53 PM   #3
2014estoril335imsport
United_States
Rep

If the wheels do not show up this week that is the plan.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #4
VividRacingII
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F80 M3

He is trying to hard to have your sale.

CVT is a popular model and most vendors are willing stock them.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #5
WHL102
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 GTI S, DSG, 4-Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014estoril335imsport View Post
I am not sure if anyone else has had a similar issue with getyourwheels.com but I would like to let people know so they do not experience the same issue I did. I contacted getyourwheels.com looking for Vossen CVT for my F30. Jason was very friendly and seemed to know what he was doing. I decided to order, but before it was finalized I asked how long would it take for the wheels to arrive. Jason said 4 weeks, and I immediately said that is too long I am sorry I will need to go elsewhere. He immediately said it was 2 weeks not 4. I asked again to be sure it was 2 weeks and not 4 weeks for delivery. He said no worries 2 weeks at your door. At the 2 week mark I contacted Jason because I did not receive any information regarding the shipment or tracking number. An email was sent with no reply. I call him the next day and he puts me on hold and then comes back to say the vendor dropped the ball. He apologized and said they are putting together a gear package for the trouble. License plate and lanyard. I am sure they probably give those with every sale for advertisement. He stated the wheels would be shipped in the next 3-4 days. A week later no information regarding the shipment or tracking number. I called the vendor and they asked me what wheels did I order. I told them and they said they had over 50 sets of those in stock and not sure what is going on. I contact Jason again and he said they would be shipping tomorrow but he does not have any information to prove that. Now its 3 weeks later and no wheels. No communication regarding what is going on until I contact him. So in fact it would take 4 weeks to get them and not the 2 weeks he told me so he could close the sale. I told him honestly goes a long way and I would never buy or suggest anyone buy wheels from him. He states he did not see why he lied. Basically this guys word means nothing and he will tell you what you want to hear to close the deal. He will place blame elsewhere instead of admitting he messed up. I am sure some have had great experiences with this company but I was not one of them. So I want people to know so they can make the best decision for them and not allow people like Jason dick you around.
I bet they are on some kind of credit hold and their vendors are not shipping to them or dropshipping for them. What else could explain why it takes a month to ship something you confirmed that his vendor had in stock.

Frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 01:30 PM   #6
ray340i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i msport

wow thats horrible , good luck !!!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 05:12 PM   #7
JOE YOUNG
SEAL TEAM SIX
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 E90 E84 F30 X3G01 LCI

Frustrating to say the least.

So... Do you have the wheels now. Show us some pics then.
      05-20-2016, 11:15 PM   #8
MickAv8r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328ix

definitely sounds like a cash flow issue. that said my experience with them was a good one but that was a year ago.

2014 328ix EBII - Sport AT, Light Pkg, Blk Dakota, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated Seats, HK Audio, Driver Assist, Sport Pedals, Dinan Springs, Bilstein B8s, M-Performance BBK
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 08:16 PM   #9
GetYourWheels
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Hi Brian,
Sorry for all the troubles, I will admit your order was definitely not one of the smoothest we've had. You were quoted 2 weeks and ultimately ended up taking 4 due to some unfortunate miscommunication. I've apologized and tried to explaining the reason for the delay, and offered some free Vossen swag/goodies for the inconvenience.
You do have the wheels now, there are a few final issues we're working hard to get resolved for you ASAP, and we've been in daily communication with you over the past week to get sorted.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delays. We will be in touch with you on Monday as well to follow up with you.

Please feel free to give me a call tomorrow at 562-219-2525 with any questions or concerns, or send me or John an email at sales@getyourwheels.com so we can discuss further.

Regards
Jason
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 11:05 AM   #10
2014estoril335imsport
United_States
Rep

Update. After waiting 4 weeks for the wheels. They finally show up and have the wrong valve stems installed. They installed a $1.50 rubber valve stem on these wheels. The front ones were hitting my Msport blue calipers and the rear driver side was leaking from day one. After another week of going back and forth with them, I found a place locally without any help from them that would replace the valve stem. Majority of the shops did not want to touch them because they did not want to be liable which is understandable. I had to reach out to Vossen which getyourwheels did not in an attempt to fix the latest issue. 5 weeks after ordering I finally have a set of wheels that work after using my time to resolve this problem. As I stated my experience my have been different from others but I know I would never deal with them again nor suggest anyone else. The wheels look good though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 12:11 PM   #11
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

judging by the pictures, it looks worth it to me. they look fantastic on your EB f30!
      05-24-2016, 01:39 PM   #12
str86diesel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Alpine White

I am not defending anyone here or the circumstance, but I need to say that I had a very similar problem, but with a different vendor. It was the same run around and I ended up having to call Vossen directly several times for answers.

Come to find out with me, several weeks into the order, Vossen cancelled my order because they decided that the 19" CVT's wouldn't fit my 340 with the Track Handling package and Blue M-Sport Brakes.

I am glad to see that you got some sort of resolution and the Wheels look nice. I am still bummed that I wasn't able to get them for my car and resorted to a different brand/type (which I do like, but I really like the look of the CVT's)
      05-24-2016, 06:30 PM   #13
Zel335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335I Sport

Those look great!

It sucks to hear about the shit luck you had. It's important for vendors to take care of their mistakes or even their 3rd party mistakes like valve stems. I had the a really good experience with a vendor were I had an issue, but they took care of everything and were willing to pay for labor to make it right.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 09:07 AM   #14
2014estoril335imsport
United_States
Rep

I am really happy the way the wheels look. Still debating on whether I want to lower it a bit to reduced the gap in the wheel well.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 04:13 PM   #15
str86diesel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Alpine White

Out of curiosity, are those 20's?

I was told by Vossen that the 19"s won't fit around the Blue M-Sport Calibers and will rub.
      05-26-2016, 02:30 PM   #16
2014estoril335imsport
United_States
Rep

They are 20's. I was told the same and believe it. Vossen put the valve stem in the middle of the wheel so I can see why a 19 would not work.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 03:01 PM   #17
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
I am really happy the way the wheels look. Still debating on whether I want to lower it a bit to reduced the gap in the wheel well.
lowering it will make it look great. even if just 3/4"
      06-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #18
MickAv8r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328ix

Quote:
Vossen put the valve stem in the middle of the wheel so I can see why a 19 would not work.
thats just about the dumbest thing I've read on the internet in awhile. can you post a pic I need to see that LOL

2014 328ix EBII - Sport AT, Light Pkg, Blk Dakota, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated Seats, HK Audio, Driver Assist, Sport Pedals, Dinan Springs, Bilstein B8s, M-Performance BBK
Appreciate 0