F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Anyone having trouble getting the messaging to work with Galaxy S4
ARMA SPEED

05-23-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
BobN2Tech
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3

Anyone having trouble getting the messaging to work with Galaxy S4

I have been unable to get the messaging to either receive or send anymore with the Galaxy S4 after I updated the S4 to 4.2.2. I have the latest Idrive software, according to the BMW Genius, and they could not figure it out. I removed the phone, repaired it, accepted the prompts for allowing access to the messages when it repaired, checked the box for office under bluetooth config, and it still does not work. In fact, all of a sudden the New Message (text diction) is no longer in the menu. The only thing I find peculiar is that under the config menu, it shows Telephone 2 as the device, but it is paired as telephone 1 for bt and media. I only have paired 1 phone to the car. The BMW genius could not figure that out, and told me to use S-Voice and forget about this! Some great genius!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
jaffab
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 420d xdrive M Sport

Mine works with the same phone, android version and idrive software. Looks like your phone is no longer linked for data - just audio. My suggestion would be to delete your phone from the idrive Conections > Bluetooth menu, and reconnect for both data and audio.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
BobN2Tech
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I've done this several times, and still it does not work. It did work prior to the update. I've pretty much gone through all the configurations. As I indicated, though, the linking as Tel 2 (which is only choice of checkbox) under the office BT may be causing this issue, but no one knows how to correct this - so far.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #4
JUSTIN808
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X4MC, 22 Ridgeline RTLE.

I just got a galaxy s5 because I thought this would work but its a no go. My iphone 5s used to at least list my messages. If anyone has the answers it would help me out too.

People in the UK seem to like the android better because all the features work but in US not many. I think its a country thing. My Bmw remote app is also removed from our playstore
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #5
BobN2Tech
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

If it has kitkat 4.2.2 it should work the same as GS4 as far a BT. I seem to have lost the ability to create a NEW MESSAGE which no longer appears on my office sub menu.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #6
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Just based on experiences with my galaxy s3.. in the beginning I had a problem with the connection and looked at the phone to find out it keeps asking me to connect. I checked on "don't ask me again!!!" box and it has worked since. sounds retarded, but hey, I am just throwing out a possible solution which I missed.
I don't receive message on the car once in a while but most of the time it works.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #7
BobN2Tech
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I have tried both to check and uncheck when it pairs. Do you have the New Message option to dictate a message on your screen?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #8
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobN2Tech View Post
I have tried both to check and uncheck when it pairs. Do you have the New Message option to dictate a message on your screen?
don't get what you say. sorry.
"your screen" means the car screen?
I have a problem sending text because it keeeps asking me I have to be stationary or need dragon whatever to dictate to send a new message.
I have no prob getting a msg though.
the envelop icon shows up next to clock whem I receive one.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #9
BobN2Tech
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksi View Post
don't get what you say. sorry.
"your screen" means the car screen?
I have a problem sending text because it keeeps asking me I have to be stationary or need dragon whatever to dictate to send a new message.
I have no prob getting a msg though.
the envelop icon shows up next to clock whem I receive one.
Yes. I mean the idrive screen. I seem to have lost the entry for New Message, which was there before I updated to 4.2.2, and it was using Dragon (still in the 60 day free trial). I also used to see two envelopes in the Current Office, 1 for MyInfo and the other for text messages. Now I only see MyInfo (which does work if I use Send to car). One more question: Under the BlueTooth configuration (not Device Configuration), there are several checkboxes, including Media, Office, and my only choice is Tel 2, but in fact, I am connected as Tel 1. I unchecked to see if it would connect office as Tel 1 data, but made no difference.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #10
BobN2Tech
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I found the solution in another thread to delete all the text messages and now it will receive and send text messages via the idrive. So now the New Message entry appears.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 12:22 AM   #11
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobN2Tech View Post
Yes. I mean the idrive screen. I seem to have lost the entry for New Message, which was there before I updated to 4.2.2, and it was using Dragon (still in the 60 day free trial). I also used to see two envelopes in the Current Office, 1 for MyInfo and the other for text messages. Now I only see MyInfo (which does work if I use Send to car). One more question: Under the BlueTooth configuration (not Device Configuration), there are several checkboxes, including Media, Office, and my only choice is Tel 2, but in fact, I am connected as Tel 1. I unchecked to see if it would connect office as Tel 1 data, but made no difference.
ok this is getting too overwhelming for me to answer lol sorry.
I will check on mine when I get a chance, and will let you know
Appreciate 0