F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > More Tanzanite M Sport
Studio RSR

08-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

More Tanzanite M Sport

Exterior shots taken this morning. The car hasn't been cleaned since it left the factory so no chance for close ups just yet.

First impressions are that the colour is amazing. I ordered without seeing the colour so it was a gamble but it's paid off. The paint glistens which I tried to catch with the last photo which is the interior door frame.

Inside the leather is very soft. The contrast with the piping really sets it off perfectly.

Even had a quick drive in it. Only as a passenger and only for a hundred metres but it's very nice. Still had the shipping blocks in so the speed bumps were a bit harsh but that should be sorted out. Mind you, the comfort access, HUD and air con weren't working yet as the car is still in delivery mode. When I left it, it was off to be PDR'ed which I'm guessing is the time when everything gets checked and turned on.
Attached Images

08-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Very, very nice. Should stop nicely with them brakes
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMC Pro Machine  [10.00]
Wow, looks great! I really like the Cashmere interior and the patterning on the door panels. SWEET!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Accelerometer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Really like the interior! I might be the only one who thinks this but to me TB looks like purple? Could be the color temperature on the camera though.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

Looks purple to me, too... but that's a good thing: looks very, very nice
      08-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
Adman Mike
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport

Great stuff - love the colour, tons of flake in there, reminds me of the custom paint jobs you used to see in the 1980s. Bet it will look great in the sun!

Surprised you didn't go with the sport auto box as you seem to have gone for every other option!
      08-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

love the interior, not sure about the exterior. very nice
      08-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adman Mike View Post
Great stuff - love the colour, tons of flake in there, reminds me of the custom paint jobs you used to see in the 1980s. Bet it will look great in the sun!

Surprised you didn't go with the sport auto box as you seem to have gone for every other option!
It has lots of flakes in there and would look amazing in the sun, although it may be a while before I get the chance to try that out

I tried the auto, went with the manual. I have always had a manual and although the auto box was great I just wanted that bit more control. Besides, the money I saved on that meant I could get a few more toys
      08-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #9
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
love the interior, not sure about the exterior. very nice
It's very much a "must see on the car" colour. On the car there is a depth that the camera just can't pick up at all. The delivery dirt on the car didn't help either!

It's a beautiful colour though, if you get a chance to look at one then I would recommend it
      08-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #10
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMM_OMG View Post
Wow, looks great! I really like the Cashmere interior and the patterning on the door panels. SWEET!
It really has to be seen to be believed and when it's all washed and sparkling it'll look even better!

The door panels were a nice surprise. The Cashmere goes very well with the high gloss black interior trim too although the whole car is perfect

I may be a little biased though
      08-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #11
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

very nice, that interior goes great with your blue exterior. Im liking those brakes too.
      08-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Can't wait for some better pics...
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #13
ikonic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 328I M-Sport

Colour looks amazing!

And those brakes...... I wish i'd ordered them now!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonic View Post
Colour looks amazing!
Thanks, it has been a worry for me what with ordering it without ever seeing even a picture of it.

Quote:
And those brakes...... I wish i'd ordered them now!
I hate to say it but they do look pretty special. Even Mrs B commented on them and she's the toughest of judges to please. I hope they stop the car as well as they look

Any news on your delivery date? You still on for Sept 1st?
      08-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #15
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

I think the E90 330d brakes are very good (they are now same as 335d/i brakes on LCI model). So your new M Sport brakes must be even better - they should be fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #16
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

That looks fantastic loving the M Sport brakes, and enjoy
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
Dust16
Rep
Drives: F31

I've been seriously considering the same color combination, so please please please post more picks as soon as you have it (preferably some in sunlight too, and if you could calibrate the white balance on your camera that would be awesome ).

The interior I can already say looks drop dead gorgeous - combination of the cashmere, the door inserts, the stitching, the (individual piano?) black, the M wheel and M manual gearlever - simply amazing! I always thought the 5 had a much nicer interior than the 3, but after seeing this I actually feel that a 3 specced like this blows the 5 away.

The exterior color looks really nice, but really we need more pics (did I say that already? )? I love mid blues, but I don't like it when they are too purple. In the configurator Tanzanite looks pure blue, and most of the pics I've seen (6 series) suggest it is. But in overcast weather without correct white balance any photographed blue will turn purple...

Anyway love the car, combo with M package is also stunning.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
ikonic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 328I M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post

Any news on your delivery date? You still on for Sept 1st?

Dealer actually called today. Said my car may arrive at the dealership tomorrow or possibly Tuesday.

But a no-no on 1st September delivery. They simply can't fit me in!

So I'll have to wait till the following Saturday 8th unfortunately! Can't get any time off work as I'm working away from my usual office during the week at the moment.

To be fair, as I'm away from home during the week at the moment (and wouldn't be able to drive it during the week anyway); I can probably live with that. Still a bit annoying though after such a long wait.

Anyways, hope you enjoy your motor mate. I think after a year or so, 3 Series M-Sports will become a common sight on UK roads, but yours thanks to its colour is likely to remain quite rare and special I think.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 01:18 AM   #19
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust16 View Post
I've been seriously considering the same color combination, so please please please post more picks as soon as you have it (preferably some in sunlight too, and if you could calibrate the white balance on your camera that would be awesome ).

The interior I can already say looks drop dead gorgeous - combination of the cashmere, the door inserts, the stitching, the (individual piano?) black, the M wheel and M manual gearlever - simply amazing! I always thought the 5 had a much nicer interior than the 3, but after seeing this I actually feel that a 3 specced like this blows the 5 away.

The exterior color looks really nice, but really we need more pics (did I say that already? )? I love mid blues, but I don't like it when they are too purple. In the configurator Tanzanite looks pure blue, and most of the pics I've seen (6 series) suggest it is. But in overcast weather without correct white balance any photographed blue will turn purple...

Anyway love the car, combo with M package is also stunning.

I can't guarantee the sun but I'll see if I can find out how to change the white balance on the camera. Failing that I may just need a new camera

Inside of the car is amazing, the combination is as you described and looks superb. I'll try and get more photos of the inside too when all the protective coverings are off.

The blue is wonderful when you see it, it's a deep, inky blue with lots of flake in it that glistens in the right light. Unfortunately the cloudy weather, the delivery dirt and my dodgy camera could never do it justice.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the package. The whole packaged looks amazing, maybe I need better photos
      08-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #20
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
To be fair, as I'm away from home during the week at the moment (and wouldn't be able to drive it during the week anyway); I can probably live with that. Still a bit annoying though after such a long wait.
Waiting the extra week isn't so bad when you won't be around for that week. Look upon it as a reward for your time away that week

Quote:
Anyways, hope you enjoy your motor mate. I think after a year or so, 3 Series M-Sports will become a common sight on UK roads, but yours thanks to its colour is likely to remain quite rare and special I think.
I think the same. Once the M Sports start hitting the showrooms and the wait time isn't as long as we've had to endure they should become a lot more common. At the moment they're still a rare breed so I'm going to enjoy it whilst I can
      08-25-2012, 02:44 AM   #21
no golf clubs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0d SE Titanium Silver

Love that interior.

I think I would have to see how the exterior looks in the flesh. It is lovely though is that the £1360 option?

Guess it makes it a bit rarer, sadly though I would have to cut that for the media pack.

Enjoy, please post most pics when you get her home.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #22
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by no golf clubs View Post
Love that interior.

I think I would have to see how the exterior looks in the flesh. It is lovely though is that the £1360 option?

Guess it makes it a bit rarer, sadly though I would have to cut that for the media pack.

Enjoy, please post most pics when you get her home.
Yes, the Tanzanite Blue is the £1360 option. A lot of money for a bit of paint but it's worth it. A strange thing to say about a colour but it really was a wow moment when I saw it.

The rarity factor will be nice although at the moment just seeing another F30 seems quite rare. I reckon that'll change now the M Sports are coming