F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > More Tanzanite M Sport
GetBMWParts

01-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #45
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cow Pat View Post
I love your interior so much so I might have it in my F31 which I hope to order soon. But I am going to be very different with my colour choice. I through my dealer have been in contact with the factory and they are able to supply my car in Valencia Orange
Wow, now that will certainly be an individual car!

The interior is amazing and always gets compliments from those I deem worthy enough to allow a lift to
      01-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #46
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

rjberry: Pictures don't do Tanzanite Blue justice. It's a beautiful car especially the Individual Leather.
      01-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #47
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
rjberry: Pictures don't do Tanzanite Blue justice. It's a beautiful car especially the Individual Leather.
No, you're certainly right about that. The paint has a natural sparkle to it that doesn't come across in a picture. In the metal, the colour comes into it's own!

I think I may have actually gone and got a car I will be loathe to part with. Even the problems I've had haven't dampened my enthusiasm. For all the faults, I still love my car
      01-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #48
Captain Cow Pat
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: VO F31 330d xDrive M Sport

Initially the price for the individual paint job looks excessive, but when you have time to look closely at the paint there is a lot going on in it. You can only see this close up and in good light. The Smoked Topaz is another amazing colour. It has a real depth that you don't get with the standard paint and this alone justifies the hike in price IMO.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #49
zofinger
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d MSport

Hmmm....still not won over by Tanzanite Blue (which is a shame as that's what i have!). It's a little too dark compared to what i was expecting. Having said that perhaps with more sun/better light the colour will be better. I love the flecks in the paint but man, you have to be close to see them.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #50
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zofinger View Post
Hmmm....still not won over by Tanzanite Blue (which is a shame as that's what i have!). It's a little too dark compared to what i was expecting. Having said that perhaps with more sun/better light the colour will be better. I love the flecks in the paint but man, you have to be close to see them.
For me, that's what I love most about Tanzanite Blue. It is more than just one colour depending on the light. When it's dark or overcast it has a darker tone to it but when the sun comes out you can really appreciate the colour and all those flecks. It's a very understated colour which can come alive
      01-11-2013, 02:30 AM   #51
zofinger
Major
England
Rep

Definitely understated! Also haven't seen another on the road which lends to a bit of exclusivity.

When asked "was it worth the £1300 option" it is a valid question but let's not forget, the Individual paint options are (don't quote me) 'only' £700 extra as metallic is £650 anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #52
zofinger
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Really do like your interior leather. Whilst I could stretch the extra money for individual paint, I wasn't prepared to go for individual leather. To be fair though I only thought you were getting a different colour for the extra (and I like the standard beige), but I'm heartened to hear you also get better quality/softer feel.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #53
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Definitely understated! Also haven't seen another on the road which lends to a bit of exclusivity.

When asked "was it worth the £1300 option" it is a valid question but let's not forget, the Individual paint options are (don't quote me) 'only' £700 extra as metallic is £650 anyway.
That's definitely true, it will be a fairly exclusive colour. Like you say, it is really only an extra £700 on the cost of the metallic so not too bad really.

Quote:
Really do like your interior leather. Whilst I could stretch the extra money for individual paint, I wasn't prepared to go for individual leather. To be fair though I only thought you were getting a different colour for the extra (and I like the standard beige), but I'm heartened to hear you also get better quality/softer feel.
I wasn't even sure what I would be getting, like the Tanzanite Blue the interior was bought blindly. I think it has worked out very well though as the lighter carpets/interior as well as the seat leather would have been impossible for me to keep clean. With a 2 year old and a 10 month old, light carpets would have been a bigger nightmare!