F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tire Size Help
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-14-2017, 10:58 AM   #1
Sayzar
Lieutenant
United_States
185
Rep
535
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i GC M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Tire Size Help

Hi

Need help on tire size, current I'm running 225/40 for the front & 255/35 for the rear on a set of 19" BBS CI-R 19x8.5 -19x9.5 . I would like to go with something a little bit more meaty. I am lowered pretty low on coil over what size tire would work without any rubbing issues, as of not i have no issues at all and I'm also running 10mm spacers for the front.

thanks

20481822_1899967473596216_2692342486205988864_n by , on Flickr
IMG_4456 by , on Flick
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #2
Sumptuous Hummus
Banned
11
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: 328i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Richmond Hill

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayzar View Post
Hi

Need help on tire size, current I'm running 225/40 for the front & 255/35 for the rear on a set of 19" BBS CI-R 19x8.5 -19x9.5 . I would like to go with something a little bit more meaty. I am lowered pretty low on coil over what size tire would work without any rubbing issues, as of not i have no issues at all and I'm also running 10mm spacers for the front.

thanks

20481822_1899967473596216_2692342486205988864_n by , on Flickr
IMG_4456 by , on Flick
235 front 265 rear
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #3
Sayzar
Lieutenant
United_States
185
Rep
535
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i GC M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumptuous Hummus View Post
235 front 265 rear
235 x ?
265 x ?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 11:38 AM   #4
Sumptuous Hummus
Banned
11
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: 328i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Richmond Hill

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayzar View Post
235 x ?
265 x ?
235/40

And 265/35 should be good I believe.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
Sayzar
Lieutenant
United_States
185
Rep
535
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i GC M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumptuous Hummus View Post
235/40

And 265/35 should be good I believe.
thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #6
Zentan
Private First Class
21
Rep
138
Posts

Drives: 2014 // 335i // M-Sport // EB
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Queens, NY

iTrader: (0)

Heard 265 is the widest you can go on the F30/F32s. Was hoping I can fit 275 but heard from people that it would rub. Nice wheels by the way! Looks like you're based in NJ - do you come out to any of the car meets in NY/NJ?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #7
Mouse
Private First Class
30
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: 2013F30 335i
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cypress, TX

iTrader: (0)

Depends on the offset(backspacing) of the wheel but a lot of people(myself included) run 275/30r19's with no rubbing issues. My rear wheel has a +40 offset. I'm also on H&R Sports. As a matter of fact I ran 285/30's but it only rubbed slightly when going up driveways in an angle.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #8
Sayzar
Lieutenant
United_States
185
Rep
535
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i GC M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Depends on the offset(backspacing) of the wheel but a lot of people(myself included) run 275/30r19's with no rubbing issues. My rear wheel has a +40 offset. I'm also on H&R Sports. As a matter of fact I ran 285/30's but it only rubbed slightly when going up driveways in an angle.
I'm running front 19X8.5 offset 35 - Rear 19X9.5 offset 40 I'm on KW coil overs
thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 03:08 PM   #9
Sayzar
Lieutenant
United_States
185
Rep
535
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i GC M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentan View Post
Heard 265 is the widest you can go on the F30/F32s. Was hoping I can fit 275 but heard from people that it would rub. Nice wheels by the way! Looks like you're based in NJ - do you come out to any of the car meets in NY/NJ?
Thank you for the info - yes I've been to some events in NY/NJ mostly NJ
just went to Mpact this pass weekend, nice turn out

IMG_6985 by Cesar Villarreal, on Flickr
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST