F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI vs Andream Multimedia display vs BimmerTech
Extreme Powerhouse

04-04-2022, 07:13 PM   #23
wildcat10
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Sportsline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersbud View Post
i believe bimmertech uses a different type of connector that connects to the mmi than what andream camera (rca) uses, so you might have to go the bimmertech camera route.
And if that is the case, you can probably buy the Andrean MMI box PLUS the camera for less than you would pay for the bimmertech camera alone. Check your options.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 10:00 PM   #24
Topsprobablybrokenagain
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Don't buy bimmertech

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyerizm View Post
In hindsight, I can't believe I shelled out all the money for BimmerTech
Do not buy from bimmertech... their customer service has been absolutely atrocious. If I can go back in time, I would've bought literally any other MMI. They're all the same thing except the backup camera for Bimmertech is a little different from the others. Mine broke because it's cheap garbage and I kid you not, THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM ON RECORD FOR IT.

So now I am left with a $600 camera that no longer works with my $600 mmi when I could have gotten both these functioning for less than 1/3 the price. They quite literally change parts and use non-standard wiring and had the balls to tell me to buy another one because I "installed it wrong". I'm not sure how they would know if I installed incorrectly seeing as how they don't even have a correct wiring diagram...

Anyway, I went with that system, thinking the customer service would be better, and I was sadly mistaken. Save your money and buy the cheaper one at least then if something goes wrong, you can buy another one a lot cheaper.

I quite literally made an account for this forum specifically to warn people about this. I'm currently in search of another camera that will work with my Bimmertech MMI and if I can get another one working will make a post for it. If I can't, I'm literally going to buy one of these systems to replace it as it's quite literally cheaper than the freaking camera alone.
Appreciate 1