F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Anyone experienced this Problem - Black soot from 328i exhaust?
ARMA SPEED

02-26-2013, 05:39 AM   #45
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Glad to learn that. Could have been rich burn whilst the engine was new and bedding in.

Performance exhaust will give the car a 'meaner' sounding exhaust note. Pretty much that's all. Some claim a few wkw but nothing anyone will feel. At this time it's not for me. What about yourself?
It's getting fitted as soon as Stu's shipment arrives and I can find time in my diary to get the car to my friendly club mechanic. Maybe next week?

Power's not the main purpose here (I bought a 328i not a 335i after all), but I enjoy the improved throttle response and aural qualities an exhaust system provides
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #46
slmdgee
Usofstance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328I 6SPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
It's getting fitted as soon as Stu's shipment arrives and I can find time in my diary to get the car to my friendly club mechanic. Maybe next week?

Power's not the main purpose here (I bought a 328i not a 335i after all), but I enjoy the improved throttle response and aural qualities an exhaust system provides

When the stage 2 comes out and more power upgrades its going to be a quick 4 cylinder. Big turbo on our cars ;X

IG Stu_UnitedStatesOfStance
United States Of Stance
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 04:45 AM   #47
zksi
Rep
Drives: 116i

black tail pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvoz View Post
UPDATE:

Tried 1 week of driving (approx 300 klms) with Auto Start Stop function disengaged. I have noticed the problem of black soot coming out of the exhaust onto the body work reduce but not completely eliminated. I am interested to see if other 328i owners are experiencing this problem or is it only isolated to mine. Any feedback from other owners will be very helpful as dealership claims that this is normal especially on WHITE cars.

Thanks

I got an F20 petrol and same issue, the inside & outside of exhaust is pitch black, I use Shell 95 or Vortex 95, Premium 98 causes the engine to misfire when cold so no longer using. I reckon if you drive modestly and city stop start, you get this soot or tar. Whilst the car is under warranty I would not worry much but could be fuel related as well our fuel is not comparable to Euro ones.
Appreciate 0