F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > FEM_BODY coding-totally screwed
ARMA SPEED

01-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #1
WMBer
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 328xd

FEM_BODY coding-totally screwed

An experienced coder tried to enable anti-dazzle on my 2015 F31, but for some reason it didn't take. During the second attempt his laptop lost communication with the car; I don't know if it was coding at the time.

Today I connected and discovered I couldn't access FEM_BODY, getting the FFFF_255 error instead. So I followed (I hope) shawnsheridan's "Detect CAFD for SWE" fix. I wasn't sure which CAFD to select, so I chose the bottom one from the first list, which seemed to be the newest (??). Then I coded at a node called ECU(21), as I recall. It seemed to code everything. No error messages. After that I could read FEM_BODY and even made a simple change to test it.

When I got in the car it gave me some kind of message about driving carefully because of the suspension or something, which never reappeared. When I started it the check engine light came on and stayed on. The engine doesn't seem to be running properly, but I only drove it a short distance. Everything seemed to be reset, including the date and time.

Now what???

Last edited by WMBer; 01-29-2015 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 11:17 PM   #2
WMBer
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 328xd

OK, I took a break, drove it again and it's running fine. iDrive also says it's fine. So I guess the reset turned on some value that makes the check engine light display?

Can anyone please explain why there are multiple CAFD choices during the restore process? Versions? If so, why doesn't E-Sys default to the newest? Or is the first one in the list always the newest?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 02:54 AM   #3
Coolala
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

I also want to know the answer, just in case I need to recover CAFD files then I know what to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 06:57 AM   #4
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMBer View Post
OK, I took a break, drove it again and it's running fine. iDrive also says it's fine. So I guess the reset turned on some value that makes the check engine light display?

Can anyone please explain why there are multiple CAFD choices during the restore process? Versions? If so, why doesn't E-Sys default to the newest? Or is the first one in the list always the newest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolala View Post
I also want to know the answer, just in case I need to recover CAFD files then I know what to do.

Those are all the CAFD files that you have in your PSDZData set that would work with it. You just need to pick the one that matches your integration level if its listed. For future reference, you just need to expand the folder of the module you are doing the CAF for SWE process for (it will be blue) and right click on the new green light file and hit code. You do not need to do all the ECU's, nor should you really.
      01-30-2015, 09:43 PM   #5
Chris@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

Coding FEM_Body in my car always results in a lot of errors.
FTM Malfunction, xdrive malfunction and so on.

Driving it around for a bit and then shutting it off and turning it back on always fixes it.

that or i use ista to clear all the codes and then its good to go off the bat.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 03:18 AM   #6
mightycrown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f31 320d black sport

If you have FA, SVT, CADF file backed up prior to this error, you could flash Fem body back to the ealier state. Load the ealier files and fdl code only Fembody
Appreciate 0