F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Officially ENZO tuned
proTUNING Freaks

10-25-2015, 09:19 PM   #23
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC
cryptocar dd1981 nice! Dinan S2 335 FBO comparo EnzoTuned 400R+ 335 FBO

You guys should do something like this

We may end up racing who knows he's definitely gonna come check out a flashed car for himself.
      10-25-2015, 10:33 PM   #24
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981
Quote:

We may end up racing who knows he's definitely gonna come check out a flashed car for himself.
I'd be down to race for sure, though it's obvious my Dinan is no match for the ENZO but it'd be nice to see side by side results. He's also got RWD and I've got xDrive so the results will be skewed from that as well.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 2
      10-25-2015, 10:38 PM   #25
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar
Quote:
Quote:

I'd be down to race for sure, though it's obvious my Dinan is no match for the ENZO but it'd be nice to see side by side results. He's also got RWD and I've got xDrive so the results will be skewed from that as well.
It will be fun no matter what. Who knows what each car is capable of. We may find out
      10-25-2015, 11:46 PM   #26
obriennathaniel
@obriennathaniel_f30 on Instagram
United_States
Rep
Drives: 582whp/596wtq '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
I have a challange catted down pipe, other then that its cosmetic stuff. Anyway, usually the turnaround is if you overnight it, they do it the next day and ship it back to you that day and you have it within 24hrs. In my case it took a bit longer as some unplanned events occured but ENZO took care of me since it took a few extra days. I also took out my own ECU and reassembled it. If you take it to a shop things may take longer and you have to store the car there. Keep that in mind.

I believe the options are stage 1 and stage 2. Stage 1 is just the tune and stage 2 is downpipe, and BMC filters plus the tune. They rate the setup on the M235i at 435hp and 450lbs tq on stage 2.

They delete the CEL code so the light does not come on if you run down pipes, they tune for 91 or 93 octane I think. Also eliminate the speed limiter.

If youre on the fence do it man. You will be blown away especially with a down pipe. The car has so much power now at every RPM range.
crank HP im assuming? any plans on a dyno?

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 11:56 PM   #27
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel
Quote:
I have a challange catted down pipe, other then that its cosmetic stuff. Anyway, usually the turnaround is if you overnight it, they do it the next day and ship it back to you that day and you have it within 24hrs. In my case it took a bit longer as some unplanned events occured but ENZO took care of me since it took a few extra days. I also took out my own ECU and reassembled it. If you take it to a shop things may take longer and you have to store the car there. Keep that in mind.

I believe the options are stage 1 and stage 2. Stage 1 is just the tune and stage 2 is downpipe, and BMC filters plus the tune. They rate the setup on the M235i at 435hp and 450lbs tq on stage 2.

They delete the CEL code so the light does not come on if you run down pipes, they tune for 91 or 93 octane I think. Also eliminate the speed limiter.

If youre on the fence do it man. You will be blown away especially with a down pipe. The car has so much power now at every RPM range.
crank HP im assuming? any plans on a dyno?
Oh gosh yes, no way a stock turbo can touch 435 to the tire. Yes in the summer I'd love to dyno it. I'd be happy with 350-360rwhp.
      10-26-2015, 12:33 AM   #28
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Oh wow yeah that's a deal breaker. Plus the risk of it getting lost or held on borders.
+1
      10-29-2015, 07:27 PM   #29
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
dd1981 and I met up today briefly, I got to drive his Enzo flashed car, and damn it may have well be a different engine than mine. Throttle response is so incredibly improved, very responsive across the powerband especially on the very low end. Also unlike my Dinan S2 which loses power over ~110 the Enzo gives tremendous power in the top end, feels like the Merc V8 5.5L bi-Turbo AMG with its great top end pickup.
Enzo pairing with a full ER charge air system, like mine, would be phenomenal.
I hope Enzo can custom map for a Pure S2 turbo too, that would be a perfect match.

Unfortunately because it's cold and the end of the month, racing wasn't an option today, but hopefully we can get a proper race with logs or at least side by side logging before the end of the year.

My Dinan's days are numbered after driving the Enzo flash, theres really no comparison, and since it's much cheaper too there's really no question. I am very, very impressed with what Enzo has done with this flash.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 3
      10-29-2015, 07:35 PM   #30
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
dd1981 and I met up today briefly, I got to drive his Enzo flashed car, and damn it may have well be a different engine than mine. Throttle response is so incredibly improved, very responsive across the powerband especially on the very low end. Also unlike my Dinan S2 which loses power over ~110 the Enzo gives tremendous power in the top end, feels like the Merc V8 5.5L bi-Turbo AMG with its great top end pickup.
I hope Enzo can custom map for a Pure S2 turbo too, that would be a perfect match.

Unfortunately because it's cold and the end of the month, racing wasn't an option today, but hopefully we can get a proper race with logs or at least side by side logging before the end of the year.

My Dinan's days are numbered after driving the Enzo flash, theres really no comparison, and since it's much cheaper too there's really no question. I am very, very impressed with what Enzo has done with this flash.
Damn...I'm REALLY starting to lean this way also. I'd like to go the PureTurbo S2 route. I'm just worried about BMW wiping the flash out if they do a software update.

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 2
      10-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #31
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Damn...I'm REALLY starting to lean this way also. I'd like to go the PureTurbo S2 route. I'm just worried about BMW wiping the flash out if they do a software update.

LOL I wouldn't let BMW anywhere near my DME after Enzo or any other flashing, it's already been a PITA that I have to recode my personal settings with E-sys almost every time I go in. Now I double check everytime whether they plan to do any upgrades on any ECUs, and selectively choose what they do. I think I'm already going to stop letting them touch my DME because I finally successfully removed the cat warning and increased my VMax to 327kph(203mph)!
Appreciate 2
      10-29-2015, 09:54 PM   #32
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

It was very nice to meet you. I'm glad you got to see seat time with the flash and plan your next step in a calculated manner.

It'll be awesome racing perhaps next year when it's above 60 lol.
But by then when you carry out your plans it won't be much of a match

Your car is beautiful love the red leather on black
      10-29-2015, 09:55 PM   #33
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz
Quote:

Just have to tell them no matter what you do not wish any updates done to your DME.

Last I spoke to Enzo they are quite capable doing a pure turbo tune. Give them a call.
      10-29-2015, 10:45 PM   #34
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

It was very nice to meet you. I'm glad you got to see seat time with the flash and plan your next step in a calculated manner.

Well we're supposed to see a couple days above 70 next week so the temps aren't quite gone yet even though it snowed this morning lol. Let me know if you have more time off soon would love to go head to head and you've still got to drive my car to check the suspension.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2015, 11:06 PM   #35
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well we're supposed to see a couple days above 70 next week so the temps aren't quite gone yet even though it snowed this morning lol. Let me know if you have more time off soon would love to go head to head and you've still got to drive my car to check the suspension.
Yes maybe next Thursday would work. Just text me and we'll set it up, maybe your laptop will be up and running and we can read some data
      10-30-2015, 12:09 AM   #36
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Definitely.
I'm gonna get my laptop working again tomorrow no idea why it just stopped working after the first scan.
Also we can log using M Laptimer and get side by side logs to review.
I never even tried that app until recently but I really like it.
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2015, 10:07 PM   #37
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerreissen
Will this tune suppress the CEL for a cat-less DP?
Yep sure does. They can tune you for catted or catless setup. Speed limiter is gone too
Has anyone read the ECU with an Enzo tune using a code scanner?

My CAT shows as not ready...is that part of the tune? Because that seems like it's easy for the MVA/DMV emissions folks to pick up.

And yes I'm Enzo tuned...

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 10:50 PM   #38
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath
Quote:
Quote:
Yep sure does. They can tune you for catted or catless setup. Speed limiter is gone too

My CAT shows as not ready...is that part of the tune? Because that seems like it's easy for the MVA/DMV emissions folks to pick up.

Yeah it looks totally stock from the BMW workshop system ISTA/D and also when checking FDL coding with ESYS. It all looks totally stock without really digging into it. Far more than nearly any dealer tech could possibly do or would even think to do.

Edit: sorry I misread my DME is totally stock and it looks exactly like the Enzo tuned one I read with ESYS and tested with ISTA. . What is the werte value and FDL code for your KAT?
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2015, 11:24 PM   #39
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where do you see that it's says not ready are you talking about the idrive vehicle info tab? Or a generic OBD scanner and software/app
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2015, 11:30 PM   #40
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Where do you see that it's says not ready are you talking about the idrive vehicle info tab? Or a generic OBD scanner and software/app
Pretty sure he's talking about a generic (auto zone type) obd scanner reader.
      11-26-2015, 02:43 AM   #41
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Pretty sure he's talking about a generic (auto zone type) obd scanner reader.
Ok well I know my generic BT and WiFi based app scanners all give similar errors for the emission system and o2 sensors. This was before I installed a sport cat DP. There were like 2-3 systems of 8 on my car that showed not ready. Our cars are Just not fully NA OBD compatible
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2015, 11:54 PM   #42
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah it looks totally stock from the BMW workshop system ISTA/D and also when checking FDL coding with ESYS. It all looks totally stock without really digging into it. Far more than nearly any dealer tech could possibly do or would even think to do.

Edit: sorry I misread my DME is totally stock and it looks exactly like the Enzo tuned one I read with ESYS and tested with ISTA. . What is the werte value and FDL code for your KAT?
Really? Because my dealer noted I'm running a cat delete and my generic autozone code detector noted it too.

My dealer doesn't care, but I was surprised that they caught it...and am wondering if others have seen this too.

I'm due for emissions 6/17, so I have time, but would be good to know...

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 11:17 AM   #43
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Really? Because my dealer noted I'm running a cat delete and my generic autozone code detector noted it too.

My dealer doesn't care, but I was surprised that they caught it...and am wondering if others have seen this too.

I'm due for emissions 6/17, so I have time, but would be good to know...
Interesting. I don't have the tool you used but I ran the standard test from the dealer workshop software of all ECUs on dd1981 it shows no faults in the DME and shows nearly the same (he's got an older build) info as my stock DME. His ESYS FDL functions all had the stock values (for like KAT and VMax) although we have proven the that those limits don't actually exist in the Enzo tuned system.
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2015, 03:02 AM   #44
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just saw cryptocar is now JB4 are you guys going to do a little match for us to see it against EnzoTuned dd1981 ?
We may be able to set it up, but the issues currently is the weather and he's not going to be on a stock turbo for much longer. Come spring if we race there won't be much to look at if he's gonna be stage 2 lol