F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > High-beam Assistant
Extreme Powerhouse

11-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #23
oonowindoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i RWD

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1193588
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 01:31 PM   #24
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340xi

adaptive leds, swiveling works for low-beams as well... xenons only swivels with high beams
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #25
oonowindoo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercar View Post
adaptive leds, swiveling works for low-beams as well... xenons only swivels with high beams
Nope. The swiveling works almost exactly the same for HID or LED (without coding) for both the Low beams.

But because LEDs has "4" headlights the swivel patterns are different but overall they are the same. This is very noticeable when you parked against a wall and turn off the car (in auto headlight mode) that LED will swivel to the center before shutting off and HID will just turn off.

The main differences between Adaptive HID and Adaptive LEDs are High beam assist and LEDs will automatically change the output intensity and range/width based on the speed you are traveling. I have also read that your surrounding brightness (no street light vs street lights) will play a role as well. But I am not so sure about that part.

Adaptive HID.. well it will stay the same other than moving around with your steering wheel.

I am not sure why BMW decided not to set the low beam at the best range and brightness 100% of the time. But that is just how it is.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 02:04 PM   #26
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Quote:
Nope. The swiveling works almost exactly the same for HID or LED (without coding) for both the Low beams.

But because LEDs has "4" headlights the swivel patterns are different but overall they are the same. This is very noticeable when you parked against a wall and turn off the car (in auto headlight mode) that LED will swivel to the center before shutting off and HID will just turn off.

The main differences between Adaptive HID and Adaptive LEDs are High beam assist and LEDs will automatically change the output intensity and range/width based on the speed you are traveling. I have also read that your surrounding brightness (no street light vs street lights) will play a role as well. But I am not so sure about that part.

Adaptive HID.. well it will stay the same other than moving around with your steering wheel.

I am not sure why BMW decided not to set the low beam at the best range and brightness 100% of the time. But that is just how it is.
I have adaptive leds, it looks to me that the low beams swivel.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 06:07 PM   #27
oonowindoo
Captain
Rep

it does. so does the HID.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 08:14 PM   #28
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
In general, coding a 340i is easy, but my understanding is that BMW replaced some modules on the 340i LEDs and the coding guru's are still working on getting the glare free high beam functionality to work right.
I think it is just matter of finding somebody who is willing to try the coding and confirm it works as expected
      11-14-2015, 12:14 AM   #29
bovino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36, 2017 i3 REx

Came here to say this to OP: LGM!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 05:53 AM   #30
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Quote:

You are correct. The one thing I miss from the LEDs on my MSport 4 series is that when you don't have fog lights the LEDs also have turning lamp capabilities. The xenons do not without fog lights. (I also don't like fog lights.)

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 07:33 AM   #31
Beowulf65
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i xDrive Gran Coupé

Garage List
FYI
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Non-glare high-beam assistant.pdf (929.5 KB, 123 views)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 09:14 AM   #32
mkrup87
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340xi M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
I think it is just matter of finding somebody who is willing to try the coding and confirm it works as expected
Do you have step by step instructions done up? I'm a little bit nervous to be the first, especially since I'm new at coding, but I think I might be ready to take the plunge.

Maybe we should start a thread in the DIY/coding section to pull the 340 adaptive owners together and talk about testing results?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #33
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrup87 View Post
Do you have step by step instructions done up?
I was waiting to have the the coding confirmed before putting together a PDF with step-by-step instructions, like I did for the F3x with the LHM/TMS ECUs. The key reason is that I do not want a document an incomplete coding to start floating around the Internet.

Quote:
I'm a little bit nervous to be the first, especially since I'm new at coding, but I think I might be ready to take the plunge. Maybe we should start a thread in the DIY/coding section to pull the 340 adaptive owners together and talk about testing results?
Starting a thread in the DIY/coding section is a good idea if there are a few people with F30/31 LCI ready to start coding this: there is a long thread on no-glare high beam (NGHB) in the F80 forum, but since the ECUs are different on the F30/31 LCI, I think it is best to keep this discussion separate to avoid confusion. The problem is that everybody would be a bit more comfortable knowing that somebody else has already coded this.

In any case, as I mentioned in reply to your post on the other forum, you should try first to simply remove 5AP and 8S4 from your FA and VO code FEM_BODY, FLA/KAFAS and both FLEs. Drive around for a few days with NGHB coded this way before doing anything else, so that you can confirm for yourself that, while the headlights start moving around in response to other cars, the "tunnel" is not working properly and you are glaring them.