F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Why does this car have so many problems?!
proTUNING Freaks

11-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #1
Mr.G20 M340
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Portimao Blue M340-x

Why does this car have so many problems?!

So as of 3 days ago, the driver side door doesn't unlock anymore when I pull the handle twice, but when I use the unlock button it unlocks, but very very slowly compared to the other doors.. I believe this problem can be fixed if BMW avoided making the doors on these cars so light or at least have some kind of reinforcement to make it close slower!

2020 Portimao Blue M340 X Drive and adaptive suspension.
Mods: custom exhaust, VRSF Catted DP, Injen intake and Chargepipe.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
kent11202
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Having gone through some maddening issues with my CA involving (primarily) the inability (on most occasions) to touch the handle and have it lock, I finally got it into the dealer. There were a few times it struggled with locking as well.

After analyzing, they had to order a new door handle from the factory which took a few days because they had to paint it to match.

Now all I have to do is place my hand between the handle and the body - BINGO, the car unlocks. I'll bet you have the same problem. Take the thing in and tell them you read all about here (and pray the problem repeats itself AT the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
Mr.G20 M340
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Portimao Blue M340-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent11202
Having gone through some maddening issues with my CA involving (primarily) the inability (on most occasions) to touch the handle and have it lock, I finally got it into the dealer. There were a few times it struggled with locking as well.

After analyzing, they had to order a new door handle from the factory which took a few days because they had to paint it to match.

Now all I have to do is place my hand between the handle and the body - BINGO, the car unlocks. I'll bet you have the same problem. Take the thing in and tell them you read all about here (and pray the problem repeats itself AT the dealership.
I don't wish to have this problem repeated because I've gone to the dealership 7-9 times in regards to brakes. This is just gonna make my case a lot stronger that this freaking car is a lemon!

2020 Portimao Blue M340 X Drive and adaptive suspension.
Mods: custom exhaust, VRSF Catted DP, Injen intake and Chargepipe.
Appreciate 0