F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2012 Formula 1 Off-weeks Thread
GetBMWParts

09-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #419
F1-fanatic
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0i

Any chance at all that Kubica will be ready to drive for Ferrari?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #420
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
They're saying he could be the Pirelli test driver if he's healthy enough to do it. Then maybe a drive in 2014. It would be great but it's still a stretch for now.
      10-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #421
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Don't know if anyone saw this...

It's a week old, but great news. Great to her smiling!

http://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/new...ter-losing-eye

Quote:
Madrid: Spanish Formula One driver Maria De Villota said Thursday losing her eye in a July crash has let her see beyond the race track to the important things in life.

In an emotional first news conference since the accident, De Villota insisted there is a place for women in the male-dominated world of F1 and she hopes someone will pick up where she left off.

The 32-year-old Marussia driver wore a patch over the right eye, which she lost when her car smashed into a support vehicle on July 3 during testing at Duxford Airfield circuit in Cambridgeshire, eastern England.

"Before, I only saw Formula One, I only saw myself in a car competing and did not see what was important in life, the clarity to say 'I am alive'," she told reporters at the headquarters of the Spanish sports council.

"This eye has given me my bearings, given me back what is important, and I accept it with the energy to say I am going to live out this chance 100 percent."

De Villota said she did not know what her future would be now.

"I want to carry on fighting because I strongly believe in women in the world of motor sport," she said in the packed news conference, joined by personalities including Spanish rally driver Carlos Sainz.

"Now I do have a physical impediment but before I didn't and I want someone else to take over," she said, noting the achievement of Austrian Monisha Kaltenborn, new principal of the Sauber F1 team.

De Villota, who underwent lengthy surgery after the crash for serious head and facial injuries, showed few scars from the accident other than the patch covering her lost eye.

De Villota, the daughter of former Spanish Formula One driver Emilio De Villota, was given a test drive by Renault last year and had previously raced in Spanish Formula Three and the Daytona 24 Hours.

Women drivers remain a rarity in Formula One.

In April this year, Williams signed German touring car driver Susie Wolff as the team's development driver.

But the last woman to enter the F1 world championship was Italian Giovanna Amati, who failed to qualify for three races at the start of the 1992 season with Brabham.

Five women have entered F1 races in the past, the most prolific being Italian Lella Lombardi, who started 12 grands prix in the 1970s.

Marussia began racing in 2010 under the Virgin banner. The team rebranded as Marussia in 2012, with Charles Pic driving alongside Timo Glock.
      10-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #422
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

The underside of the W03

http://jalopnik.com/5952568/explore-...ormula-one-car
      11-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #423
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
Neat pic

11-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #424
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
That really gives me the chill.
Anyone got picture comparing the Hills?
Graham Hill, Damon Hill, and Joshua Hill.
      11-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #425
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

I remember right after B. Senna came to race, M. Brundle actually went speechless for a second, the one time he retired, can't remember the race, because he saw basically the same shot as above and it messed with his brain (wasn't Senna his teammate at some point?). I saw the pic of N. Prost after this past young drivers' test and he does look just like his dad eh?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #426
Nang Vann
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, R35 GT-R

Interesting pic
      11-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #427
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
I remember right after B. Senna came to race, M. Brundle actually went speechless for a second, the one time he retired, can't remember the race, because he saw basically the same shot as above and it messed with his brain (wasn't Senna his teammate at some point?). I saw the pic of N. Prost after this past young drivers' test and he does look just like his dad eh?
I remember we did compare similar shots when B. Senna first drove for HRT back in 2010. We were stunned.
      11-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #428
VIPLINE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sigh.....Kamui Kobayashi will not be racing for Sauber next season.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #429
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
That really gives me the chill.
Anyone got picture comparing the Hills?
Graham Hill, Damon Hill, and Joshua Hill.
      11-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #430
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
Ok less "similar"....

Thanks for posting that!!!
      11-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #431
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
FIA warns drivers over swearing

No more swearing guys. But I think that makes F1 more human and fun!

Quote:
The FIA sent out a warning to all teams and drivers about using offensive language in media interviews, saying that it "shines an unwelcome beam of adverse publicity" on Formula One.

Both Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen swore during the podium ceremony at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, which was broadcast across the world directly after the race. According to the Times the letter reminded the teams and drivers it was "very much our collective responsibility to make sure drivers are aware such language has no place during media events".

On the evening of the race Sebastian Vettel issued the following apology on his personal website.

"I'm terribly sorry for using the wrong word on the podium and I'm sorry if I have offended anyone who was watching. In the heat of the moment, I didn't use the right words and I apologise. I'll do it better next time."
http://en.espnf1.com/fia/motorsport/story/94518.html
      11-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #432
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
HRT put up for sale by owners Thesan Capital

Bye bye HRT!

Quote:
The HRT Formula One team is looking for new owners having been put up for sale by Thesan Capital.

The team confirmed the news via a statement from Thesan Capital on its official website, saying that it is "currently in talks with a number of groups" with an interest in making a purchase. Thesan Capital purchased HRT from the Carabante family in July 2011, but having relocated the team to Madrid it has said it hopes to offload the team to new owners "in the upcoming weeks".

"The current owners of HRT Formula 1 Team, TC II S.a.rl., would like to confirm that they are currently in talks with a number of groups interested in buying the team," the statement read. "HRT Formula 1 Team's current management hopes to conclude the sale in the upcoming weeks and, with it, enable the team to continue progressing and become a reference in modern-day Formula 1 after the important achievements already accomplished in this 2012 season.

"HRT Formula 1 Team hopes to communicate the name of its new owner in the upcoming weeks."

HRT's management also added that the team needed further backing in order to build on the work carried out this season.

"We believe the moment to let new investors come through for HRT Formula 1 Team has arrived," the team management said. "We're very proud of the work done by the entire team and of the excellent sporting evolution achieved but the time has come for the team to continue growing with new financial backing. We're convinced that the sporting potential of the team is huge and that the presence of new investors can give it a big boost."

A report in El Confidencial claimed that the team will be dissolved if it does not find a buyer by December 2, but the team refused to comment on the claim when contacted by ESPN.
http://en.espnf1.com/hrtf1/motorsport/story/94651.html
      11-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #433
O7ls3o5n
Registered
Rep
Drives: Benz350

their car is super fast, has great pace, and it's showing.

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 03:07 AM   #434
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Maybe someone won't buy them at all...

edit: would that be good for the sport or bad?
      11-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #435
Deovann07
Registered
Rep
Drives: mazda

Talking about F1. There are some rules and regulations that drivers will be engaging to.

Engine specifications

It’s a requirement that F1 engine be naturally aspirated, be a 4 -stroke interior ignition petrol run engines, have circular piston and a limit of 2 exhaust and 2 intake valves for each cylinder. The engines should be V8 and with a maximum displacement of 2.4 liters among others. The driver is also, only allowed to use a maximum of 8 engines in one season failure to which, a penalty is imposed.

Car Chassis

Most of the F1 car aspects carry size regulations. The car should be within the limits of 180 cm in width and 95 cm in height. This strictly governs the type and dimensions of the chassis to be used on the cars. The chassis must contain a “safety cell”. This includes the cockpit designed to reduce any direct impact on the cockpit. It also contains a fuel cell positioned right behind the cockpit.

Refueling of the car

The car should not be refueled once the race has begun. This means that the tank capacity must be designed to incorporate a capacity, which will sustain the racing car up to the end.

Some of the sporting guidelines are as below.

Parcfermé

This is a paddock sectioned off the FIA where the teams are required to take their cars after the weighing during each qualifying session. Here routine maintenance is done and the cars are released the next morning for the race.

Scoring

When it comes to scoring, it’s based on the distance completed by the driver. This means that it’s not a must for a drive to finish the whole race but he must

at least cover 90% of the distance. From 2010, the scoring system have been as below

For drivers, should complete at least 90% of winner’s race distance
1st place 25- points
2nd place 18 -points
3rd place 15- points
4th place 12- points
5th place 10- points
6th place 8- points
7th place 6- points
8th place 4- points
9th place 2 -points
10th place 1- point
11th place and beyond No points
These are just but a few rules and guidelines in the formula one sport. At least you have an idea now.If by any chance the race is abandoned before75% of the total distance, all the points awarded are halved. E.g. 12.5,9,7.5,6,5,4,3,2,1,0.5.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #436
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Infiniti to become Red Bull's title sponsor in 2013

Next Year will be Infiniti Red Bull Racing.
Catchy name...

Quote:
Infiniti has signed a four-year deal to become the title sponsor of Red Bull from 2013, meaning the team will officially be known as Infiniti Red Bull Racing.

The new deal is a step up from Infiniti's existing relationship with Red Bull and the car brand, which is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance, will increase its involvement from purely commercial to a technical partnership going forward.

"Red Bull Racing and Infiniti have been working on a number of initiatives since the start of our relationship in 2011," Christian Horner said. "During that time, Infiniti has demonstrated significant technical prowess and I've been impressed by the depth of the wider engineering capabilities of the Nissan Motor Company.

"In terms of marketing, Infiniti has leveraged their involvement with Red Bull Racing and Formula One extremely effectively to become much better known in a short space of time. These two attributes make Infiniti the ideal title and technical partner for Red Bull Racing."

President of the Renault-Nissan Alliance, Carlos Ghosn, made clear that the Red Bull's engines would continue to branded as Renaults in order to avoid any confusion with between the two brands' separate responsibilities.

"I don't think we want any confusion within the Alliance as to who does what," he said in the Interlagos paddock on Sunday. "Renault changed and adapted its strategy in 2008 when most of the [manufacturer] teams went out of F1 and Renault stayed. We just changed our strategy and instead of being just a one-team player we wanted to be a multi-team player by bringing the heart of the competition, which is the engine. By having Renault supplying today one third of all the cars running and being for the third year in a row [constructors']champions with Red Bull is a validation of the strategy we have taken."

Ghosn added: "Infiniti as a premium car producer and marketer associating its name to Red Bull, particularly through a very thorough and sophisticated marketing effort. It has at the first result, brought the awareness of the Infiniti brand higher than the level we were targeting and now we are going to go for an even higher level of awareness of Infiniti in many markets and particularly in emerging markets. And then the sky is the limit and we are going to continue work together to find new ways of collaboration both on a technical level and also in marketing."
http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsp...ory/96259.html
      11-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #437
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
Now nothing until March
      11-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #438
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
Now nothing until March
No more 5am races for me till the next European race.
      11-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #439
TexasZed4MC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

Yes the DARK days of F1 are here. NOTHING till March...... sad days

Lone Star Chapter BMWCCA HPDE Event Chair, Texas Trifecta Event Chair, & BMWCCA driving Instructor
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #440
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasZed4MC View Post
Yes the DARK days of F1 are here. NOTHING till March...... sad days
Dont you mean the long time reign of another German prodigy?

Appreciate 0