F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Buyers Remorse
ARMA SPEED

12-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #23
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunRevn View Post
Mark L. What tires are you running on your GT? We have the 19 ContiContactSport RXX5 (forgot the letters) very new performance runflat. Most GT's I have seen come with Pirelli Pzero which is a nice tire. I think the Conti is actually a bit more comfortable.

I will run these down to return limit and replace with Non Runflat Michelin PSS That is a great handling tire and is very very comfortable. Then if I do a lease return I will reinstall the Run Flats as required.

Take your car to a parking lot with Speed bumps and roll over them at around 5mph in Sport+ and feel how the suspension handles rebound as the car comes down from the speed bump (firm) Then repeat in Comport Mode and feel the difference (bouncy and soft). Its very cool.. If yours is not noticeable you may need to have them check it. Also Tire presure and weather can contribute significatly to tire comfort. I run about 3lbs above normal recommended front and rear. Cold tires which Im sure you have on the East Coast can make run flats harsh.
18" Conti SSR runflats for me too....... for now. Now that temps came back down, I'll have to replace them with all seasons. She'll be getting ContiExtreme KDW non-runflats as soon as the tire shop gets them in stock.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #24
B5rider
Rep
Drives: 2015 328iX GT

The 2015 335 GT loaded, with DHP has a creak in the front right area. First thought it was suspension. They re-tentioned and problem persisted. They finally determined (using a stethoscope) it to be a faulty motor mount. WOW only 1,100 miles on the car. Taking it today for installation of the new mount. Should be complete by 12/31/2014

I hope they have the part in stock. Rear axles are obviously not it the habit of braking on the 2015s, otherwise they would keep them in stock. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #25
GotgolfMD
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i GT M package

No buyers remorse here.

The GT has the perfect balance. If I were single with no kids I would be driving an M3 or M4. However, the reality is I need space, comfort, fuel mileage, all with the ability to drive in all kinds of weather. The GT wraps this together.

Over the past 12 months I have driven over 25k miles, I never stopped during last years crappy winter. I average 26 mpg. I can easily place my bike in the back without removing the front tire. I also get compliments on the looks of the car regularly. There is not another car on the market with this balance of function.

The ASS (Auto Start Stop) system crapped out on me at 16,000 miles. The car would not restart when stopped at a light. The dealer could not locate any error codes of faults. They replace the starter, problem solved. A disappointing problem but I had good dealer service to repair the issue.

I hate the run flat tires. I am due for new rubber now with only 25k miles. I will dump the Conti's and replace with Bridgestones. I hope to get at least 30k out of these.

I would still buy this car again in a heartbeat!!

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #26
Xgtowner
Rep
Drives: 328xiGT

Hi-

I have a 1 month old new 2015 328xiGT on a 39 month/39k mile lease that I want to get out of it.

There is nothing wrong with the car, but I hate the I drive and the instrument panel - it's std BMW apparently but too complex for me. I guess if you have had a BMWs before it's no big deal, but I've been driving Hondas and nissans ans this is like going back to school again- Very frustrating- I'm kicking myself for not doing the overnight test drive first. Never had this kind if issue before.

Car is midnight blue with beige leather:
Premium Package
Drivers Assistance package
Cold weather package
360 camera
Navigation

Msrp was $51.5k. - I got it for $46.5k
Lease pmts are $465/month inc NJ 7% sales tax.
I will pay the lease transfer fees, plus the next month lease pmt.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.
I'm in NJ
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 10:57 PM   #27
FunRevn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5rider View Post
The 2015 335 GT loaded, with DHP has a creak in the front right area. First thought it was suspension. They re-tentioned and problem persisted. They finally determined (using a stethoscope) it to be a faulty motor mount. WOW only 1,100 miles on the car. Taking it today for installation of the new mount. Should be complete by 12/31/2014

I hope they have the part in stock. Rear axles are obviously not it the habit of braking on the 2015s, otherwise they would keep them in stock. Good luck
Thanks.. Yeah there were 3 in the country. They ordered it on Friday. Lets hope it solves the issue. We love the car. I think its going to get the MPPK after we solve the issue.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 11:03 PM   #28
FunRevn
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjaye View Post
Hi-

I have a 1 month old new 2015 328xiGT on a 39 month/39k mile lease that I want to get out of it.

There is nothing wrong with the car, but I hate the I drive and the instrument panel - it's std BMW apparently but too complex for me. I guess if you have had a BMWs before it's no big deal, but I've been driving Hondas and nissans ans this is like going back to school again- Very frustrating- I'm kicking myself for not doing the overnight test drive first. Never had this kind if issue before.

Car is midnight blue with beige leather:
Premium Package
Drivers Assistance package
Cold weather package
360 camera
Navigation

Msrp was $51.5k. - I got it for $46.5k
Lease pmts are $465/month inc NJ 7% sales tax.
I will pay the lease transfer fees, plus the next month lease pmt.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.
I'm in NJ
Yes the instruments and the iDrive are quite different from the Japanese offerings. You have a beautiful car. Have someone from the dealer spend 10 mins showing you the logic of the iDrive system. It is quite easy once you understand the logic of the layout. Just like with any software program you need to understand how the developer laid out the flow of the program. Then you will see how to get where you want with ease in just a few clicks.

I hope you give it a second chance and find enjoyment. Cheers.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 01:30 AM   #29
FunRevn
Captain
Rep

Got the GT back today and sure enough the motor mount replacement fixed the creaking sound. She's as smooth as butter.

M235 did not fare as well. Replaced LSD and the clicking sound remains however the headliner Creek is gone it was a sunroof seal that needed to be lubricated.

Stay tuned for M235 updates what a pita.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #30
B5rider
Rep

Quote:
Got the GT back today and sure enough the motor mount replacement fixed the creaking sound. She's as smooth as butter.

M235 did not fare as well. Replaced LSD and the clicking sound remains however the headliner Creek is gone it was a sunroof seal that needed to be lubricated.

Stay tuned for M235 updates what a pita.
Good to hear!
Good luck on the M235. I hope they gave you an M3 as a loaner to make up for it.

I'm on my 16th day with the loaner...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 10:10 AM   #31
FunRevn
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Good to hear!
Good luck on the M235. I hope they gave you an M3 as a loaner to make up for it.

I'm on my 16th day with the loaner...
Thanks. Ouch 16 days.... I hope they get your car back on the road soon.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 12:48 PM   #32
Xgtowner
Rep
Drives: 328xiGT

Quote:
Yes the instruments and the iDrive are quite different from the Japanese offerings. You have a beautiful car. Have someone from the dealer spend 10 mins showing you the logic of the iDrive system. It is quite easy once you understand the logic of the layout. Just like with any software program you need to understand how the developer laid out the flow of the program. Then you will see how to get where you want with ease in just a few clicks.

I hope you give it a second chance and find enjoyment. Cheers.
I've spent 2 hours with the "genius".

46 grand and have to take a course in the German notion of ergonomics. Next car I will insist on an overnight test drive.

And what's with the windshield wipers? Is there an intermittent speed, plus normal, plus fast, or are there only 2 speeds?
Instead of fairly pointless paddle shifters, (like T-ts on a Bull) how about wiper and turn signal stalks you can actually see from behind the steering wheel?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #33
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've spent 2 hours with the "genius".

46 grand and have to take a course in the German notion of ergonomics. Next car I will insist on an overnight test drive.

And what's with the windshield wipers? Is there an intermittent speed, plus normal, plus fast, or are there only 2 speeds?
Instead of fairly pointless paddle shifters, (like T-ts on a Bull) how about wiper and turn signal stalks you can actually see from behind the steering wheel?
The wipers are automatic. Just push the button on the end of the stalk and they'll wipe as needed.

Theres nothing wrong with iDrive. This is my 3rd car with it and its extremely simple to use. I've had an Audi with MMI and it was way more confusing and backwards. Still like touchscreen best, but iDrive is still very simple and easy to use.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 02:22 PM   #34
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head with the last 2 sentences. The GT is around 4,000lbs. You need more power than the little 2.0 Turbo can muster. I question the decision to even sell the gas 328 here. I think the diesel would have fared better, because of its instant torque and low rpm characteristics. In traffic, like you have in the DC area, the diesel would be highly preferable to the gas motor.

There are probably less used 335GTs available because, a) the are not typically used as loaners and then sold like the 338 and b) 328's are sold in much higher numbers. It stands to reason that there would be a bigger selection used 328GT or 328s of any kind over the 335.

While the 328GT is a bit slower than the 328 sedan because it weighs more, it is certainly no slouch with a 5.9 0-60. I know that's slow for you inline 6 folks, but for many people its just fine. Not everybody needs/wants power they will never use for the way they drive. 5.9 0-60 time is not too slow to get BMW to not offer that engine choice.

I'm sure there are some M3 owners wondering why BMW offers that slow N55 engine. Everything is relative..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 08:18 PM   #35
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbridge View Post
I have a 335GT M-Sport with 19s, and I'm very pleased with the ride. I'm really surprised to hear yours is so harsh. Just a thought, but could the dealer have forgotten to remove the spacers (I think that's what they're called)? I realize we're talking NYC roads versus Ohio rural roads, but still, I can't see how yours could be riding harsh.
You hit the nail on the head. They left the spacers in. Dealer removed the spacers today and the ride is way better. Actually it may be too soft. It feels kinda disconnected in Comfort, so I've been driving around in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #36
markbridge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW; 2017 M-B SL450

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head. They left the spacers in. Dealer removed the spacers today and the ride is way better. Actually it may be too soft. It feels kinda disconnected in Comfort, so I've been driving around in Sport.
Glad to hear that's all it was.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #37
KneeDragr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Planning 2015 ED :)

Quote:
Great news, your post about the suspension being harsh had me rethinking ordering dhp. Glad to hear it's almost too soft!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #38
B5rider
Rep

Got the car back 21 days later. They replaced the rear axle, brake rotors, and pads. My dealership has been great throughout the process and very accommodating. They did ask that I change out the loaner once, but they delivered another loaner to my work.
The car runs smooth, no rattles, no squeaks, and is solid.
After I told my service advisor I had made my second payment but only driven the car for 30 days, he called BMW and they will be compensating me for my trouble.
It feels like getting a new car all over again.
After driving a diesel wagon and a sedan, I am glad I got the GT instead. The experience solidified the decision to get the GT was the best one.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 07:17 AM   #39
markbridge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW; 2017 M-B SL450

Quote:
Got the car back 21 days later. They replaced the rear axle, brake rotors, and pads. My dealership has been great throughout the process and very accommodating. They did ask that I change out the loaner once, but they delivered another loaner to my work.
The car runs smooth, no rattles, no squeaks, and is solid.
After I told my service advisor I had made my second payment but only driven the car for 30 days, he called BMW and they will be compensating me for my trouble.
After driving a diesel wagon and a sedan, I am glad I got the GT instead. The experience solidified the decision to get the GT was the best one.
That is fantastic! It sounds like you have a good dealership there.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 08:54 AM   #40
KneeDragr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Planning 2015 ED :)

Quote:
Thats awesome - glad you like the car so much, and its back in your hands.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 12:24 AM   #41
wmb
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 Comp, '15 335xi GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunRevn
This is very interesting. I too have a creak from the frontal area that is repeatable while pulling into a parking spot on a slight incline. It occurs immediately after light braking (leading me to assume suspension or a brake related issue) but this seems like it could be it.

Can you give me any insight as to the specific fix for my SA?

Last edited by wmb; 01-16-2015 at 12:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 12:36 AM   #42
wmb
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 Comp, '15 335xi GT

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with the car, but I hate the I drive and the instrument panel - it's std BMW apparently but too complex for me. I guess if you have had a BMWs before it's no big deal, but I've been driving Hondas and nissans ans this is like going back to school again- Very frustrating- I'm kicking myself for not doing the overnight test drive first. Never had this kind if issue before
Your reason to dump the car seems far fetched. First generation iDrive maybe. But 4.2 is very intuitive. Early iDrive exempted (which really wasn't all that bad) BMWs have always been praised for their ergonomics.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 03:46 AM   #43
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
how about wiper and turn signal stalks you can actually see from behind the steering wheel?
I completely see your point here but note this version is actually an improvement from the previous E87 I had - now you can sort-of-see the wipers LED when they are on...

I was completely open minded and was looking to other brands... in the end upgraded to this GT and no regrets.

No car has nailed it yet in the savant side of things but BMW's is well recognised as the best out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 03:52 AM   #44
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
The experience solidified the decision to get the GT was the best one.
We tested the wagon too - different cars but it was an option... the GT won it for us too
Appreciate 0