F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BimmerTech: Demo of NBT Evo ID5 without emulators
proTUNING Freaks

03-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #45
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekelsakka View Post
I have the base CIC (no nav, no combox) and I am looking to upgrade to either the NBT or the NBT Evo. Which do you think is an easier and more cost-effective retrofit? Apple CarPlay isn't really a difference maker for me because I mainly use Android whereas iOS is just secondary or for music playback. My car is a F30 316i (WBA3A1109EJ606409). Thanks!
NBT Evo will be a bit more expensive but I would probably recommend it over the regular NBT. I know you do not need CarPlay today but you never know about the future. The user interface of NBT Evo ID5/ID6 looks much better in my opinion.

If you would like to receive a specific quote please drop us an email with your VIN at info@bimmer-tech.net
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #46
e36
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMWs

email sent.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 08:54 PM   #47
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
Online Services

Some of you have been asking if you will lose Online Services with the BimmerTech NBT Evo retrofit.
If your car has a factory installed NBTEvo (ID4) and you would like to upgrade it to ID5/ID6 with CarPlay and other new features you can do it with our retrofit kit and Online Services will still work just fine.

However if you have on older head unit (NBT,CIC, Entry, EntryNav) you will lose Online Services.

If you are not sure what head unit you have just send us an email and we will be happy to help!
To be clear, what all features do you mean when you say "you will loose "Online Services"? There is an "Online services" option under connected drive... is it just that or all Connected drive features? I have HU_CIC & would like to evaluate the gain vs what features i might be loosing...

Last edited by steelerfan; 06-08-2017 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2017, 08:34 AM   #48
AGONXF30
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i S-Line/Melbourne Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
To be clear, what all features do you mean when you say "you will loose "Online Services"? There is an "Online services" option under connected drive... is it just that or all Connected drive features? I have HU_CIC & would like to evaluate the gain vs what features i might be loosing...
This, I like my connected drive items and I would not want to loose them. I am fine with CIC and upgrading to NBT (Non Evo) is not worth the time or money. So if I upgrade would have to be the latest and greatest, but I need to know if loosing some of the features will make it a deal breaker.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #49
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGONXF30 View Post
This, I like my connected drive items and I would not want to loose them. I am fine with CIC and upgrading to NBT (Non Evo) is not worth the time or money. So if I upgrade would have to be the latest and greatest, but I need to know if loosing some of the features will make it a deal breaker.
You should still be able to use SOS since that's tied to your car's internal emergency speaker but send to car won't work since the combox in your car won't know how to communicate with the new head unit.

Remote services should still work for door unlock, horn etc.

The only way you can have a truly 100% working NBT EVO retrofit is if you had a 2016 model with pre-existing 4G telematics equipment.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #50
AGONXF30
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercoders View Post
You should still be able to use SOS since that's tied to your car's internal emergency speaker but send to car will work since the combox in your car won't know how to communicate with the new head unit.

Remote services should still work for door unlock, horn etc.

The only 100% working NBT EVO retrofit really comes down to whether or not you have a 2016 model or not since all prior model years are missing prerequisite hardware.
So since I have a 2012 it is unknown what I will really loose. I have a new combox (4G) and the connection is a lot faster than the old one. I like the items the NBT Evo brings to the table, but not at the expense of some of the other things I have.

Will the Connected Drive App work when connected to the car if I went NBT evo route? That is one of my biggest concerns, not loosing the apps etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 09:50 AM   #51
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So since I have a 2012 it is unknown what I will really loose. I have a new combox (4G) and the connection is a lot faster than the old one. I like the items the NBT Evo brings to the table, but not at the expense of some of the other things I have.

Will the Connected Drive App work when connected to the car if I went NBT evo route? That is one of my biggest concerns, not loosing the apps etc.
The new combox following the recall will not cut it. You must have an ATM (Advanced telecommunication module) which are only fitted onto 2016+ F2x and F3x models from factory.

For pre-2016 builds, the ConnectedDrive app will no longer work for sending directions to the car but you can still use it for remote door unlock and horn etc.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #52
AGONXF30
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The new combox following the recall will not cut it. You must have an ATM (Advanced telecommunication module) which are only fitted onto 2016+ F2x and F3x models from factory.

For pre-2016 builds, the ConnectedDrive app will no longer work for sending directions to the car but you can still use it for remote door unlock and horn etc.
Even when connected via USB?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 01:33 PM   #53
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Even when connected via USB?
BMW Apps - that will work as normal (Web Radio, Twitter, calendar, last mile etc)

MyBMWRemote - what I said earlier applies.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #54
AGONXF30
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BMW Apps - that will work as normal (Web Radio, Twitter, calendar, last mile etc)

MyBMWRemote - what I said earlier applies.
OK that makes me feel better. Honestly the sent to car I use little, because the BMWConnected App can send the addresses via USB when connected and if that will still work it is a good thing.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2017, 03:34 PM   #55
dmayo305
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i

I've got a 2016 328i with professional nav, how much would the retrofit cost? Is it possible to do software only?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 08:02 PM   #56
ScottFree_
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i XDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekelsakka View Post
I have the base CIC (no nav, no combox) and I am looking to upgrade to either the NBT or the NBT Evo. Which do you think is an easier and more cost-effective retrofit? Apple CarPlay isn't really a difference maker for me because I mainly use Android whereas iOS is just secondary or for music playback. My car is a F30 316i (WBA3A1109EJ606409). Thanks!
NBT Evo will be a bit more expensive but I would probably recommend it over the regular NBT. I know you do not need CarPlay today but you never know about the future. The user interface of NBT Evo ID5/ID6 looks much better in my opinion.

If you would like to receive a specific quote please drop us an email with your VIN at info@bimmer-tech.net
I have a 2016 328i.
Not sure which version I have now but I believe it is pro nav.
Can you send me a price and would I lose any current features (online apps etc)?

Last edited by ScottFree_; 11-24-2017 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 01:23 AM   #57
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

If ur sent a retrofitted evo 2gb ram version and have u upgrade it to id 5/6 will it still have reboot issues like everyone else has or do u flash with a "trimmed" Id5/6 which works without issues? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 06:13 PM   #58
R3L3NTL3SS
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

If the car previously had a HUD, does it still communicate navigation over it properly? And does carplay work well with the HUD?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 12:46 AM   #59
hacksics
Private
Sri Lanka
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40e M-Sports 2016

Quote:
Online Services

Some of you have been asking if you will lose Online Services with the BimmerTech NBT Evo retrofit.
If your car has a factory installed NBTEvo (ID4) and you would like to upgrade it to ID5/ID6 with CarPlay and other new features you can do it with our retrofit kit and Online Services will still work just fine.

However if you have on older head unit (NBT,CIC, Entry, EntryNav) you will lose Online Services.

If you are not sure what head unit you have just send us an email and we will be happy to help!
When you say online services will work just fine, I guess you will use same VIN for NBT Evo and ATM. But how can I renew the online services when they are about to expire? Can I renew it via the BMW online portal?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 04:22 PM   #60
itony
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Touring (G81)

Am I correct, that if I retrofit an NBT EVO (ID6) without an ATM, I won’t get any navigation at all? Thanks!
Appreciate 0