F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > PTF Bootmod3 Questions
GetBMWParts

02-13-2018, 08:07 AM   #1
valetudo81
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i F30 N20

PTF Bootmod3 Questions

Hello everyone!

I am looking to go with the bootmod3 tune from PTF. I had some questions. Is it necessary to pull my ECU and send it to them if I do not have a shop near me that unlocks the DME?

I'm hoping there is an easier way.

Second, I would love to hear about some positives and negatives of this tune if any?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #2
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudo81 View Post
Hello everyone!

I am looking to go with the bootmod3 tune from PTF. I had some questions. Is it necessary to pull my ECU and send it to them if I do not have a shop near me that unlocks the DME?

I'm hoping there is an easier way.

Second, I would love to hear about some positives and negatives of this tune if any?
It appears that they now have OBDII flashing, as indicated here: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1463381

I would shoot them an email. If that's the case, then I highly, recommend it. BM3 is flexible, easy to use, and gives you access to different tuners. They allow you to edit the tables for the tune within the platform, so you could take it to a dyno tuner and have them do it, assuming they knew how to use the program. Otherwise, you have several other tuners to choose from and each specializes in a platform. For example, myself and others have chosen Ricardo from Brazil to do our E40 tune, because he lives in a country that runs off E100. The one negative I would have for it, is that because it's an OTA(Over the Air) tune, it does take some time to get the tune right. It does require you flash, give logs, and possibly flash to stock if the tune isn't right. That's normal and something you have to work with, but you put it in the light that you don't have to drop the car off for hours at a time and can flash as you please.

Hopefully, that makes sense! Let me know if you have any other questions.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0