F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Drivetrain malfunction!!!!!

04-07-2015, 09:26 AM   #133
Burnt C6
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Melbourne Red 328i Sport

It happened to me the day after I got the Dinan Tune installed. I had hit a good size pot hole and it cam on. I thought that might have caused it. I got home turned it off and restarted it and the message was gone was gone. That was back in September it came back on last night right as I was pulling into the garage. It won't go off this time. It also came up with the Chassis Malfunction notification at the same time. Time to take it in and see what the hell is going on.
      04-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #134
435ivan
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw f32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAV8TT View Post
I was driving to work in Eco pro mode and once i entered the highway, i tried to catch up on speed so I moved the gear to DS from D position and all of a sudden the car jammed up, started shaking and a signal came up in the iDrive saying Drivetrain malfunction, drive moderately, and the car wouldn't allow me to exceed 50 mls/h. The car kept shaking till I took the next exit. It was very dangerous as I entered the highway with that speed and there was a bunch of cars going at least 75 mls/hr that had to leave the lane I'm on. Darn it. The engine light is on now. I parked the car and I'm at work now. WTF!!
I have a 435i that I just got in November. I haven't had a problem with it till a couple weeks ago that I have gotten a down pipe and the jb4 installed. That night I was doing some highway pulls and once I reached top of 6th that I shift to 7th I got the drivetrain malfunction. It pretty much just cut all power It wouldn't rev or accelerate it got down to 60mph and so I pulled over to the side turned off the engine and turned it back on and I was fine. But it has happened a few times already. I asked around and someone had told me that wen it gets too hot or reaches a certain temperature the call will pretty much put itself into a safe mode and it starts giving those malfunctions. I don't know what to do to prevent it from happening besides no more highway pulls. Has anyone found a solution?
Appreciate 0