F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > First Time House Buyer (need tips)
ARMA SPEED

04-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #67
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Fees don't have to be in the lease here, you get them from the loser if you acted in good faith. Cali sucks....
You're right.

It's due to a lot of people who live off of welfare and other government programs.

I don't mind helping those in need... but I honestly hate the way the programs are set up over here.
I'm a Republican so that probably is why... my vote never gets counted in CA
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #68
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
I had to revive this thread since i'm going to enter the house-buying market soon..so
- What's the best time of year to buy, does it matter?
- The housing market is still down, what's the prospects for the next year or so?
- Are loans still difficult to obtain? will the lending ease up soon or not?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #69
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
I had to revive this thread since i'm going to enter the house-buying market soon..so
- The housing market is still down, what's the prospects for the next year or so?
smoke weed
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #70
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Housing market is going to suck for years. Waiting for the bottom is like trying to catch a falling knife. You might get lucky and get the handle.

Loans are easy to get if you have a 720+ credit score and 20% down. If you meet that criteria, it's a GREAT market to buy in.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #71
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by express705 View Post
smoke weed
oh hai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinarello Rider View Post
Housing market is going to suck for years. Waiting for the bottom is like trying to catch a falling knife. You might get lucky and get the handle.

Loans are easy to get if you have a 720+ credit score and 20% down. If you meet that criteria, it's a GREAT market to buy in.
this is good news; i'm not an investor so im fine with a depressed housing market for a couple/few years...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #72
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Quote:

pretty much...

Great time to invest too if you can wait. Pick up a foreclosure here and there and it is difficult to lose with some of these crazy deals around now.
      01-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #73
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

We are not even close to the bottom. IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #74
TMNT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330ci ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
We are not even close to the bottom. IMHO.
Depends where you live....in the DC area, housing prices have been going back up.

But as they say, real estate is local and can differ greatly from city to city, state to state.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #75
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
Depends where you live....in the DC area, housing prices have been going back up.

But as they say, real estate is local and can differ greatly from city to city, state to state.
I speculate there's a little bump before taking another downturn all over.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #76
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Ok im a real estate agent and have been for many years.

1. Cash vs Financing doesn't matter, the seller gets a check when it closes either way.
2. Using a Realtor is free for a buyer, The seller pays the fee's.
3. The internet home value's are off, they can't take into a lot of affects that change the market.
4. If you choose to "lowball" you will loose a lot of homes, in (FL) we have multiple offers, same day, on every home we tell are clients to put offers in on, we have offers already signed that we just put the home info in for clients that are serious on.
5. The banks are "filtering" in foreclosures into the market, thats the only way they're not causing a HUGE market crash. They trickle homes in as more are sold.
6. Pricing is going up and down depending on your area. Ask for a CMA (comparable market analysis) of any home you'r interested in. Also ask them to see all the comps that have sold within the last 3 months that are inside a mile away.

Any questions feel free to PM me
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #77
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post

1. Cash vs Financing doesn't matter, the seller gets a check when it closes either way.
1: It does make a difference, because most of the time perspective buyers are NOT pre approved, and if they are it's contingent on what the house values for and a few other factors, and sometimes even the pre approved buyers don't end up getting financing for a particular house or in both cases financing final approval can drag out. Cash buyers don't have those issues.

2: Seller pays the buyers fees if that was what was negotiated, otherwise the buyer usually does pay their Realtor, unless they have a really nice Realtor who's not charging any and providing their time for free....

You sure you're a real estate agent?
      01-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #78
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:

Listen to this guy.

Quote:

3. The internet home value's are off, they can't take into a lot of affects that change the market.
4. If you choose to "lowball" you will loose a lot of homes, in (FL) we have multiple offers, same day, on every home we tell are clients to put offers in on, we have offers already signed that we just put the home info in for clients that are serious on.
5. The banks are "filtering" in foreclosures into the market, thats the only way they're not causing a HUGE market crash. They trickle homes in as more are sold.
6. Pricing is going up and down depending on your area. Ask for a CMA (comparable market analysis) of any home you'r interested in. Also ask them to see all the comps that have sold within the last 3 months that are inside a mile away.

I have learned that #2 is not always true, but you can negotiate.

I am currently involved in a short sale (I don't think my chances are good for getting it, but we are working on it). Short sales are a pain in the ass, if you want to buy one, get preapproved, and don't have a time line in mind, they can drag out for months.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #79
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
Listen to this guy.

I am currently involved in a short sale (I don't think my chances are good for getting it, but we are working on it). Short sales are a pain in the ass, if you want to buy one, get preapproved, and don't have a time line in mind, they can drag out for months.
In one as well... Never again!!

They are the biggest pains in the ass in the entire world and banks that deal with them are the scummiest institutions anywhere. I have cash in hand and it has already stretched out over 3 months bcuz the bank is making up bullshit excuses.
      01-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #80
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
1: It does make a difference, because most of the time perspective buyers are NOT pre approved, and if they are it's contingent on what the house values for and a few other factors, and sometimes even the pre approved buyers don't end up getting financing for a particular house or in both cases financing final approval can drag out. Cash buyers don't have those issues.

2: Seller pays the buyers fees if that was what was negotiated, otherwise the buyer usually does pay their Realtor, unless they have a really nice Realtor who's not charging any and providing their time for free....

You sure you're a real estate agent?
1. It doesn't, 99% of buyers are pre-approved (we don't show a buyer ANY home until they are). They're contingent on appraisals and inspections, but cash buyers should have the same contingencies in their offers.

2. Everything is negotiable. 99.99% of the time the seller pays the Buyer and seller agent fee's. Your statement is incorrect.

Last edited by E90SoFlo; 01-02-2012 at 11:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #81
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 535i + 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
1. Cash does have an advantage over financing, only because being pre-approved does not mean that financing is guaranteed, there are plenty of cases where a buyer has a piece of paper from the bank saying they are pre-approved for $xxxk but after the offer is accepted the bank doesn't feel so safe loaning them the money.

2. If a property is listed on the MLS then the seller IS paying the buyer's Realtor a commission. Part of the Realtor MLS listing rules, compensation must be offered.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #82
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Wait - did you just tell someone to pay attention to one of my posts?

Mark the date kids, an internet first...

Quote:
Listen to this guy.

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #83
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I pray you are right about #3. Everytime I look at Zillow I want to cry.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #84
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

Freaken short sales and bank owned properties are killing the housing market. It's great for buyers, but they continue to lower property values. If you have the money, it's crazy what you can get for your money if you can get financing. Of course this is relative to where you live. Searching for a home in southern california was a long tedious process for me because of the lack of inventory. But a place like LV, you can purchase 3 bedroom homes for the price of an M3 since they overbuilt. Great time to invest in LV for rental property.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #85
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
1. It doesn't, 99% of buyers are pre-approved (we don't show a buyer ANY home until they are). They're contingent on appraisals and inspections, but cash buyers should have the same contingencies in their offers.

2. Everything is negotiable. 99.99% of the time the seller pays the Buyer and seller agent fee's. Your statement is incorrect.
No, GETTING the financing is contingent on a lot of things. Even if you only deal with pre approved buyers, if you've never had one not get financing for a house under their budget you must not have sold that many houses.

Cash buyers do not have that issue, and it still takes time to finish pre approved financing and it CAN drag out, again, cash buyers don't have that problem.
      01-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #86
carogers86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Funny to see this thread revived. I'm laying in the master bedroom of the house I bought (5 bedroom w/ 4 roommates. I profit ~$450 a month and pay 20% utilities (~$80). Nice having no mortgage.

Renters are way cool. Took me 3 months and several posts on craigslist to find right tenant dynamic. I'm 25, but my roommates are early to mid 40s males. Only one of them is home regularly.

Reading back about how tenants could screw up the house and how it's a disaster is comical. I think landlords put themselves in that situation if they let just anyone into their property. These guys are great, one guy keeps doing my dishes and the other keeps taking out the trash.

Maybe I am just lucky?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #87
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by carogers86 View Post
Funny to see this thread revived. I'm laying in the master bedroom of the house I bought (5 bedroom w/ 4 roommates. I profit ~$450 a month and pay 20% utilities (~$80). Nice having no mortgage.

Renters are way cool. Took me 3 months and several posts on craigslist to find right tenant dynamic. I'm 25, but my roommates are early to mid 40s males. Only one of them is home regularly.

Reading back about how tenants could screw up the house and how it's a disaster is comical. I think landlords put themselves in that situation if they let just anyone into their property. These guys are great, one guy keeps doing my dishes and the other keeps taking out the trash.

Maybe I am just lucky?
Congrats on putting yourslef in a great situation, just remember it is finite, you won't want roomies forever. With positive cash flow, you can just rent out your room and buy another place when you are sick of living with a bunch of dudes, or when a woman gets involved.

I had a good experience when a buddy of mine rented a room from me, its all about who your renters are.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #88
carogers86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

That's the plan. Planning on moving out a year from now to buy another place. Going to do this gig until I'm 30-32. Hopefully get married and have enough for my own place w/ out roommates.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carogers86 View Post

Maybe I am just lucky?
Congrats on putting yourslef in a great situation, just remember it is finite, you won't want roomies forever. With positive cash flow, you can just rent out your room and buy another place when you are sick of living with a bunch of dudes, or when a woman gets involved.

I had a good experience when a buddy of mine rented a room from me, its all about who your renters are.
Appreciate 0