F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Total Loss gap insurance
Studio RSR

10-04-2017, 05:32 AM   #1
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Total Loss gap insurance

So following on from an earlier thread of mine and a lot of helpful comments from other forum members (thank you!), I've got a price of just under £200 for 4 years Replacement Gap from 'totalloss' (they're price matching against the best offer I have).
So who of you are with 'totalloss'? How do you rate them and has anyone needed to use them for a payout?

I'd appreciate any comments from anyone?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 06:11 AM   #2
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
So following on from an earlier thread of mine and a lot of helpful comments from other forum members (thank you!), I've got a price of just under £200 for 4 years Replacement Gap from 'totalloss' (they're price matching against the best offer I have).
So who of you are with 'totalloss'? How do you rate them and has anyone needed to use them for a payout?

I'd appreciate any comments from anyone?
They're a broker. Like any other. They take a premium, and a commission fee.

Most people seem to use ALA or Frank Pickles.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 07:09 AM   #3
stu14t
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 330i MSport Pro

I'm with TotalLoss gap. They are the same a GAP123 and Shortfall. All part of the same brokers. I've been with them for 5 years now with three F30's. They did have an issue last year when one of the underwriters went bust (Enterprise Insurance Company Plc) but that was all hoovered up by the FCA and cover was kept in place. This was not their fault, a number of insurance brokers would have been in the same boat with this underwriter.

I've always found them to have good customer service and be very helpful, even when it went south last year.

My cover is Combined Return to Invoice & Vehicle Replacement, on a four year policy and just a tad over the £200 you quote.
Gone - 2012 F30 320 ED
Gone - 2011 E87 118d

Last edited by stu14t; 10-04-2017 at 07:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 07:20 AM   #4
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu14t View Post
I'm with TotalLoss gap. They are the same a GAP123 and Shortfall. All part of the same brokers. I've been with them for 5 years now with thee F30's. They did have an issue last year when one of the underwriters went bust (Enterprise Insurance Company Plc) but that was all hoovered up by the FCA and cover was kept in place. This was not their fault, a number of insurance brokers would have been in the same boat with this underwriter.

I've always found them to have good customer service and be very helpful, even when it went south last year.

My cover is Combined Return to Invoice & Vehicle Replacement on a four year policy and just a tad over the £200 you quote.
Thanks for that stu14t; I know the cover is provided by Kudos Insurance who are pretty strong financially, I hope I don't ever need to use it but you never know.
This is the first time I've ever used a PCP mainly to get the product support from BMW which made the price too tempting to miss.
I've never bothered with GAP insurance in the past but reckoned I ought to put it on this one due to it being on a PCP!
Appreciate 1
stu14t450.50