F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Just Ordered a 435 xDrive! Performance Center Delivery Questions
Studio RSR

01-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Just Ordered a 435 xDrive! Performance Center Delivery Questions

Mineral Grey
Coral Red
Cold Weather
Driver Ass. Plus
DHP
Lighting Pack.
M Sport
19s
Tech
M Sport Brakes
HK
BMW Apps
Sunshade
M Sport Power Kit

Now the long wait comes. I promised my father I would take him to the Performance Center next time I ordered a car. I should be picking it up in SC sometime in March after the build. Does anyone have any suggestions about about the PC delivery? Things I should check out or do there?

I am also going to miss my E92. It was a great car, and is still in almost perfect condition after 5 years and 111,000 miles. To all the haters out there that said the N54 or turbo engines wouldn't last; I have the proof they do. It purrs like a kitten, and uses no oil at all. I drive a lot for work, so it was time for a new ride, and something with a warranty just in case.

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 10:25 PM   #2
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

They'll have some info on things to do on your way home, but it somewhat depends on how much time you allot on your return trip. The Blue Ridge Parkway is really pretty, but the speed limit is low, and in March, you might run into issues, but probably not with the weather. It's a nice ride, but they beg for faster driving, and you are at risk from the park cops.

The hotel is decent, but nothing to write home about. The restaurant is also decent. Breakfast was at the Performance Center, if I remember properly, along with lunch. You'll be out of there early-mid afternoon, but in March, the sun still will set moderately early.

It's a fun experience. I just flew in the night before, and drove to my brother-in-law's house in VA right after (I met him there, he rode home with me). Since I'd done ED, I didn't need to spend time you will, getting my new car introduction...I'd done that in Munich, so you'll be out of there later after lunch than I.

Since my BIL had taken a vacation day, I didn't do much other than the 500-mile or so trip back to his house. FWIW, I did that on ONE tank of fuel, but it was into the reserve. Mostly interstate, and I was trying to abide by the new car restrictions ( I kept it below 100mph in Germany, too!?).

Enjoy...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh
They'll have some info on things to do on your way home, but it somewhat depends on how much time you allot on your return trip. The Blue Ridge Parkway is really pretty, but the speed limit is low, and in March, you might run into issues, but probably not with the weather. It's a nice ride, but they beg for faster driving, and you are at risk from the park cops.

The hotel is decent, but nothing to write home about. The restaurant is also decent. Breakfast was at the Performance Center, if I remember properly, along with lunch. You'll be out of there early-mid afternoon, but in March, the sun still will set moderately early.

It's a fun experience. I just flew in the night before, and drove to my brother-in-law's house in VA right after (I met him there, he rode home with me). Since I'd done ED, I didn't need to spend time you will, getting my new car introduction...I'd done that in Munich, so you'll be out of there later after lunch than I.

Since my BIL had taken a vacation day, I didn't do much other than the 500-mile or so trip back to his house. FWIW, I did that on ONE tank of fuel, but it was into the reserve. Mostly interstate, and I was trying to abide by the new car restrictions ( I kept it below 100mph in Germany, too!?).

Enjoy...
Thank you! Sounds fun!

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 05:56 AM   #4
DTRJ
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X4 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaron79 View Post
Mineral Grey
Coral Red
Cold Weather
Driver Ass. Plus
DHP
Lighting Pack.
M Sport
19s
Tech
M Sport Brakes
HK
BMW Apps
Sunshade
M Sport Power Kit

Now the long wait comes. I promised my father I would take him to the Performance Center next time I ordered a car. I should be picking it up in SC sometime in March after the build. Does anyone have any suggestions about about the PC delivery? Things I should check out or do there?

I am also going to miss my E92. It was a great car, and is still in almost perfect condition after 5 years and 111,000 miles. To all the haters out there that said the N54 or turbo engines wouldn't last; I have the proof they do. It purrs like a kitten, and uses no oil at all. I drive a lot for work, so it was time for a new ride, and something with a warranty just in case.
I am also awaiting my 435xi. On your list of options, I don't think you can get Driver ass Plus, without Driver Ass. Check it out
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 06:50 AM   #5
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTRJ
Quote:
Mineral Grey
Coral Red
Cold Weather
Driver Ass. Plus
DHP
Lighting Pack.
M Sport
19s
Tech
M Sport Brakes
HK
BMW Apps
Sunshade
M Sport Power Kit

I am also awaiting my 435xi. On your list of options, I don't think you can get Driver ass Plus, without Driver Ass. Check it out
I got driver assist. For sake of time I just put the plus down.

Question actually: The asst. plus has the heads up display right?

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #6
DTRJ
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X4 M40I

Quote:
I got driver assist. For sake of time I just put the plus down.

Question actually: The asst. plus has the heads up display right?
The heads up display is part of the tech package. The only difference between the Nav and Tech is the HUD
Appreciate 0