F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Weird navigation thing....
Extreme Powerhouse

04-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
Fenster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi

Weird navigation thing....

I've learned not to expect too much from the nav, but this really has me puzzled:

When driving to my house, the final turn is a right onto a short cul-de-sac then about 100 yards straight into my driveway. If I set my home as destination the instructions are always correct right up to the house.

Now here's the weird thing.... If my house is the last destination in a saved trip, then the system will always tell me to turn left instead of right at the end. In testing, this is true even if my home is the only destination in the saved trip.

As to why this matters, well, it doesn't. I know where I live. But BMW and I have a very different idea of how I should get from work to home (there should be another routing option: Fun!), and I want to know the traffic on my real route.

So I select my saved work-home route and always chuckle when it tells me to turn left instead of right at the end. I can even stop a little short of the last turn and press my preset Home button and watch the next turn in the HUD change from left to right.

Anybody else seen this?