F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Super Cheat Sheet - PDF Attached! [Updated July 1st, 2015]
Studio RSR

09-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #67
shoptb
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G01 X3 m40i

This is GREAT work; thanks so much for putting this together! This is much better than my previous excel workbook with colors and indecipherable notes all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer View Post
LATEST UPDATE:
Updated to v1.4 (9/03/2014 1:00PM PST): (Download attached below, or click here)
  • Added Section: 'INEFFECTIVE OR UNAVAILABLE CODES'
  • Added Code: 'VOL_MAX_ON' - Retain volume setting up to 100% at vehicle startup
  • Added Code: 'MEMORY_UMLUFT' - Remember Air Re-Circulation Setting from previous shutdown.
  • Changed Description: BMW Logo - '(Not working on updated cars.)'
  • Fixed: Launch Control code - Added both Function Names to Code
  • Fixed: Description in 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features' section. (Explained how ASP_MAX_GESCHWINDIGKEIT_BEIKLAPPEN and ASP_GESCHWINDIGKEIT_AUTO_AUSKLAPPEN are dependent on each other.
  • Moved to Testing Codes: NAVI_AUTOZOOM - Users appear to find this unable to be selected.
  • Moved to Testing Codes: HINTERGRUND_FARBE_NACHT & HINTERGRUND_FARBE_TAG - Users unable to find these codes.
  • Moved to Unavailable Codes: FLA_AUTO_AKTIV
  • Moved to Unavailable Codes: HUD_TLC_ENABLE
  • Moved to Ineffective Codes: HVAC_POPUP codes
  • Moved to Ineffective Codes: ASD_CONFIGURATION
  • Moved to Ineffective Codes: BC_MOTORTEMP_ENABLE
  • Verified Code: ROAD_EDGE_WARNING_ENABLED -> Moved to 'Safety Features & Precautions'
**Any codes added or changed will have the function and description bolded in the cheat sheet.
**If you decide to test codes in the 'TO BE TESTED' section, please let me know your results!

Previous Versions:
v1.3 (8/17/2014 2:45PM PST):
  • Added Code: Another line of code for Auto Headlamp Sensitivity
  • Added Code: Disable Active Sound Design
  • Added Code: Changes Navigation Voice from English to British English
  • Added Code: Remove Speed Require to Watch videos on HU_NBT
  • Added Code: Removes speed requirement to read service messages on HU_NBT
  • Added Code: Removes speed requirement to read office messages on HU_NBT
  • Added Test Codes: Active Sound Design Configuration Menu
  • Added Test Codes: Active Sound Design Configuration Menu
  • Added Test Codes: Enable Speech Input for E-Mail reply or SMS reply
  • Added Test Codes: Enable Time-Stamp Display for Call Logs
v1.2 (8/17/2014 1:20PM PST):
  • Added Section: 'Heads-Up Display'
  • Added Section: 'TO BE TESTED'
  • Added Code: Threshold Speed for Activating Emergency Brake Light
  • Added Code: Reverse Gear Gong Chime Code
  • Added Code: Maximum speed the mirrors are allowed to fold
  • Added Code: Time before it auto-locks the car when no doors have been opened
  • Added Code: Number of turn signal flashes when unlocking/locking.
  • Added Code: Ringtone Type (All BMW ringtones)
  • Added 4 more codes for Headlamp washers
  • Separated Active High Beam Assistant and Variable Light Distribution in FA Codes
  • Added Test Codes: Delays between opening/closing Front, Rear, and Sunroof Windows during Comfort Opening/Closing
  • Added Test Codes: Auto High Beam Automatically On as Default (Pretty sure it won't work on F30.)
  • Added Test Codes: Toggle PDC between vertical and horizontal
  • Added Test Codes: Codes to show Climate Control on iDrive Display
  • Added Test Codes: Make Lane Departure recognize grass/curbs and light up lanes only when detected.
  • Added Test Codes: Change Steering Wheel Vibration Intensity
  • Added Test Codes: Show Engine Temperature
  • Added Test Codes: Show Lane Change and ACC Distance in Heads Up Display
v1.1 (8/6/2014 8:00PM PST):
  • Removed a duplicated Lighting Section.
  • Added LED Turn Signal Coding
  • Fixed Table of Contents and Links

Original Post:
So a while ago, I decided to make my own cheat sheet. I have kept it to myself for a while but then I shared it with a few people on the BMW forums and got really good feedback and suggestions to share it with everyone.

This is basically a compilation of all the codes I could find on forums, external sites, PMs, and other cheat sheet. I wanted to make it because I was sick of how tiny the writing was on spreadsheets and how lose and all over the place codes were. So I made it how I thought it would look the best! (In my opinion of course.) I revised it to make it coherent with everyone. So download it below

If people here end up liking it, I can continue updating it and posting it to the forums with a change log. I want to continue to add codes or missing information, so feel free to notify me if I'm missing anything.

Anyways, check it out and lemme know what you guys think!

Here's a screenshot of the Table of Contents for reference... They are clickable links in the PDF.
      09-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #68
Halsifer
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_slow View Post
I just toggled the following on NBT_H:

HU_NBT/3000/AUTO_MAP_ZOOM
HU_NBT/3000/NAVI_AUTOZOOM

Cant find any menu options for autozoom nor will it automatically zoom during route guidance.

I did notice that once guidance has started, the nav will zoom out to show the route preview and then zoom back in to current location. I think this is part of new NBT software rather than those two options.

EDIT: Nevermind, I *think* autozoom is working now. The functionality only shows up on the Navigation split screen.
If it's not selectable, it's not working. I've enabled both those and it still does not work... Unfortunately, I think this is one feature going in the 'Not Working' section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB_123_99 View Post
Thank you for this great compilation of all the codes, Halsifer.

This is a great document so if you end up finding new coding possibilities, I hope you will keep on updating the cheatsheet!

I managed to code everything I wanted except BMW Live. I read on another post that perhaps it's not as simple as just activating
Thanks, I will absolutely keep updating it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoptb View Post
This is GREAT work; thanks so much for putting this together! This is much better than my previous excel workbook with colors and indecipherable notes all over the place.
Thanks, glad to hear you found it useful!
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 01:00 AM   #69
ktula
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31

Garage List
This allows fog lights be turned on when the light switch is in the parking lights position. Tested on my 2014 F31.

FEM_BODY /3060/NSW_EIN_AUF_LDS_STL (change nicht_aktiv to aktiv).
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #70
efwkm
Rep
Drives: BMW f30

thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #71
beppeM3+123d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 dct + 123d e81

Any one has tried a new features called variable light distribution about Xenon light?

parameter in fem body:
3073 C_AFS_ENA moved to: F020enable (default in my car is : F020inaKtiv, in F020disable, F030inaktiv, F030disable) together with
3073 LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y Hex std 9C, 9C, B0 moved to 9C, 9C, 9C

should make this feature:
The light beam is adapted according to the vehicle's speed. When driving in the city, a low beam is used to better illuminate the road immediately ahead without dazzling oncoming drivers. And when driving at higher speeds, the Xenon headlights are raised to increase visibility.

waiting for any expert coder suggestion
thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 01:12 AM   #72
Halsifer
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppeM3+123d View Post
Any one has tried a new features called variable light distribution about Xenon light?

parameter in fem body:
3073 C_AFS_ENA moved to: F020enable (default in my car is : F020inaKtiv, in F020disable, F030inaktiv, F030disable) together with
3073 LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y Hex std 9C, 9C, B0 moved to 9C, 9C, 9C

should make this feature:
The light beam is adapted according to the vehicle's speed. When driving in the city, a low beam is used to better illuminate the road immediately ahead without dazzling oncoming drivers. And when driving at higher speeds, the Xenon headlights are raised to increase visibility.

waiting for any expert coder suggestion
thanks
That's the second thing listed on the cheat sheet. Remove 8S4 from FA and VO code FEM_BODY and FLA/KAFAS2. It's been verified and it is working on F30's equipped with adaptive xenons or LEDs.
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 01:17 AM   #73
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

i don't think you need to code FLA or KAFAS2 for VLD as it doesn't use any cameras...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 01:20 AM   #74
Halsifer
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
i don't think you need to code FLA or KAFAS2 for VLD as it doesn't use any cameras...
Oops, I meant just FEM_BODY. You're right. I just got used to doing both Variable Light Distribution in conjunction with Glare-Free High Beams and then coding both FEM_BODY and FLA/KAFAS2. I'll change that in the next update.
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 01:25 AM   #75
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 05:08 AM   #76
beppeM3+123d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 dct + 123d e81

Quote:
That's the second thing listed on the cheat sheet. Remove 8S4 from FA and VO code FEM_BODY and FLA/KAFAS2. It's been verified and it is working on F30's equipped with adaptive xenons or LEDs.
The lamps of the xenons should move vertical to make this feature are u sure that adaptive xenon is necessary and not only normal xenon lights?
Does Adaptive xenon have an additional lamp in comparison to normal xenon?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #77
Halsifer
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppeM3+123d View Post
The lamps of the xenons should move vertical to make this feature are u sure that adaptive xenon is necessary and not only normal xenon lights?
Does Adaptive xenon have an additional lamp in comparison to normal xenon?
Adaptive Xenon does not have an additional lamp in comparison to the normal xenon. For Variable Light Distribution, the Adaptive Xenon Headlamps or Adaptive LED Headlamps are needed since Variable Light Distribution uses both vertical and horizontal light distribution.

I'm personally not to familiar with non-adaptive xenons because they do not offer that here in the US. Basically though, if you currently do not have Variable Light Distribution and you have 8S4 listed in your FA, you have the ability to code in Variable Light Distribution. If it's not listed and it's not currently functioning, then you most likely cannot code it.
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #78
cjallstar
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 X3 M40i

guys,
had my car coded today and yesterday. a few things:
-couldn't get the M performance logo to display in the cluster, when you put in M_performance it comes up as 550d on the display as others have said.
-was able to code the junction function on the HUD, its awesome. Car is 2/14 build 335xi
-successfully coded the M_VEHICLE function (changes gauges from amber to silver and red) however i noticed no change on the gauges. Has anyone done this and can take a pic and comment on what this looks like?

was able to fish around in HUD modules and accomplished the picture below. HOWEVER, these checked boxes were not actually reflected on the HUD
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 03:16 AM   #79
MyFastM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

There are a lot of features I am seeing in the coding on the newer firmware that don't do "anything" when coded. I think this is coding that is appearing and getting ready for the Face Lift LCI F30 etc next year to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 01:13 PM   #80
Ganxxta
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F32 4er Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallstar View Post
-successfully coded the M_VEHICLE function (changes gauges from amber to silver and red) however i noticed no change on the gauges. Has anyone done this and can take a pic and comment on what this looks like?
Thats only for the "sports view" where you can see your currently applied power and torque.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #81
Halsifer
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganxxta View Post
Thats only for the "sports view" where you can see your currently applied power and torque.
+1

Sports Displays can be located in Vehicle Info in iDrive if you have Navigation. Originally, they should be greyish/orange, and enabling this makes them silver/red.
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #82
botho
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 330d xDrive Luxury

Auto Start Stop delay

Hi,

Anybody could tell me what coding parameter can adjust the delay before ASS will stop the car.
Indeed, often the car stops within 1 or 2 seconds and then the engine stops and restarts immediately. No so good for the engine and rather unpleasant

Best regards

Last edited by botho; 10-19-2014 at 05:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #83
botho
Private
France
Rep

Hi,

Another question for experts
I wish decrease the speed for Active Blind Spot Detection activation.

Anybody can tell me what code to di that tweak ?

Thanks in advance
Best regards

EDIT : thanks shawnsheridan post on another forum, i found it !
ICMQL => 3000 => C_ZSW_Aktivierunggeschwindigkeit_Funktion_low : default value 20 km but can set 10 km :-)

Edit2 : this is working but active blind detection goes to off with fault in module.. Reverted back

Last edited by botho; 10-05-2014 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #84
Halsifer
Captain
Germany
Rep

Updated to v1.5 (10/18/2014 5:00PM PST): (Download in the original post as an attachment)
  • Added Section: 'Seat Heating Temperature Levels'
  • Added Code: (REM) 'FH_TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT' - Allows the rear windows to be rolled up while the door is opened.
  • Added Code: 'NSW_EIN_AUF_LDS_STL' - Allows Fog Lights to turn on while only parking lights are on.
  • Changed Code: 'OFF_MEMORY' -> 'MEMORY_OFF'
  • Changed Code: 'LCMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG' -> 'ICMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG'
  • Fixed: 'C_CLC_ENA' - Value and Default Value.
  • Fixed: 'JUNCTION_VIEW_HUD' - Now working. (Sometimes images/writing are messed up though.)
  • Fixed: Description in 'FRA_H_R_IS_LED/FRA_H_L_IS_LED' - May cause check engine light.
  • Fixed: Description in 'Variable Light Distribution' - No need to code FLA/KAFAS2.
  • Fixed: Description in 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features' section. (Explained how some cars with MEMORY_OFF enabled may always have the A/C defaulted to Off at each startup.)
If anyone decides to test out the codes in the 'TO BE TESTED' section, and finds out if it works or not, please let me know! :thumbup:
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 05:05 AM   #85
botho
Private
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by botho View Post
Hi,

Anybody could tell me what coding parameter can adjust the delay before ASS will stop the car.
Indeed, often the car stops within 1 or 2 seconds and then the engine stops and restarts immediately. No so good for the engine and rather unpleasant

Best regards

Nobody ? Halsifer, any idea ?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #86
Halsifer
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by botho View Post
Nobody ? Halsifer, any idea ?
Never heard of modifying. Maybe someone else might know?

It's also not bad for the engine, even though it may seem like it. These cars were designed with this feature to have the engine start and stop constantly at stop lights, street signs, and traffic, even if it's for a couple seconds. They wouldn't produce thousands of cars that may cause pre-mature engine wear from a provided vehicle feature. Most people that find it unpleasant just turn off A.S.S.
2003 BMW e46 325i [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #87
botho
Private
France
Rep

Quote:
Never heard of modifying. Maybe someone else might know?

It's also not bad for the engine, even though it may seem like it. These cars were designed with this feature to have the engine start and stop constantly at stop lights, street signs, and traffic, even if it's for a couple seconds. They wouldn't produce thousands of cars that may cause pre-mature engine wear from a provided vehicle feature. Most people that find it unpleasant just turn off A.S.S.
Thanks for your reply.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #88
mbfanos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i G20

For my car, to watch videos from USB, I had to add this code, otherwise it won't work
ENT_MC_VIDEO_SUPPORT ->Change to Aktiv
Appreciate 0