F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Steering rack code module
ARMA SPEED

06-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
Joshd63
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2015 F32 430d

Steering rack code module

My car needs a new steering rack and it'll be installed by the dealer in August. However I am booked in for a remap on Friday, so I'm just wondering is there any chance that the dealer may overwrite remap when they code the rack?

I'm assuming the dealer shouldn't be touching the engine module when they code the rack. Is my understanding correct?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshd63 View Post
My car needs a new steering rack and it'll be installed by the dealer in August. However I am booked in for a remap on Friday, so I'm just wondering is there any chance that the dealer may overwrite remap when they code the rack?

I'm assuming the dealer shouldn't be touching the engine module when they code the rack. Is my understanding correct?
You should have posted this in the coding forum. There are some knowledgeable people there.

Did you end up doing this? Seems like it would have made sense to just wait.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 05:35 PM   #3
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

I just had my rack replaced and firmware upgraded so it will work with the car. The only thing this affected was all the coding I had done to my car.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 02:50 AM   #4
Joshd63
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2015 F32 430d

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshd63 View Post

You should have posted this in the coding forum. There are some knowledgeable people there.

Did you end up doing this? Seems like it would have made sense to just wait.
I did end up getting done but the place who tuned it were good enough to say they would put the map back on free of charge as I told them up front
Appreciate 0