F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Question about Dynamic Handling Package
ARMA SPEED

11-10-2012, 02:39 AM   #1
woderd
Private
Rep
Drives: boat

Question about Dynamic Handling Package

Do Sport lines without the DHP still have the sport+ option?

If I test drove 2 335 xi sport lines back to back one with DHP and one without. Are there any interior options that specify the car is equip with the DHP package?

This is just something I am curious about.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 02:51 AM   #2
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by woderd
Do Sport lines without the DHP still have the sport+ option?

If I test drove 2 335 xi sport lines back to back one with DHP and one without. Are there any interior options that specify the car is equip with the DHP package?

This is just something I am curious about.
No interior changes. It gives an option to change damping in idrive. And yes sport without dhp still has sport+
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #3
woderd
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntBabeee View Post
No interior changes. It gives an option to change damping in idrive. And yes sport without dhp still has sport+
That is what I am looking for "It gives an option to change damping in idrive."

Funny story, I ordered a 335 without DHP then I had the dealer order me another car with DHP after I found out that xdrives do not come with a true sport suspension.

So I just want to make sure the dealer does not try to give me the car without the DHP

As you can see I have a hard time trusting people lol
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
Hayir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i modern line

Quote:
Originally Posted by woderd View Post

Funny story, I ordered a 335 without DHP then I had the dealer order me another car with DHP after I found out that xdrives do not come with a true sport suspension.

So I just want to make sure the dealer does not try to give me the car without the DHP

You can`t understand if the car has DHP by looking at the idrive menus. The menu is the same menu.

Get the Vin and decode it at bmwvin.com. Check the window sticker before you get the car.
I think these should be safe enough.

If you are not satisfied go under the car and check it. There was a picture showing the cables going into dampers for DHP.
      11-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
You can`t understand if the car has DHP by looking at the idrive menus. The menu is the same menu.

Get the Vin and decode it at bmwvin.com. Check the window sticker before you get the car.
I think these should be safe enough.

If you are not satisfied go under the car and check it. There was a picture showing the cables going into dampers for DHP.
Cables go in from top of strut towers so un-missable.....just open the bonnet (or hood depending on where you live)
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
woderd
Private
Rep

Okay thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:

While it's debatable if you can trust anyone, it's clear that you should never trust a car dealership. Their business practices are repulsive, they thrive on manipulation and, with rare exceptions, the people you see know very little about cars. (The techs working on the cars are usually knowledgeable, but you rarely get to interact with them.)

Be sure you get a printed Vehicle Inquiry Report for your car, ideally while it's in status 112. Then, do the research online to identify every code on the VIR to make absolutely sure your are getting what you ordered. Forget any excuses the dealer gives you about combinations being "unavailable" that BMW says in the brochure are available. That means the dealer either can't figure out how to configure what you want or they won't bother to try.

Get another VIR when the car goes into production (status 150). And, to make absolutely certain your car is what you wanted, once you get your VIN, go here to check it one more time: http://community.evo.co.uk/forums/th...threadID=85838
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
woderd
Private
Rep

okay thanks, but the sure way to tell in person is to pop the hood and see if there are wires coming from the top of the struts correct?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
DMonE621
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Question: I am coming from an Acura TL 06 and just ordered a 335xi without DHP. I drove my bro's BMW E90 which was an 335i, and it is the reason I am moving to BMW. I test drove an F30 but it wasn't an Xi, so are you saying my car will ride differently that an 335i?

Im supposed to take delivery on my car in two weeks (so excited), but if the ride is different I might tell them to order my another F30 with DHP.

Curious to know if anyone has an experience driving both an F30 i and xi, and what there thoughts are?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMonE621 View Post
Question: I am coming from an Acura TL 06 and just ordered a 335xi without DHP. I drove my bro's BMW E90 which was an 335i, and it is the reason I am moving to BMW. I test drove an F30 but it wasn't an Xi, so are you saying my car will ride differently that an 335i?

Im supposed to take delivery on my car in two weeks (so excited), but if the ride is different I might tell them to order my another F30 with DHP.

Curious to know if anyone has an experience driving both an F30 i and xi, and what there thoughts are?
I have an MY12 F30 N55 ZSL. In that short model year, one could buy 2VL without also buying 2VF (in MY13 these two options are only available in the bundled ZDH).

IMHO, 2VL doesn't add much. If you are turning quickly and whip the wheel past about 90 degrees, you might notice the most subtle possible quickening of the turn-in. Subtle to the point of not being there, but it was only $300 extra in MY12.

ZSL includes 704 ("M-sport suspension"). I didn't order 2VF because I was worried that with the summer tires that are included in ZSL the ride would be bone-jarring as it was on my 2006 E90 330i WITHOUT the sports package.

But I have been blown away by the comfort AND handling of 704 -- so there's not a day I have missed 2VF.

Your problem is that you can't pick one of the two handling options in MY13. It's both or neither. If it were me, knowing what I know now, I'd have ordered a RWD F30 without ZDH.

IOW, an F30 with ZSL or ZMM and the included 704 suspension is, IMHO, an absolutely perfect balance between handling capabilities and daily driving. And I doubt you'd even know you had 2VF.

Now, to the question of xDrive vs. RWD. There are many threads on this. Purists (me included) say if you get an F30 with xDrive, you are inevitably going to compromise handling. I live in Boston and am lucky enough to have a winter beater for the (maybe 10) days a year driving a RWD F30 would be insane.

xDrive boosters claim not to be bothered by the penalties in handling, weight, complexity, mileage and cost.

What's not up for debate is the way BMW configures xDrive F30s. It's telling. If you order xDrive, you can specify summer tires but then BMW deletes 840. You can have AWD and all-season tires, but the car isn't the same. If you want summer tires and AWD, you can have this "bastardized" version, but it makes very little sense.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
woderd
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMonE621 View Post

Even though you jacked my thread, I can give you the answer you are looking for.

First the F30 335 you test drove, was it the sport model? If it was not, and you liked the ride then you should not have a problem without the DHP package on your car.

If it was a sport package then it means it had the sport suspension, your 335 xi will have a softer ride.

f30 335 xi sport models do NOT come with a sport suspension (this sounds stupid but its true) I went through the same thing and had my dealer re order the car with DHP

The only way the suspension actually changes for the driver with the comfort/sport modes is if they have the DHP package.

Now I am betting that your going to have your dealer re order the car, which sucks because now you have to wait all over again.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
DMonE621
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Even though you jacked my thread, I can give you the answer you are looking for.

First the F30 335 you test drove, was it the sport model? If it was not, and you liked the ride then you should not have a problem without the DHP package on your car.

If it was a sport package then it means it had the sport suspension, your 335 xi will have a softer ride.

f30 335 xi sport models do NOT come with a sport suspension (this sounds stupid but its true) I went through the same thing and had my dealer re order the car with DHP

The only way the suspension actually changes for the driver with the comfort/sport modes is if they have the DHP package.

Now I am betting that your going to have your dealer re order the car, which sucks because now you have to wait all over again.

Sorry for the high jack! I appreciate the insight, and the car I test drove was a F30 RWD, so that means my ride on my xi will be softer, which SUCKS!

I will test drive the ordered xi, and report how the ride compares. I have a feeling I will be reordering!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #13
woderd
Private
Rep

No but what class was the F30 you test drove? Modern/Sport/Luxury ?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #14
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I am not sure about MY13 but in MY12 we had to have at least one of these options to get Sports + : Adaptive M suspension, Variable Sport Steering or Sports AT.
Appreciate 0