F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Seat covers that don't ruin the look?
GetBMWParts

05-07-2017, 11:58 PM   #1
ablock
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 340GT xDrive

Question Seat covers that don't ruin the look?

We just bought our second 3GT, a 2017 340xi in Mineral Gray with M Sport. Our previous one was a nearly identical white 335xi. That car had a black interior but this time my wife insisted we go with oyster. I was wary as I figured it would show tons of dirt, but what the wife wants, she gets.

But it turned out I was right. My wife competes in horse jumping and rides multiple times a week. The car is only 6 weeks old and I can already see dirt in the grain of the driver seat leather.

On my old 2008 535 I had a BMW-branded black fabric seat cover that fit the sport seat pretty neatly. Unfortunately it seems that BMW no longer offers their own seat covers so I'm looking for a thirds party option. I'd like to find something that is cloth, custom-fitted to the 3-series sport seat, and that can (ideally) be easily removed for laundering. A 2-piece cover that protects the seat and the backrest separately would be nice as well.

Searching the web is frustrating as the generic seat cover sellers SEO everything such that finding a cover that is truly custom for the 3 series is difficult. I'd appreciate any suggestions from you all.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 02:06 AM   #2
Skald
Private
Hungary
Rep
Drives: '16 F34 320d luxury

That's not an easy task... I would surely choose a custom made, permanently installed solution for this dilemma. Since you prefer removable options, have you checked: https://www.coverking.com/seat-cover...rive-base.html ? I guess that they are in your area. It seems that they have plenty non leather materials - just let them know that you have sport seats not the standard ones.

Last edited by Skald; 05-08-2017 at 02:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 07:14 AM   #3
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablock View Post
what the wife wants, she gets.
IMO what she should get next is a pair of these to wear when she returns from riding:

Appreciate 2
Skald55.00
ablock1.00
      05-10-2017, 11:27 PM   #4
ablock
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 340GT xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skald View Post
Since you prefer removable options, have you checked: https://www.coverking.com/seat-cover...rive-base.html ? I guess that they are in your area. It seems that they have plenty non leather materials - just let them know that you have sport seats not the standard ones.
Those actually look pretty cool. But they say they don't have the measurements for the 340 GT seat. I wonder if the 335 GT base cover will fit the 340 Sport? I guess if the return policy is good I can just order and see. The nearest dealer is in SoCal and I'm in Marin.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 03:17 AM   #5
Skald
Private
Hungary
Rep
Drives: '16 F34 320d luxury

Quote:
Those actually look pretty cool. But they say they don't have the measurements for the 340 GT seat. I wonder if the 335 GT base cover will fit the 340 Sport? I guess if the return policy is good I can just order and see. The nearest dealer is in SoCal and I'm in Marin.

Thanks!
You're welcome I hope it will work fine, although they should have the 3 gt
front sport seat measurements since it's the same as the sedan and the touring. Keep me updated please!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 11:37 AM   #6
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Quote:
We just bought our second 3GT, a 2017 340xi in Mineral Gray with M Sport. Our previous one was a nearly identical white 335xi. That car had a black interior but this time my wife insisted we go with oyster. I was wary as I figured it would show tons of dirt, but what the wife wants, she gets.

But it turned out I was right. My wife competes in horse jumping and rides multiple times a week. The car is only 6 weeks old and I can already see dirt in the grain of the driver seat leather.

On my old 2008 535 I had a BMW-branded black fabric seat cover that fit the sport seat pretty neatly. Unfortunately it seems that BMW no longer offers their own seat covers so I'm looking for a thirds party option. I'd like to find something that is cloth, custom-fitted to the 3-series sport seat, and that can (ideally) be easily removed for laundering. A 2-piece cover that protects the seat and the backrest separately would be nice as well.

Searching the web is frustrating as the generic seat cover sellers SEO everything such that finding a cover that is truly custom for the 3 series is difficult. I'd appreciate any suggestions from you all.

Thanks!
I run towels on my white leather, this only protects the lower portion and not the back but I have found it really decreases the wear and tear and (since I wear jeans alot) prevents them from turning blue.
Appreciate 0