F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
GetBMWParts

01-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #1849
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Clarence/AWHK

Just wanted to continue our discussion with Asian language enabling:

Just saw this in CIC code today:

LANGUAGE_UPDATE
Kommentar=Kern Britta, EI-40
steuert, ob neue Sprachen nachträglich hinzugefügt werden können
nicht_aktiv

Google translate:
controls whether new languages ​​can be added later

not sure if this might work, but even if we do enable this, at best it prep the system to receive font, we still need to find how to import the asian font in?
Can u test it? It's really unbelieveable that ur cars don't support Asian fonts as a) u're in SE Asia, b) the majority of ur population is ethnically Chinese & c) Chinese is one of ur official languages.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #1850
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
S5ALA Active Protection (aka Dynamic Safety)

What exactly is this that it needs Bluetooth Data Transfer?
Sorry 6AL.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #1851
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My guess, and it is only a guess, is that somehow that tinted strip across the top of the windscreen is some how altered to accommodate Telematics in the mirror housing.
Wht sort of stuff can be there? KAFAS? Apart from that the ETC card reader for Jap spec cars?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #1852
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Wht sort of stuff can be there? KAFAS? Apart from that the ETC card reader for Jap spec cars?
Yes, KAFAS Camera or the standalone AHB Camera.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #1853
demge01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320ed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz P
This is my first post and I'm overwhelmed by the information available here. thanks very much - especially to Sean for starting the thread.

I was pointed in this direction by member ilhan1103 as I noticed in one of his posts that he'd been able to turn off his DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) which is now not an option in European delivered F30s despite that fact that the UK, for example, does not have a legal requirement to use DRLs. The fitting of DRLs is necessary for type approval but the use of them is not.

Despite my pleas to BMW UK (and pointing out to them that they were actually misinterpreting the legal position in the UK - confirmed in writing by the Department for Transport) they flatly refuse to reinstate the DRL "On" and "Off" options to my car finally advising me in their last correspondence, which had lasted over a couple of months, "I have reviewed your further correspondence and I can advise that all BMW F30 3 Series models built for the EU can not have the DRLs deactivated." which now seems to be untrue.

I'm not sure if I have the balls to start faffing about with the software myself (but, if that's the last option I may have to do so) so could somebody advise me in the meantime what coding is required by BMWs technicians to reinstate the DRL option? I'm afraid I couldn't identify it in Sean's F30 Cheat Sheet pdf (F30_Cheat_Sheet_20120616.pdf).

Thanks very much in anticipation of your help.

Baz
Sure it can be coded so that you can switch them on or off in the iDrive under settings > lights.
I'm based in the UK and have successfully coded this on mine
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #1854
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
It even shows in the headsup display lol, pretty cool

Edit, I also noticed the clock synchronization by GPS, what does this do? Keep track of the correct time and adjust if necessary?
svache! You're back! Haven't seen you post in a long while. Your work is the definitive coding instruction set for F30s!

Yeah, the M Performance logo in the HUD is cool. I believe I have the "right" to code it on my car because the car has 704 -- the M Sport Suspension -- as part of ZSL.

Yes, I am hoping GPS_UHR will keep the clock updated by synching it with the very high accuracy satellite clocks. But I haven't figured out a way to test it yet. One poster claimed that if you set the clock off by hours, you get no correction. However, if you set the clock a couple of minutes either fast or slow, it will correct. Seems pretty useless if it can only reset drift of a couple of minutes. But, if it keeps the clock synched inside that two minute window, that would be great.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #1855
Yobyot
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz P View Post
...My point about the code details is that one of BMW UK's Senior Customer Service Executives has stated that European F30s cannot have the DRLs deactivated when it is patently obvious that they can - BMW just don't want to do it...
It's not just in the UK where this is one of the great mysteries of BMW-land.

I remain completely mystified why BMW would build in the logic for, say, weather band radio on US frequencies but not enable it or make it possible for the dealers to do so either.

That's the unanswerable question. The good news is that coding your car, using the invaluable advice and pioneering efforts of the posters in this thread, is both safe and fun. And it's the easiest, least expensive way to personalize your car without ever using a wrench, or should I say, spanner.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #1856
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
and anyone figured out how to change the big BMW logo on the 8.8" yet? That would be really cool... hahahaha
+1

Quote:
GPS clock, yes, it does sync & correct accordingly, but the time difference should be just a couple of mins, i set it to 10 mins difference earlier hoping it would auto-correct but it won't... but right now, it is sync 99.9% with my iphone which sync with apple time server
ic.. so it doesn't really matter if the gps clock is on or off?

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #1857
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
First, this is svache's thread, not mine. He just lets me hang out here.
And gladly so! I'm amazed about the amount of time you put into this, I'm really thankful for this, especially since you answer so many questions that I couldn't

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #1858
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz P View Post
My point about the code details is that one of BMW UK's Senior Customer Service Executives has stated that European F30s cannot have the DRLs deactivated when it is patently obvious that they can - BMW just don't want to do it. So I feel the "Senior Customer Service Executive" needs another little poke to correct his disinformation.
If there's one thing I've learned about major companies (but likewise with smaller ones), is that if they are unsure about an answer, they are quick to say "it cannot be done", hoping the people will give up and that they will not see the question anymore, rather than spending some time to look into it themselves.

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #1859
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
svache! You're back! Haven't seen you post in a long while. Your work is the definitive coding instruction set for F30s!

Yeah, the M Performance logo in the HUD is cool. I believe I have the "right" to code it on my car because the car has 704 -- the M Sport Suspension -- as part of ZSL.

Yes, I am hoping GPS_UHR will keep the clock updated by synching it with the very high accuracy satellite clocks. But I haven't figured out a way to test it yet. One poster claimed that if you set the clock off by hours, you get no correction. However, if you set the clock a couple of minutes either fast or slow, it will correct. Seems pretty useless if it can only reset drift of a couple of minutes. But, if it keeps the clock synched inside that two minute window, that would be great.
Don't get your hopes up too much.. I still hopped on and off from time to time, just didn't say much while here haha. Too busy with other stuff unfortunately. For now I'm back but might as well be gone for a while soon again as well.. it all depends lol

I'm happy to see this thread is still alive and kicking, even more so than before.

As for the M Performance logo, it worked on my car, I don't have anything M related on my car, it's a simple Luxury version instead. Here, I quickly made the following vid (I only just upped it, it will be converted by Vimeo in about 30 minutes after I post this here):

Perhaps, in regards to the GPS_UHR, it is mainly meant for when you cross timezones in your car? In that sense the car will see by GPS when you enter a new timezone and might adjust accordingly?

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #1860
Yobyot
Major
Rep

Quote:
Don't get your hopes up too much.. I still hopped on and off from time to time, just didn't say much while here haha. Too busy with other stuff unfortunately. For now I'm back but might as well be gone for a while soon again as well.. it all depends lol

I'm happy to see this thread is still alive and kicking, even more so than before.

As for the M Performance logo, it worked on my car, I don't have anything M related on my car, it's a simple Luxury version instead. Here, I quickly made the following vid (I only just upped it, it will be converted by Vimeo in about 30 minutes after I post this here):

Perhaps, in regards to the GPS_UHR, it is mainly meant for when you cross timezones in your car? In that sense the car will see by GPS when you enter a new timezone and might adjust accordingly?
Yup, that logo is the balls, ain't it? I also have the HUD and I think the MPM logo is so much more colorful -- and shows off the HUD better -- than the red-brownish BMW logo.

I wonder if you get this logo turned on when you buy the M Performance Pack (which I am lusting for). But, given that Pack is $1600 plus installation, I am happy to have the logo for zilch.

I was wondering about time zone updates. In my 2009 Civic with nav, there's a setting for when the place you are in switches to DST or back to standard time. Some states go earlier/later than others, like, I think, Indiana.

When setting the time in our cars, one does get the chance to set the timezone -- which I always thought was about letting BMW Assist know where you were. But maybe, just maybe, GPS_UHR uses the timezone setting to know when to change to DST. I doubt it though, since I believe the satellites transmit UTC, in which case the zone offset in iDrive would only be useful for showing local time.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #1861
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Damn. There is a HUD Seat belt Status Display too?

When the Seat Belt Status Display for KOMBI is coded off, does the HUD one still appear?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #1862
awhk
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 SBM

Quote:
yeah, I'm aware, all I'm saying is based on ETK, Hongkong & the rest of the world have different CIC unit, so it is very likely that HongKong CIC (or Radio) is loaded with different font, specifically the asian language, whereas the rest of the world doesn't have this font, which is why when I code to Hongkong or add language I can't see Chinese character.

Now, specific to AWHK, since HK country control is blocking access to office, and he could enable it by removing the country controller and change the country in HU_CIC to hongkong, but "messages" menu in Office is not visible (but seems selectable still since I did see the "tick" next to it). AWHK could live with this flaw, or perhaps try changing the COUNTRY assignment to china or taiwan?

I'd try with China because China do have Office enable for their market, so perhaps it would display everything properly together with the chinese character? I'm not so sure about Taiwan, but if china doesn't work, no harm trying

As for the rest of us being blessed with US/ECE CIC units, we will have to find other ways to load the asian font in so that our idrive would display these instead of squares/rectangles...
Sorry for the late update. I've finally got a chance to tried out changing 'Country' to China or Taiwan. Same result as Hong Kong, 'Message' not appearing in 'Telephone' and 'Office' sub-menu.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #1863
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I was wondering about time zone updates. In my 2009 Civic with nav, there's a setting for when the place you are in switches to DST or back to standard time. Some states go earlier/later than others, like, I think, Indiana.

When setting the time in our cars, one does get the chance to set the timezone -- which I always thought was about letting BMW Assist know where you were. But maybe, just maybe, GPS_UHR uses the timezone setting to know when to change to DST. I doubt it though, since I believe the satellites transmit UTC, in which case the zone offset in iDrive would only be useful for showing local time.
Thats an interesting thought, you could be right about the DST yeah

Quote:
Damn. There is a HUD Seat belt Status Display too?

When the Seat Belt Status Display for KOMBI is coded off, does the HUD one still appear?
lol almost every warning is displayed, if not all. A big red car if I get too close to the person in front of me (sadly that happens way too often lol), and all the other warnings that you see in the kombi are also shown.

I don't know what happens with the seat belt status display when you code it off. I have mine still visible, the only thing I turned off is the seatbelt reminder gong (not the early warning, which you can hear in the vid, just the one after this) the rest is still on. The one you see only stays for a short time, probably since the other warning is turned off (although the red symbol in the kombi stays on, it's just the gong I turned off).

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #1864
theothernguyen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '12 Jet Black 328i Sedan

enable BT audio streaming?

Quote:
I only know how to get it working in a U.S. spec'd car if it has a dedicated Combox.
You can read what I did to get Internet / BMW Live working in my F10 here:

Quote:
Can someone make a tutorial, how to enable internet over bluetooth to work in bmw f10 ?
I have Bmw f10 2012 with:
S612A BMW ASSIST
S614A Internet preparation
S616A BMW ONLINE
S6AAA BMW TELESERVICES
S6VCA COMBOX

Quote:
Change your VO as follows:

- 612 (or 633 or 639 if present)
+ 644
+ 614 (Required but already present)
+ 615
+ 6AL
+ 6AB

VO CODE HU_CIC
VO CODE CMB_MEDIA

FDL CODE CMB_MEDIA:
- TELEMATIK_VIN = Coding_VIN

FDL CODE CMB_MEDIA:
Use modified VO with VIN that has factory options 614 and 615 as explained in my earlier Post # 45:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=45

*** Use only to FDL Code CMB_MEDIA; DO NOT write this FA to the Car

1) Enable Data Transfer Option Under Phone
2) Enable Bluetooth Data Tethering on Phone
3) Under Connected drive; Update services (should show BMW Live and Internet services)
4) Go to BMW Live and Internet and make sure it it working

After it is working:
Use original VO with car VIN:
FDL CODE CMB_MEDIA:
- TELEMATIK_VIN = MOST_VIN

Read CMB_MEDIA and verify Short VIN in brackets [xxxxxxx] is car VIN.

DO NOT update services again or you will loose BMW Live and Internet.

*** If you do not return the Combox VIN to car VIN, you will encounter problems with future dealer programming, as the Combox will not be recognized, and programming will hault.

Hi Shawn! I was hoping your expertise might know the answer to this, I've been doing quite a bit of reading and research on whether or not I could enable BT audio streaming in my mid-year production 2012 F30.

I have the tech and nav packages with bluetooth phone calls but audio streaming is not enabled/present. However, and correct me if I am wrong, apparently, mid-2012 come with the correct combox (with BT audio streaming capabilities and internet/bmw live), and with my CIC module, all that is required would be coding to correctly recognize the combox? Is this a complicated coding process, or have you had experience in this?

http://www.bmwvin.com/?vin=F433839

Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #1865
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothernguyen View Post
Hi Shawn! I was hoping your expertise might know the answer to this, I've been doing quite a bit of reading and research on whether or not I could enable BT audio streaming in my mid-year production 2012 F30.

I have the tech and nav packages with bluetooth phone calls but audio streaming is not enabled/present. However, and correct me if I am wrong, apparently, mid-2012 come with the correct combox (with BT audio streaming capabilities and internet/bmw live), and with my CIC module, all that is required would be coding to correctly recognize the combox? Is this a complicated coding process, or have you had experience in this?

Many thanks!
When you connect with E-Sys, and read VCM, do you have CMB_MEDIA and CMB_ECALL modules in your SVT?

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #1866
ramonE90-NL
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: bmw F30 320iA

@svache, did you get my pm about the e-sys program? I dont have the cable yet but want to try if its easy to work with the program. Since there is no one in my vicinity that can code for me (netherlands rotterdam)
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #1867
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonE90-NL View Post
@svache, did you get my pm about the e-sys program? I dont have the cable yet but want to try if its easy to work with the program. Since there is no one in my vicinity that can code for me (netherlands rotterdam)
You mean on my profile page? Yeah I've seen it and left a message on your profile page lol

But yeah, I don't have the links to the software but I believe they are listed here somewhere in this coding thread. If not, perhaps someone else here knows where to find the files

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #1868
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhk View Post
Sorry for the late update. I've finally got a chance to tried out changing 'Country' to China or Taiwan. Same result as Hong Kong, 'Message' not appearing in 'Telephone' and 'Office' sub-menu.
Maybe we should ask guys from the mainland for their VOs. Maybe if we use their national version VO we can have a properly functioning office.
On the other hand, the bro from the other forum said office function on his F10 has no such problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #1869
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theothernguyen View Post

Many thanks!
Can u check whether u have combox physically fitted in ur car (take the boot floor out & u'll see)? From the VOs it seems u don't have enhanced BT (hence no audio streaming), but another member have 609+6NH (EU spec) & his car have a castrated media combox. Apparently the CIC doesn't have any BT hardware built-in & so a media combox is used for that purpose.
Naturally he got everything back by coding it.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #1870
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Quote:
Sorry, I am not sure what you are asking here.

You can obviously add K Word SPBR, and VO Code car, but I assume this needs actual hardware to go with it to be useful. SPBR is not an available K Word for F10 Chassis, so I am not familiar with it.
I was wondering which ECU we need to "code" if we activate SPBR (of course assuming the brake itself was already retrofitted)
Appreciate 0