F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > M Performance front lip fitment issue
Studio RSR

05-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
m2michael23
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition

M Performance front lip fitment issue

Does any one here have a problem of the m-performance front lip fittment to the m-sport bumper??

i purchased the front lip through getbmwparts.com. Until today, my body shop buddy told me the lip doesn't hold good. it leaves a gap as the pic shown.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
artieg30
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F06

I've seen it in real life and there does appear to be a noticeable gap in the areas you highlighted, however there shouldn't be a problem with the lip "holding" good...

since these are OEM parts they should theoretically bolt-on to the car without any incidents... not to be rude or anything but did your buddy check out the install guide for the lip or other M-perf aero parts?

There's a link on this forum here somewhere and it may be just a matter of a step being missed or something minor?

Also I believe the lip is mainly held together by the K1 betalink adhesive so maybe he didn't apply as much to those sections mentioned?
Appreciate 0