F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Extended warranty
ARMA SPEED

03-05-2017, 03:58 PM   #23
chet82
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigate View Post
I just want to clarify that there are two types of BMW extended warranty on offer, one which is actually an extended manufacturer’s warranty and the other, a third party warranty which from the above, looks like it is underwritten by Allianz. Although the manufactures warranty was more expensive, I opted for this one as there were no restrictions and as previously indicated, I had been previously been burnt by third party warranty restrictions.
Correct - Read the Fine print Always , Restriction can be tricky .
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #24
Bris64
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 Pure

My understanding is that the only true BMW extended warranty is the one that is purchased at time of purchase. This is not offered at a later date - i.e. When you original 3 year warranty is about to end. A couple of different options then, but neither a true BMW warranty, so both have restrictions. (At least this was the case 18 months ago when I was looking at options of either extending lease and warranty vrs new purchase.
(Hence I purchased an extra 2 years BMW warranty at time of purchase)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 12:37 AM   #25
ontheway
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 MSport 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bris64 View Post
My understanding is that the only true BMW extended warranty is the one that is purchased at time of purchase. This is not offered at a later date - i.e. When you original 3 year warranty is about to end. A couple of different options then, but neither a true BMW warranty, so both have restrictions. (At least this was the case 18 months ago when I was looking at options of either extending lease and warranty vrs new purchase.
(Hence I purchased an extra 2 years BMW warranty at time of purchase)
Pretty damn sure there is only one genuine BMW extended warranty that you can purchase anytime up until warranty expiry- not being picky. You probably have more leverage for negotiating at purchase. If you have a novated lease, much better to expense it after purchase though!

Some years ago I compared the PDS wording of the Allianz branded and the BMW branded (Allianz ) and found only one minor difference. Things change though.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 11:41 PM   #26
Bris64
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 Pure

Not via Brisbane BMW (at least not 14 months ago when made my last purchase). Full BMW warranty only available to purchase pre delivery (I tried on our X5 which was coming up to end of its third year and it was definitely not possible - but I was offered the the BMW branded or Allianz extended warranties which can be purchased at any time.
Ended up trading on a new X5 and was able to then get the full BMW extended warranty as part of purchase, so extended to 5 years.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 02:22 PM   #27
Evil_ss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bris64 View Post
Not via Brisbane BMW (at least not 14 months ago when made my last purchase). Full BMW warranty only available to purchase pre delivery (I tried on our X5 which was coming up to end of its third year and it was definitely not possible - but I was offered the the BMW branded or Allianz extended warranties which can be purchased at any time.
Ended up trading on a new X5 and was able to then get the full BMW extended warranty as part of purchase, so extended to 5 years.
That's strange that you cannot get the full extended warranty post purchase. Do you know what the difference is?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #28
ontheway
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 MSport 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_ss View Post
That's strange that you cannot get the full extended warranty post purchase. Do you know what the difference is?
No one has been able to describe this mysterious product.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 08:41 AM   #29
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_ss View Post
Hi All,
Has anyone paid for another 2 years warranty from BMW?
I have been quoted $3600.
Yes but I ended up upgrading to a new F30 before the extra warranty kicked in so it was a waste of money. The disappointing thing is that it made no difference to the trade in value although it was transferable to the next owner.
With the non transferable warranty they will refund the money if you don't use it. If BMW doesn't give you more maybe sell it to a private party or car max.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #30
hnguy
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

I had some repairs done under a third party extended warranty (not Allianz) that my leasing provided.
The dealer didn't want to deal with the other company directly, and said they will only talk to me.
The dealer said that if it was Allianz as the extended warranty company, they will talk to them and process the claim on your behalf.
Ended up spending nearly 2 hours going between both company to get all the details required to approve the repair. Not too bad considering I've saved a couple of grand on the extended warranty premium.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 04:49 AM   #31
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

I've dealt with a couple of warranty companies (as a workshop) on behalf of customers:

Example 1 with Allianz, car needed a new waterpump, Allianz approved it quickly (and paid us quickly) but only for the waterpump and labour per BMW (which is a tad on the short side, i.e. only 2.5 hours instead of 3, something like that). The customer ended up having to pay for coolant and the thermostat.

Example 2 with Australian Warranty Network (AWN), car needed a new drive shaft, sent them a parts list, our estimated labour, they questioned a few things then approved it quite quickly.. the policy was their 'extension of manufacturer's warranty' product which basically mimics the factory warranty. Total repair bill was $4.5k and from what I could see there were no limits. It's definitely the only warranty I'd consider purchasing myself
Appreciate 2
      10-29-2017, 08:09 AM   #32
Fronttwelv
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 328i xdrive msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
If it's the product I believe it is, I think the BMW one is underwritten by Allianz?

I have access to a different product - underwritten by a different company with complete bumper to bumper coverage designed to replicate factory warranty. Fully transferable to the next owner of your vehicle as well.

3 years / unlimited KM for $2,800.

Happy to provide a sample PDS if you want to read more.
PM SENT!
Appreciate 0