F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Updated Pics - F32 EB M4 trunk lid / 20 wheels
Extreme Powerhouse

03-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #23
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjc4scab View Post
here u go!
Thank you. You what would be really helpful is if you can take a pic of the leading or trailing edge of the side sill in relation to the body panel. I think to make this work the sill need to be pushed inward a bit and not follow the guide lines on the sill. This makes sense because the M4 wheel wells are wider.

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 10:08 AM   #24
AricJ
Rep
Drives: With wheles :)

Sweet color! Killer wheels!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #25
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
Thank you. You what would be really helpful is if you can take a pic of the leading or trailing edge of the side sill in relation to the body panel. I think to make this work the sill need to be pushed inward a bit and not follow the guide lines on the sill. This makes sense because the M4 wheel wells are wider.
You're so much better with words than I is.

You starting to figure out what I was trying to say all along?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 04:35 PM   #26
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 N55 View Post
You're so much better with words than I is.

You starting to figure out what I was trying to say all along?
Ha ha..thank you...I pieced it together looking at your pics. It took me a while because I am little dense...So the question is, if the sill has to be pushed in a little does that still look ok? I think enough of the sill shows unlike with the 3 series sill which seems to be too subtle. What do you think?

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 04:45 PM   #27
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

Quote:
Ha ha..thank you...I pieced it together looking at your pics. It took me a while because I am little dense...So the question is, if the sill has to be pushed in a little does that still look ok? I think enough of the sill shows unlike with the 3 series sill which seems to be too subtle. What do you think?
Sure it'll look OK but it's not 100% plug n play. I don't think these guys installed them themselves in their driveways or garage. They payed people to make it happen and those people "made" them fit. And they do look good!!

I'm not trying to knock anyone here. This is just my experience and my thoughts.

Nobody has done a DIY on these (that I've seen) for the F3x and I haven't seen any pictures of the underside.........
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #28
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Sure it'll look OK but it's not 100% plug n play. I don't think these guys installed them themselves in their driveways or garage. They payed people to make it happen and those people "made" them fit. And they do look good!!

I'm not trying to knock anyone here. This is just my experience and my thoughts.

Nobody has done a DIY on these (that I've seen) for the F3x and I haven't seen any pictures of the underside.........
It looks like the install would be no different than if the sill was not pushed in a little. There is plenty of material on the sill and under the car for the double sided tape. Also there is plenty of the underbody covering that that plastic screws have to go into.

Since you have the actual sill, can you test fit? Move the sill in so that it sits where its supposed to and see where the mounting hole are. The double sided tap location is not a problem because I was planning on removing the existing one and added something stronger.

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 07:01 PM   #29
betlion
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

I had a friend help me with the install

Tboee is right about the front being pushed in pass the double sided tape

Doing this yourself is a PITA !!!

Last edited by betlion; 03-03-2015 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 09:11 PM   #30
The Bolt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 328xi m sport

damn!!! lookin good
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 11:08 PM   #31
wolves
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i

Fire!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 05:43 AM   #32
jjc4scab
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435ix,GTR, Huracan Performante

Quote:

I looked under the car. no extra holes were drilled into the blades. I want to say I was out the door for 450 with install. IMO time is money, would have taken me at least 2 hours or more. Alot of MFing. I worked n made money while they were installed and no hi blood pressure
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 05:51 AM   #33
jjc4scab
Private First Class
Rep

I hope this is what you guys are lookin for
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 08:13 AM   #34
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep

Perfect! Thank you jjc4scab

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #35
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

Quote:
I looked under the car. no extra holes were drilled into the blades. I want to say I was out the door for 450 with install. IMO time is money, would have taken me at least 2 hours or more. Alot of MFing. I worked n made money while they were installed and no hi blood pressure
I agree, time is money.

Working on my car(s) is both a money SAVER for me and it's also my mental therapy. Thanks for the pics but it's under the car that's where the discrepancy is.

Sorry to sh!t in your thread betlion.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 05:58 AM   #36
jjc4scab
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I agree, time is money.

Working on my car(s) is both a money SAVER for me and it's also my mental therapy. Thanks for the pics but it's under the car that's where the discrepancy is.

Sorry to sh!t in your thread betlion.
so you need a pic of under????
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 08:31 AM   #37
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
so you need a pic of under????
Yes please....

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 11:59 AM   #38
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
Quote:

If the tape it comes with doesn't line up, I'd say purchase some additional 3M acrylic double sided tape and add for support. My current car (not a BMW) has full side skirts installed by myself using some quality 3M acrylic double sided tape I found on ebay since its hard to find it where I live (important not to get the china made stuff though, I wouldn't trust it). You have to ensure the surfaces are thoroughly clean before installing.
This is what I used, holds up very well all year round; just note that there are different sizes so search around for the one you think will work... 3M Automotive Acrylic Plus Double Sided Attachment Tape:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3M-Automotive...c3e36c&vxp=mtr

As for the shape, you can use a heat gun to shape it a bit to line it up better. Just be very careful you don't use too much heat and evenly distribute the heat among the area you'd like to shape. You don't want to warp the plastic to the point where it becomes wavy :P

These are only my suggestions to DIY.

Last edited by DrifterX; 03-05-2015 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: My post only includes suggestions for DIY...
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #39
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
If the tape it comes with doesn't line up, I'd say purchase some additional 3M acrylic double sided tape and add for support. My current car has full side skirts installed by myself using some quality 3M acrylic double sided tape I found on ebay since its hard to find it where I live (important not to get the china made stuff though, I wouldn't trust it). You have to ensure the surfaces are thoroughly clean before installing.
This is what I used, holds up very well all year round; just note that there are different sizes so search around for the one you think will work... 3M Automotive Acrylic Plus Double Sided Attachment Tape:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3M-Automotive...c3e36c&vxp=mtr

As for the shape, you can use a heat gun to shape it a bit to line it up better. Just be very careful you don't use too much heat and evenly distribute the heat among the area you'd like to shape. You don't want to warp the plastic to the point where it becomes wavy :P
So just to be clear, you have the M4 side sills installed on your 4 series? Any pointers on doing the install? Any pics?

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #40
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

All this good DIY info will get buried in betlions thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #41
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
Quote:
So just to be clear, you have the M4 side sills installed on your 4 series? Any pointers on doing the install? Any pics?
Sorry, to clarify, my current car is NOT a BMW. I was only giving suggestions you can try to make them fit yourself, I haven't personally installed the M4 side blade install on a 4 series but I don't think it's too difficult to do as a DIY.

My point was you can use 3M acrylic double sided tape which is pretty strong. My current car's side skirts don't have any bolts or fasteners holding it up, only the tape. And these side skirts are larger and heavier than these M4 blades, they've been holding well for the last 2-3 years.
Regarding the heat gun suggestion, if you know what you're doing, I think it won't be difficult to form with the right amount of heat it if it doesn't line up out of the box.

Again, these are just my suggestions But anyways, this is all off topic of the thread lol
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 02:09 PM   #42
jjc4scab
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
All this good DIY info will get buried in betlions thread.

Hijacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 02:12 PM   #43
jjc4scab
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes please....
Dude you are more maintenance then my ex wife however sex offset the neediness!!!! LOL

Ill try tonight when I get home my Biatch
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #44
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
Sorry, to clarify, my current car is NOT a BMW. I was only giving suggestions you can try to make them fit yourself, I haven't personally installed the M4 side blade install on a 4 series but I don't think it's too difficult to do as a DIY.

My point was you can use 3M acrylic double sided tape which is pretty strong. My current car's side skirts don't have any bolts or fasteners holding it up, only the tape. And these side skirts are larger and heavier than these M4 blades, they've been holding well for the last 2-3 years.
Regarding the heat gun suggestion, if you know what you're doing, I think it won't be difficult to form with the right amount of heat it if it doesn't line up out of the box.

Again, these are just my suggestions But anyways, this is all off topic of the thread lol

Of course this isn't a difficult DIY. It's just plastic.

But there are people on here who make it sound like these are an exact fit and no modifications are necessary. It's just not true.

Appreciate 0