F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > My new whip...a F30 EBII
Extreme Powerhouse
View Poll Results: What color should I powdercoat the stock wheels?
Black 5 9.26%
White 3 5.56%
Leave em alone 46 85.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

11-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #23
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuspain View Post
Thanks man! Loving it so far

I actually got this 2nd hand from some guy in Queens. Don't know if he added mirrored signal bulbs, but yeah those are def painted reflectors.

It's got DHP and the MPerformance Pack.

Yeah, but I am definitely going to add a front splitter...possibly a rear diffuser or spoiler.

Really like CSL type wheels.
Cool - awesome to pick up a such a nicely setup car on the used market.

It looks like the turn signal bulbs are mirrored based on the front end pic because I didn't notice any yellowish-orange around the bulbs reflector area. (Even just ambient light will reflect off the stock orange bulbs and discolor the whole area... you can see what I mean in the front end pic of my car in my garage link, taken before I swapped the bulbs out.)

The splitter looks amazing on EB. The diffuser is very subtle; few will even notice it, but to me, it's one of my favorite parts of my car. The spoilers look cool too, but I decided against it.

As for wheels, 19s look great, but I went with a second set of 18s for 2 reasons: they are lighter than 19s, which is great for handling... and they have just enough sidewall height to keep me from cringing every time I encounter an unavoidable pothole. Not to mention, my brand of choice (Apex) only makes 17s and 18s.
As for wheel color, I like gunmetal for aftermarket wheels a lot and almost went that way, but in the end I opted for black. It came down to the feeling that the black just looked a little more aggressive than gun metal, which I thought was perfect for my summer/track wheels. (I'm planning to put the Apex wheels on the car tomorrow, so I'll take some pics and post them up in case you want to see what they look like.)

Also, someone mentioned brakes. A big brake kit is good for looks - and if you plan to track the car, they are a worthwhile investment... but otherwise, there are probably better ways to spend $3k+

Last edited by DVC; 11-04-2013 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #24
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 View Post
Just say no to black painted stock wheels.
Just say no to plastidip on any stock part.

Just say no to ANY kind of painted stock wheel. Unless it's black CSL wheels on AW. Only acceptable choice.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #25
DesertSmokeBBQ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
I'd get 19" b4 I'd spend money on powdercoating.
+1, I don't think those wheels will look good in black on your car anyways, too small and not concave enough to pull off black on blue.
Meh, I had a '13 328 M-Sport in EBII w/those wheels in Black and it looked quite nice.

Traded 9-1-13 '13 Estoril Blue II F30 - 328i - ZMM - ZPP -ZDY - ZTB - 403 - 465 - 494 - 4DX- LC (Black) - 6NL
Appreciate 0