F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > I am trying to get ESYS to work but failing
GetBMWParts

06-23-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
tarekelsakka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

I am trying to get ESYS to work but failing

I came back home about a week and a half ago and I have been trying to use the ENET cable I purchased from Amazon UK unsuccessfully, mainly because I cannot get the ESYS software to actually work.

I have tried many different versions, patches, and such but the problems are almost always with the Premium Launcher, which either asks for an activation code or keeps asking for a PIN (which I keep trying to enter but it never works).

I was sent a virtual machine by kretzu which includes all of it but I won't be able to download it because I have limited bandwidth in Egypt and the file is about 41GB; if I knew about it when I was still in the UK, I would have definitely downloaded it before I came back.

Are there any free methods to getting E-sys to work or do I have to purchase a license? I tried contacting the creator of E-sys launcher (his email is included in the app) but I never got a response from him and it's been well over a week now.

I have no experience with coding BMWs but I've been reading a lot of tutorials and guides and am really excited to start playing around with it, if only I could get the software to work.

I'll be using a MacBook Pro with Parallels Desktop and Windows 7, and I could also use Boot Camp with Windows 10 if necessary.

Thank you so much
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
Vortex8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW GT 328xi

I think the only way for you is the virtual machine. I was struggling a lot with this as well, but none of the things worked for me and I think it's not worth the effort. The virtual machine works flawlessly.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 04:42 PM   #3
tarekelsakka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex8 View Post
I think the only way for you is the virtual machine. I was struggling a lot with this as well, but none of the things worked for me and I think it's not worth the effort. The virtual machine works flawlessly.
Thanks for your reply.

The 41GB virtual machine does seem like the best option but unfortunately I have limited bandwidth here and I cannot download it before the 1st of July, or I'll have to pay for extensions for the third time this month. It's honestly ridculous.

shawnsheridan advised me to turn firewall off and that seemed to do the trick. I was able to read the SVT and CAFD files today, but I have not tried coding anything back to the car yet because there are so many files that I feel lost!
Appreciate 0