F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Shoutout to Svache for Coding my F30. Wow!
GetBMWParts

06-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #67
demge01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320ed

Garage List
Great work Svache! Keep it coming. My cable can't arrive soon enough!

Here's another challenge for you..
I reckon the DRLs can be set so that the eyebrow LED is also as bright as the Angel eyes.
I noticed on the F30 launch cars video the eyebrow is bright whereas at least on my car this is only seen when sidelights are on. The side lights are not bright like the DRLs.
Have a look here when the F30s are in the tunnel...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df_2ngMo_Yc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What do you think?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #68
Elk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
Broken?
Just personal preference/experimental purposes for me.
Some have described the single-fog-light-on-turning to appear as if a foglight is out or that something else is wrong. It does not look this way to me, but appreciate that it may to others.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #69
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
Great work Svache! Keep it coming. My cable can't arrive soon enough!

Here's another challenge for you..
I reckon the DRLs can be set so that the eyebrow LED is also as bright as the Angel eyes.
I noticed on the F30 launch cars video the eyebrow is bright whereas at least on my car this is only seen when sidelights are on. The side lights are not bright like the DRLs.
Have a look here when the F30s are in the tunnel...

What do you think?

Cheers.
I think it's not really the DLR's that do this because my DLR's alone don't do this either. I think these are the parkinglights instead because, as you can see when it comes out, the tail lights are on also. If it was indeed the DRL's, the tail lights should've been off

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #70
mxdirtmx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i (F30) Imperial B

Unhappy Really need to know how to get the eyebrows on the lights to light up... mine don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerffejleahcim View Post
Big thanks to Svache for taking care of me today. Coded my car with the following items.

You can find his Coding DIY @ http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696777

1. Auto Start Stop - Last setting remembered.
2. Delete front corner lights (Turn signals activate only on turns)
3. Turned off the Seatbelt Gong
4. Tire pressure and Temperature in TPMS (Exact units shown)
5. Unlock all doors when you Turn Off your car
6. Side mirrors Fold upon press+hold Key Fob lock button for 3 seconds
7. Side mirrors Fold upon press+hold Comfort Access button for 3 seconds
8. Close Windows and Moon Roof from Comfort Access (Door Handle)
9. Close Windows and Moon Roof from Key Fob
8. Window safety feature (When window is rolling up, you can open the door without it stopping)
9. Sport display now pops up on non-nav. Need more coding to fully activate.

I just realized how much stuff he did for me. Cool cool guy. Appreciate it buddy!

Here is a pic with my Corner Light Delete and TPMS Info.
Hey guys.....
Really need to know how to get the eyebrows on the lights to light up... (The straight line light above the inner halo lights that extends across to the end of the outer halo lights) as seen in the pictures. Please help me..... Mine don't work!
Is this a coding change our should they come on normally in one or more of the headlight settings?

Also, any chance that anyone knows how to get the "find my way home" headlight Delay working? Everytime I lock my car the lights go off and do not stay on....

Last edited by mxdirtmx; 06-18-2012 at 01:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:08 AM   #71
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxdirtmx View Post
Hey guys.....
Really need to know how to get the eyebrows on the lights to light up... (The straight line light above the inner halo lights that extends across to the end of the outer halo lights) as seen in the pictures. Please help me..... Mine don't work!
Is this a coding change our should they come on normally in one or more of the headlight settings?

Also, any chance that anyone knows how to get the "find my way home" headlight Delay working? Everytime I lock my car the lights go off and do not stay on....
The straight line above the halos should normally be on when you have your normal lights on, or when your parking/city lights are on.

I haven't looked at the 'follow me home' lights, but I know what you mean. I also noticed that those lights don't stay on once the car gets locked (as a matter of fact, they go off with me as soon as my engine is turned off and I open my doors). They should indeed stay on, if you have to believe the manual.

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #72
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxdirtmx View Post
This is the so-called "follow me home" function. I thought you were supposed to flash the high beams after you switch off the ignition for this to work. Never use it myself though since I park in the garage, and I would back in to a driveway anyway.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #73
berk192
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Luxury Line

Can you take a photo of sport display on the non-nav system, is it fully working ?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #74
Howowcanigo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Opel Astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
This is the so-called "follow me home" function. I thought you were supposed to flash the high beams after you switch off the ignition for this to work. Never use it myself though since I park in the garage, and I would back in to a driveway anyway.
I think I read somewhere you can leave the reverse lights (don't know if this is how they're called in English - the white ones) on instead of the front, but how, that's another question
Thought it was something like leaving it in reverse, but as you guys drive a lot of automatics... I also think I read somewhere the follow me home lights can be activated in the iDrive menu...

Howow

Edit: Aparently you need to pull the flash stalk before leaving the car. Maybe pushing it activates the reverse lights?
Or I remember this from another car make...

Howow

Last edited by Howowcanigo; 06-19-2012 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: research
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 03:34 AM   #75
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by berk192 View Post
Can you take a photo of sport display on the non-nav system, is it fully working ?
It looks exactly like it does on the nav system, but sadly it's not functional yet

Appreciate 0