F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Anyone actually happy with f30??
Studio RSR

01-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #23
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

A Very satisfied owner of F30-335i M Sport

Having owned BMWs since 1984 (E20, E30, E36, E46/ZHP Coupe, E90-330i, E92-335i, E90-335d, X5-335d, F30-335i), I can appreciate BMW's long history of product innovation and progressive engineering .

My F30-335i is a fantastic car is so many ways. It is not perfect, but it does everything I could ever expect a first class sedan to do. It handles very well, (despite what some current E9X drivers claim), it has even better sport seats than the E90, it has more passenger and trunk room, its engine is far more fuel efficient, partly because of the superb 8 spd transmission, and it rides better over harsh roads than any E9X could possibly do.

The F30-335i with M Sport trim is also IMO the best looking 3 Series since the E46/ZHP Coupe
      01-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #24
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
I've owned my Melbourne red 335i M sport for around 2 weeks now and still running it in, I know some people disagree with running in new cars but its my personal preference and we have had snow since I took delivery so thought I'd have to take it easy in such weather anyway.
The point of this thread is I'm surprised at the amount of dissatisfied owners there are out there, I know the f30 has its foibles as all cars do but I love my car and I'm proud to be able to own such a nice car, in fact I didn't even test drive the car when I bought it! Are you happy with yours???
I'm going to disagree with your assertion that so many folks are dismayed with their F30. There's a current thread asking what it is folks don't like about their F30 and reading that thread, one'll see that there's not (as of yesterday) one single substantive complaint. It's nothing but nit-picks and I find it hard to argue that folks are greatly dissatisfied when the most significant thing decried is that the tail lamps aren't LED, which is not remotely close to the rancor caused by HPFP failures in the E90/E92. Whereas BMW actually lost customers over the HPFP thing, I seriously doubt anyone -- at least rational adults -- will stop buying BMWs solely due to the tail lamps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #25
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Absolutely. I smile every time I slide into my seat and turn the key (OK, push the button). As has been said above, complaints will far outnumber compliments in any venue at an alarming ratio (1000:1?). Spend some time trying to do market research and you'll find it's very difficult to get someone to even participate or provide feedback beyond "I'm happy with everything" unless they have something negative to say. Then they're happy to unload and tell you how awful things are.

Average Joe who is happy with a product or experience generally just goes on living and enjoying whatever it is he's purchased. There's really no motivation to go out of their way to tell the world how great something is unless A)they're an actual enthusiast or B) they're prone to gloating.

But an Average Joe who has had a bad experience always seems to feel compelled to tell the world how horrible things are and/or seek others with which to commiserate. The second someone feels something is amiss (or doesn't get their way), they hop online and start searching. As soon as they find what they're looking for it's off to the races. While the whole issue with the rusty seat pans is certainly an anomaly that required correction, it absolutely wasn't the end of the world or an indication that BMW is trying to foist off cheap crap on the unsuspecting public. It was just a matter of time until they determined there were enough floating around that they needed to take action.

Internet forums are both a blessing and a curse. They're great for sharing information and experiences with others who have common interests. But they're also cluttered with so much crap and rants about insignificant issues and conspiracy theories that portray a warped sense of reality.

I've predominantly frequented forums of older vintage models over the last decade or so which tend to be about 98% quality content posted by actual enthusiasts. This is my first foray into a current generation forum and it's a TOTALLY different world. Reason and logic seem to take a backseat to sensationalism and irrational conjecture.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #26
GB72
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport Melbourne red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic
Absolutely. I smile every time I slide into my seat and turn the key (OK, push the button). As has been said above, complaints will far outnumber compliments in any venue at an alarming ratio (1000:1?). Spend some time trying to do market research and you'll find it's very difficult to get someone to even participate or provide feedback beyond "I'm happy with everything" unless they have something negative to say. Then they're happy to unload and tell you how awful things are.

Average Joe who is happy with a product or experience generally just goes on living and enjoying whatever it is he's purchased. There's really no motivation to go out of their way to tell the world how great something is unless A)they're an actual enthusiast or B) they're prone to gloating.

But an Average Joe who has had a bad experience always seems to feel compelled to tell the world how horrible things are and/or seek others with which to commiserate. The second someone feels something is amiss (or doesn't get their way), they hop online and start searching. As soon as they find what they're looking for it's off to the races. While the whole issue with the rusty seat pans is certainly an anomaly that required correction, it absolutely wasn't the end of the world or an indication that BMW is trying to foist off cheap crap on the unsuspecting public. It was just a matter of time until they determined there were enough floating around that they needed to take action.

Internet forums are both a blessing and a curse. They're great for sharing information and experiences with others who have common interests. But they're also cluttered with so much crap and rants about insignificant issues and conspiracy theories that portray a warped sense of reality.

I've predominantly frequented forums of older vintage models over the last decade or so which tend to be about 98% quality content posted by actual enthusiasts. This is my first foray into a current generation forum and it's a TOTALLY different world. Reason and logic seem to take a backseat to sensationalism and irrational conjecture.
Well said!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #27
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post

Couldnt agree more. I wish I had never joined this forum. While it can be interesting at times it just made me paranoid about my car and gave me a bad feeling/impression of BMW owners. There are lots of level heads here but too many others. Its like a car wreck though...don't want to look but I do.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #28
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
Yes.

The internet is the place where people go to complain.

If you walked into a room of friends and started complaining about the slight color mismatch of your rear bumper, they would probably look at you with their heads cocked and say "Are you seriously complaining about something that no one in their right mind could notice when you drive a $40k+ car? I drive a Toyota Camry with duct tape holding the side view mirror on you jerk"

So in order to have a place to complain about these typically insignificant things, the internet was invented.

A forum of people talking about how much they love their cars is boring.
Post of the year!

Oh, and yes! I love my car! After driving the same gutless Subaru wagon for 14 years, I have NOTHING to complain about with my new 3!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #29
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
I love my car but then again its only a car.
cheers
vern
It's okay to love your car, but not to LOVE your car.
      01-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #30
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2pw

Garage List
BMW   [0.00]
I dropped off my 328I Sport ( sport trans,M Performance sport brakes, Adaptive & sport steering) for its first service today. The loaner is a 328i base with xdrive, a joke.
What a disappoinment. The steering, brakes, suspension are awful. AWFUL.
The Sport Model is definitely softened up vs E90, but I still enjoy the car. But this base model without the chassis improvements is a Camary( not even a sport Camary) with BMW on the hood. The 3 series lost its way. Hopefully BMW can find its way with the new 1 or 2 series, or I'll be switching brands in the future.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #31
Just a 3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i prem sport perf pkge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
I am in love with my F30 M Sport X drive. I have a G37 and an X5. The G37 is on its way out. Every time I drive the 335i I just can't believe how much power this thing has. I rarely put it in sport mode on the highway because I feel it's making too much power. I prefer sport mode when doing city driving and I can listen to the bubble. Compared to the G37 this m sport is more tossable. It feels light on its feet and very precise. I can add a page of great stuff it does better. I mention the X5 because I read a lot about how the F30 steering is numb or how it's throttle is non responsive. I drive my N55 X5 back to back with my F30 and I know it's all just hogwash. The E70 setup is different from the F30 set up but both are very entertaining to drive.

I also like the DHP which makes it easy to turn when parking and tightens things up when in sport mode. It's like 2 cars in one

In winter my X5 does 18mpg, my G37 did 16-7mpg a d the new kid on the block does 22.6mpg and she is yet to be fully broken in.
How does the G compare from a seat of the pants power feel? Mine seems to be a little weaker in the low end compared to n54/55 - your thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #32
BMWinGE
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #33
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
I dropped off my 328I Sport ( sport trans,M Performance sport brakes, Adaptive & sport steering) for its first service today. The loaner is a 328i base with xdrive, a joke.
What a disappoinment. The steering, brakes, suspension are awful. AWFUL.
The Sport Model is definitely softened up vs E90, but I still enjoy the car. But this base model without the chassis improvements is a Camary( not even a sport Camary) with BMW on the hood. The 3 series lost its way. Hopefully BMW can find its way with the new 1 or 2 series, or I'll be switching brands in the future.
I have a 328i M Sport (sport auto 8) and like you, I got a base 328i for a loaner once. I agree with you that the base car sucked compared to a Sport or M Sport, but that wouldn't steer me away from BMW. I just wouldn't buy a base car. It was amazing how different the two cars felt when they share 90% of the same parts!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #34
sean10mm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i xDrive 6MT ZDH

There's also an overabundance of E90 and E46 nostalgia whores around here trying to look superior to everyone else, which doesn't help at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #35
BMWforLife
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i

F30 is new and theres those people out there that always think old is better than new in every aspect.

and then there is the people who complain on the internet.

for every person online who says they are disappointed with their f30 there is probably 500 satisfied drivers
11 328i
06 330i
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #36
Agamemnon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3 ss2 zcp full leather

This is a great thread! Nice to see people enjoying their new ride like I am instead of whining about the cup holders - shouldn't be drinking stuff in your car anyway - you are supposed to be driving!

I've only had mine for about a month and couldn't be happier with it.

It really is true that people like to complain and the internet is a real outlet for them.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #37
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
This is a great thread! Nice to see people enjoying their new ride like I am instead of whining about the cup holders - shouldn't be drinking stuff in your car anyway - you are supposed to be driving!

It really is true that people like to complain and the internet is a real outlet for them.
really? you're suppose to be driving when you're in your car? Could have fooled me...

I've seen people texting, talking on their cell, eating a hamburger and drinking a coke, reading a newspaper fully opened up or a book, and reaching into their backseat with both arms and not holding the wheel at all!

I'm happy with mine. EBII is such an awesome color which makes me happy every time i see it. Also, the base model feels totally different from my car. I'm probably the person that wouldn't be happy with a stripped down M3 though.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #38
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean10mm View Post
There's also an overabundance of E90 and E46 nostalgia whores around here trying to look superior to everyone else, which doesn't help at all.
I probably wouldn't have put it quite like that but I know exactly what you mean.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #39
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post

I totally like the cupholders with the liftoff tray lid. I bring a morning travel mug of coffee (that I sip from only while stopped). Other times the lid holds my iPhone 5 which fits on it practically like a cradle.

Cool little cargo net in the glovebox for the lid too.
      01-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #40
JohnVidale
Seismoguy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328ix Mojave/Venetian

After the long thread about Audi A4s and S4s, I checked their boards cursorily, and it's clear BMW forum denizens are a much more informed, appreciative, and thoughtful crowd.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #41
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean10mm View Post
Then there are the folks who, if one is to infer from their writings, think nostalgia and superiority are synonyms.

I'm neither nostalgic over the Exx models nor am I putting words in other people's mouths. I have no reason to decry the E46, E9x or F30. They are all nice cars and I would gladly drive any of them. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, and none is the "best car in the world."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #42
mjmonjure
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
I've owned my Melbourne red 335i M sport for around 2 weeks now and still running it in, I know some people disagree with running in new cars but its my personal preference and we have had snow since I took delivery so thought I'd have to take it easy in such weather anyway.
The point of this thread is I'm surprised at the amount of dissatisfied owners there are out there, I know the f30 has its foibles as all cars do but I love my car and I'm proud to be able to own such a nice car, in fact I didn't even test drive the car when I bought it! Are you happy with yours???
I was absolutely enamored (yes with my car, I know, sick) at first, that is until I brought it in for some freak tire flats and they gave me a 328i convertible. Straight six, non-electronic steering. It seemed a little non-refined at first, but after a few days (tires were not in stock) I began to really like the connection to the road and the smoothness of the six. I thought, no big deal, when I get my sedan back, the "refinement" should be a welcome change. It was not, I am sorry to say. I now miss the loaner. When I'm done being up side down in my loan, I will be buying the in-line six, hopefully without the electronic steering. I would even consider buying a certified used one if that was the only way to get it without the electronic steering.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #43
m2michael23
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition

It's really painful that watching all of you enjoying the car, while i am waiting my shipment to come.

Anyways, F30 335i FTW!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #44
JOHN328
Feeling horny
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328

I still love every minute in it but F30 obviously has issues.
Seat, door and dash noise should not be heard on this price tag...
and the 328's f*ken turbo lag.....