F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F36 90K miles
ARMA SPEED

03-28-2024, 05:32 PM   #23
justinapps13
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrcrash View Post
There is nothing wrong, per say with a 90k vehicle...If your paper is that short that you HAVE to finance a 90k BMW. It probably isn't the best financial decision to make. SERIOUSLY. Will the car last, most definitely. I have a 2016 f36 with about 175k on it currently, it hasn't been ,what I would consider bullet proof but it looks and drives like new, when it does. It's been paid off since 2020, just before prices went through the roof, interest rates as well. But I come from a generation where 400.00 car notes were pushing it. Don't take my word for it, plenty of threads on here about about there is nothing more expensive than a cheap BMW. My opinion, make sure you have extra money for repairs. Shit happens and usually does. You will be smiling driving it and crying fixing it.
I am definitely looking to find one <80k miles but I did find a 2015 435i Gran Coupe with 88k miles that just had Valve Cover Gasket, Oil Filter Housing, and Cooler Gaskets, Thermostat replaced by the dealer. This means I'd just need charge pipe, turbo inlet, and maybe pulleys and then it (theoretically) would be good for a while unless other issues arose I feel like
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 12:01 AM   #24
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinapps13 View Post
I am definitely looking to find one <80k miles but I did find a 2015 435i Gran Coupe with 88k miles that just had Valve Cover Gasket, Oil Filter Housing, and Cooler Gaskets, Thermostat replaced by the dealer. This means I'd just need charge pipe, turbo inlet, and maybe pulleys and then it (theoretically) would be good for a while unless other issues arose I feel like
A word to the wise, get a 2016 year model and make sure that it was manufactured AFTER August 2015, with the new timing chain guides, or at the very least, had its timing chain guides repaired with the updated parts. If not, you will be driving a grenade if it's an N20/26 model (4 cylinder engine) . You can avoid the problem entirely by getting an N55/B58 engine. (6 cylinder engine) Consider yourself warned. Just saying, don't kill the messenger.
Appreciate 0