F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Need help please!! Code Scanner
Studio RSR

03-15-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
CarlosIsDead
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Hey guys,
I have a couple questions and I know all you gurus can help.
I brought my car (2015 328i) into my shop to fix an issue I had with the window switch control on the driver side (controls mirrors and windows). My car is still under warranty and after I realized that I need to replace the whole module, I did a code scan. The reason why is because I live in oregon and it just snowed and I had no problems with starting the car but my dash lights were not turning on and my clock was off and my control screen was off but the car was on. After a couple minutes I got a check engine light and I didn't get time to check because I had to work. A day and a half later the check engine was still on. So today I checked and I had at least 40n different codes.. don't remember exactly which ones but I had like 7 in engine, 2 in transmission, 10 in air conditioning and more (i'll try upload a pic but i'm fairly new to this btw). I made an appointment at the dealership for 3/20 to tell them what happened because I am freaking out as to why I have so many codes and i'll I have done to the car is an injen intake (which i'll convert back to stock before I go to dealership) and i am pissed as to why this was never mentioned to me. I also take my car to service every time the time is near.

I am looking for feedback guys. I bought the car brand new with 11 miles, and i've had it since 2015 and I don't know if I should extend warranty since it's almost up (I'm at 43k) or if I should just trade it in. Sorry this post is a mess, I just need help. THANKS
Attached Images

03-15-2019, 05:37 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

You need a diagnostic tool that can clear codes, not just read them. I bet they all can be traced to a discharged battery. When that happens the car will shut off power to non-critical systems in hopes of still having enough charge left to start the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 05:40 PM   #3
CarlosIsDead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
You need a diagnostic tool that can clear codes, not just read them. I bet they all can be traced to a discharged battery. When that happens the car will shut off power to non-critical systems in hopes of still having enough charge left to start the car.
I forgot to mention that my machine also clears codes but thank you. I had a feeling that it had something to do with battery and the cold weather also?
      03-15-2019, 06:04 PM   #4
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Yep, sounds like your battery is dying. Because the car is always "listening," you can have issues when the voltage drops even slightly.

To make things worse, if you put in a new battery, that has to be coded, too. Fortunately, Bimmercode has an extra module you can buy that lets you change your own battery. Carly might have something, too.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 06:07 PM   #5
CarlosIsDead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
Yep, sounds like your battery is dying. Because the car is always "listening," you can have issues when the voltage drops even slightly.

To make things worse, if you put in a new battery, that has to be coded, too. Fortunately, Bimmercode has an extra module you can buy that lets you change your own battery. Carly might have something, too.
I did a load test for the battery and it's still the original battery from when I bought the car brand new. Battery looks perfectly fine according to results.
      10-15-2021, 11:24 AM   #6
Voodoo_G80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G

Hey, I have the same codes on a 2020 bmw m340. Did you find out a fix?? Please get back to me. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 08:16 AM   #7
Figgs_1979
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i, 2010 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_G80 View Post
Hey, I have the same codes on a 2020 bmw m340. Did you find out a fix?? Please get back to me. Thanks
dude ...your under warranty bring it in...lol..don't try diagnose
Appreciate 0