F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > M Performance Exhaust Versus Borla S Type: Need Feedback
ARMA SPEED
View Poll Results: Which exhaust for a leased 335i?
M Performance Exhaust 21 44.68%
Borla S Type 26 55.32%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

03-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #23
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeckinSpaceman View Post
Your comments are what convinced me to go MPE....So are you running DP to stock exhaust now?
Yes and I installed a cutout so I can control the sound....
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952596
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #24
FeckinSpaceman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22' M240i

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Yes and I installed a cutout so I can control the sound....
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952596
Sick setup....like the overall package....well done sir.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 11:05 AM   #25
snelldogg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: New to the stable. G87 BG, 6MT

Quote:
Yup, for me it was too much. The kid in me loved the shit out of it but I was embarrassed to start my car in the morning sometimes. If this was a weekend car, I would have kept it 100%.
Mike, do you think the DP put it over the top and it might have been alright without it?

THANKS

2023 G87 BG, 6MT, Bi Color, Red Calipers
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #26
Earthmaster
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 Austin Yellow

Quote:
Yup, for me it was too much. The kid in me loved the shit out of it but I was embarrassed to start my car in the morning sometimes. If this was a weekend car, I would have kept it 100%.

Getting S Type installed Friday hopefully, I already have a catless DP so it will definitely be loud as its already pretty loud on startup. We will see its only bad cause I'm in underground condo so everything echos like mad. I don't mind so much since I don't have kids or anything and GF will just have to suck it up. Hope the resonators cut the drone as I did a resonator delete on the stock exhaust so its a bit drony on highway.

Also for the RWD vs AWD ppl.

This exhaust only fits RWD from Borla. You need to rejig it for Xdrive theres a bracket you need to cut and re weld. This is easy for any reputable exhaust shop and 100ish bucks is reasonable. I have AWD btw and the S type I bought is used from another forum member that has the Xdrive so it should be no problem for me. However this is a heads up for anybody that has AWD and are looking for the exhaust. There needs to be adjustments and you can't install it on your own as you will not be able to just bolt on. I'll post vids once its done.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #27
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmaster
Quote:

Getting S Type installed Friday hopefully, I already have a catless DP so it will definitely be loud as its already pretty loud on startup. We will see its only bad cause I'm in underground condo so everything echos like mad. I don't mind so much since I don't have kids or anything and GF will just have to suck it up. Hope the resonators cut the drone as I did a resonator delete on the stock exhaust so its a bit drony on highway.

Also for the RWD vs AWD ppl.

This exhaust only fits RWD from Borla. You need to rejig it for Xdrive theres a bracket you need to cut and re weld. This is easy for any reputable exhaust shop and 100ish bucks is reasonable. I have AWD btw and the S type I bought is used from another forum member that has the Xdrive so it should be no problem for me. However this is a heads up for anybody that has AWD and are looking for the exhaust. There needs to be adjustments and you can't install it on your own as you will not be able to just bolt on. I'll post vids once its done.
Enjoy! You'll love it....but prep your neighbors (and your ears) for some major raucous the first 30 seconds when doing a cold startup haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 08:14 AM   #28
Earthmaster
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 Austin Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
Enjoy! You'll love it....but prep your neighbors (and your ears) for some major raucous the first 30 seconds when doing a cold startup haha.
I live in condo and not many cars moving in and out when I leave so not a huge deal but yeah, its already pretty damn loud with a DP and Resonator delete. Need to make sure doors are shut when I start it lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #29
Dosturbos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F48 X1 MSport

Bout to add an AR resonated catless DP to my car with existing MPE, I'm already the neighborhood asshole so I'm OK with it. My dickhead neighbors litter in the middle of the street so they can go fuck themselves if they don't like 30 sec of a cold start.
Appreciate 0