F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Spotify + Idrive = Now Integrated
GetBMWParts

11-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #23
jordan34
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 40e

Another interesting thing that I noticed is that if you have your iPhone/iPod connected via USB with the Spotify app running and you have another separate iPhone/iPod running Spotify logged into the same account, you can remotely control the iPhone that's connected via USB from your other iPhone. Using this method, you can keep one device tucked away in the center console and control it from your other phone (you can also continue to use the iDrive interface simultaneously).
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 12:06 AM   #24
eja
Registered
Rep
Drives: F34 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engelb View Post
Worst update ever, sometimes I want to listen to music and charge my phone via usb and still be able to use my phone for other things but now the phone is one dimensional makes no sense
Yes, this is inexplicable. Same thing with Pandora. On my '14 Honda you can background the app and do something else on the phone (e.g. nav), no problem, and the integration works equally well via USB or Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 12:38 AM   #25
dewydang
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i

i miss being able to search for songs by typing it in while the phone being plugged into the car
Appreciate 0