F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Installed PPK on 2014 F32 BMW 435i
proTUNING Freaks

12-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #23
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheHbKa View Post
this is for $379 JB stage 1, stage 2 for $579 will give way over 400 hp
Running map1 (tune, completely stock car) is the ppk equivalent. Accordingly to BMS website, this will get you up to 380 hp.
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #24
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: the Wind

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335
Quote:
this is for $379 JB stage 1, stage 2 for $579 will give way over 400 hp
In your dreams, maybe. Their claims are overstated, and pushing that much more HP over stock means they're stressing the engine past its design parameters. On an N54? Sure, no doubt they produce that kind of power, but highly doubtful they're getting "way over 400 hp" on a 2013/2014 N55, which is designed and tuned for efficiency.

I went with the MPPK and MPE for the same reason most others have stated before - it's factory parts, they're a value-add at trade-in/private sale time, they're designed by BMW engineers, and there's no warranty issue. I also bought mine from getbmwparts, but I installed the engine cover and lower intake piece and the stickers myself. Dealer charged me less than $100 to install the software. I got the MPE and MP gloss black grilles as a package for about $1300, port-installed.
In my dreams???

Look at the dynos genius, ppk gives a drop of power compared to jb. Go to tunning section of this forum and read and see dynos from tuners who work on their cars not just pay someone to do it

Ur reasons are understandable but don't act like a dumb fanboy, look at real world numbers. Ppk is the weakest tune, period.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #25
kaashia
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i MSport

Quote:
In my dreams???

Look at the dynos genius, ppk gives a drop of power compared to jb. Go to tunning section of this forum and read and see dynos from tuners who work on their cars not just pay someone to do it

Ur reasons are understandable but don't act like a dumb fanboy, look at real world numbers. Ppk is the weakest tune, period.
I think he meant that the jb4 by itself cannot give those kind of gains. Most of the dynos with jb4's that are 400+ whp are with downpipes, chargepipe, intake, FMIC changes. PPK doesn't really touch any of these things so it wouldn't be fair to compare the two. I think a fair comparison would be a jb4 on a stock car vs PPK.

I still agree that PPK is a pretty weak tune, especially given the price tag.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #26
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

Quote:
In my dreams???

You sound more like a jb fanboy than he a ppk one to be honest...you're on a ppk thread bashing a product.

What your point? The jb4 is cheaper cause it's aftermarket, period. You're not really holding earth shattering news here, nor are people who got the ppk idiots. Aftermarket stuff is always cheaper than oem whether it's a power kit, or a fng iPod case. And the aftermarket ones sometimes are better and sometimes people want oem, but there's always certain drawbacks to both.

It doesn't mean person smarter or dumber it's just a choice, each with its pros and cons and debating them and acting tough about it or questing others judgement is truly the definition of a fanboy.

The op is just posting that he got the ppk...let him be, it's not like the thread is titled "ppk owns the jb4 ". Not trying to be harsh, but Too many times these threads go the same way it's irritating. You don't think Ppk buyers were smart enough to cross shop the jb4? You may as we'll go an apple store and say a dell laptop is cheaper and faster.

Last edited by Dinh335; 12-29-2013 at 08:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #27
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335
Quote:
In my dreams???

You sound more like a jb fanboy than he a ppk one to be honest...you're on a ppk thread bashing a product.

What your point? The jb4 is cheaper cause it's aftermarket, period. You're not really holding earth shattering news here, nor are people who got the ppk idiots. Aftermarket stuff is always cheaper than oem whether it's a power kit, or a fng iPod case. And the aftermarket ones sometimes are better and sometimes people want oem, but there's always certain drawbacks to both.

It doesn't mean person smarter or dumber it's just a choice, each with its pros and cons and debating them and acting tough about it or questing others judgement is truly the definition of a fanboy.

The op is just posting that he got the ppk...let him be, it's not like the thread is titled "ppk owns the jb4 ". Not trying to be harsh, but Too many times these threads go the same way it's irritating. You don't think Ppk buyers were smart enough to cross shop the jb4? You may as we'll go an apple store and say a dell laptop is cheaper and faster.
+1. Very well said.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #28
mhanism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
In my dreams???

+1

And agree every PPK thread gets hijacked and turns into PPK vs. third party. Don't understand why it has to be a vs. type deal. To each his or her own.

And with that - any more feedback on the PPK? Performance improvements? Sound? Gas mileage? Some real world observations, detailed feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks!!
MY14 335i M Sport (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #29
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: the Wind

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
In my dreams???

In my first line I said that his reasons for ppk is understandable and I agree with reliability etc for ppk and the point I'm making is power wise only... If ppk would cost the same as jb and give same power I would go with it, not biased to a brand but to cost and result

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #30
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

Quote:
In my first line I said that his reasons for ppk is understandable and I agree with reliability etc for ppk and the point I'm making is power wise only... If ppk would cost the same as jb and give same power I would go with it, not biased to a brand but to cost and result
Exactly my point, .It's not a simple cost result issue , there are other mitigating factors involved here. The fact that if they were priced the same you'd go with ppk pretty much highlights those mitigating factors.

Not worth arguing really, which is also my point.
      01-06-2014, 01:04 PM   #31
thor435
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
In my dreams???

+1
      01-11-2014, 03:44 AM   #32
tangodown
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i coupe

Anyone have an idea when the PPK for the 428 will be released? I know there's the JB4 but I like my warranty.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #33
olehead
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240I X drive

In response to 1/4 mile times - as a very experienced 1/4 racer -presently drag a 13modded mustang gt 5.0 - you will get a lot more than 1/10 out of a JB4 - actually you will get more than that out of the mppk - you get the 1/10 or better in the 0 to 60 time on the ppk
- I base this statement on facts regarding the weight to HP/Torque ratio and what increases generate - my 335 GT runs a consistent 13.4 totally stock - So if you do want to do 1.4 mile and get the best time a JB4, cobb or dinan tune (or a professional dyno tuner ) is the way to go - Personally I am waiting until the smoke clears regarding electronic wastegate, proper fitting of charge pipe and downpipes etc before moving forward - one thing I will bet on is that I will be in the mid 12sec range
Last I understand Dinan does provide a warranty and they are competitive with mppk
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #34
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodown View Post
Anyone have an idea when the PPK for the 428 will be released? I know there's the JB4 but I like my warranty.
Don't hold your breath. They may never release it. Stock 428's have been clocked running the 1/4 in under 14 seconds. Theoretically, a 428 with PPK would be somewhat similar to a stock 435, performance-wise. BMW would rather have customers pay the $6000 premium as opposed to $1500 for the PPK. The 435 is the F series flagship....for now.
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #35
AHB900
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335I M-Sport

Does anybody know if the MPPK increases the turbo boost?

Where does the 25-35hp come from?
      01-12-2014, 01:18 AM   #36
bluebmr
EBII, Tech, Comfort, Auto, DA, Heat, Premium, HK
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Msport

I'm also curious about the turbo boost question. I've always assumed it did.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #37
tdenslow
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 128i Sport Pkg/18" Brytons

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor435 View Post
Had the new M-Performance Power Kit installed on my 2014 F32 435i on Monday. I'll include a few pictures. Quick thoughts about the kit:

* $1,500 cost
* $400 installation at BMW dealership

Biggest gains are felt at 2,500 to 4,000 RPM, definitely feels faster. Seems to be more responsive off the line. When in Sport Mode and downshifting the exhaust burble is now about 5 seconds long, opposed to 2 seconds before. I have the Meistershaft exhaust so the overrun exhaust burble is very loud -- I love it.
I'm a bit confused here... I was under the impression the M performance PPK for the 435i was not released yet and was targeted for Q2 '14. Was this the f30 install that fit the f32 or was this the official f32 ppk?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #38
Kyokio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 RS5 & SQ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdenslow View Post
I'm a bit confused here... I was under the impression the M performance PPK for the 435i was not released yet and was targeted for Q2 '14. Was this the f30 install that fit the f32 or was this the official f32 ppk?
official.. ppk can be purchased thru the forum vendors (check the classified section). you can also purchase ext/int mperf f32 parts now.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #39
thor435
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdenslow
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor435 View Post
Had the new M-Performance Power Kit installed on my 2014 F32 435i on Monday. I'll include a few pictures. Quick thoughts about the kit:

* $1,500 cost
* $400 installation at BMW dealership

Biggest gains are felt at 2,500 to 4,000 RPM, definitely feels faster. Seems to be more responsive off the line. When in Sport Mode and downshifting the exhaust burble is now about 5 seconds long, opposed to 2 seconds before. I have the Meistershaft exhaust so the overrun exhaust burble is very loud -- I love it.
F32 directly from BMW OF SARASOTA. Been driving with it for a month now and it's FANTASTIC .
      01-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #40
EHDEN
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [7.00]
nice to hear! i'm at the dealer now getting the car plugged in to get the part # and so forth....can't wait to install
      01-31-2014, 09:29 PM   #41
northerncalguy
Throw your hands in the air, if you's a true playa.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, 2014 435i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Hey Thor - What was your production date? Mine was built September 2013, trying to figure out which plant level I need...do you have an idea?
      02-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #42
thor435
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerncalguy View Post
Hey Thor - What was your production date? Mine was built September 2013, trying to figure out which plant level I need...do you have an idea?
Sorry, I don't know. Just took it to the dealer and they took care of everything..sorry.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #43
AgentCircus
Aviator
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerncalguy View Post
Anything after 07/2013 you need the latest PIL (the most expensive one).
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #44
northerncalguy
Throw your hands in the air, if you's a true playa.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, 2014 435i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCircus View Post
Anything after 07/2013 you need the latest PIL (the most expensive one).
Thanks Agent!