F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 3rd Party/Aftermarket Bluetooth Audio Upgrade Question
ARMA SPEED

08-25-2015, 04:50 PM   #1
Kuonji
Rep
Drives: 328i

3rd Party/Aftermarket Bluetooth Audio Upgrade Question

My 2013 328i is pretty stripped. I don't have the Bluetooth audio streaming option, so the phone only works for calls over Bluetooth.

That being said, can anyone recommend a good option to get this working somehow? I know those little Bluetooth transmitter boxes are often used for this, but there are SO MANY to choose from and they all work slightly differently, it seems.

If I paired my phone with one of those transmitters, what happens when I get a call? I'm guessing I'd have to manually tell my phone to hop over to the BMW for that?

Anyone have a setup that works well for them? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 06:34 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

If there is a Combox in your car then OEM Bluetooth Audio can be coded in.

Search for details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuonji View Post
My 2013 328i is pretty stripped. I don't have the Bluetooth audio streaming option, so the phone only works for calls over Bluetooth.

That being said, can anyone recommend a good option to get this working somehow? I know those little Bluetooth transmitter boxes are often used for this, but there are SO MANY to choose from and they all work slightly differently, it seems.

If I paired my phone with one of those transmitters, what happens when I get a call? I'm guessing I'd have to manually tell my phone to hop over to the BMW for that?

Anyone have a setup that works well for them? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 10:20 AM   #3
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Kinovo or belkin would work great in this case. They have little adapters I've used in previous cars. You just hook them into the AUX input and 12 volt. Then on your phone, disable phone calls on the device, and just have music streaming selected.
Appreciate 0