F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > back to BMW but worried
proTUNING Freaks

03-30-2016, 01:36 PM   #1
delirium
Rep
Drives: E46

back to BMW but worried

Hi Guys,

I used to have a E46 and my experience with it was ok, but the car squeaked and rattled to no end and the tranny had a squeaking sound between 2nd and 3rd intermittently which the dealer finally was able to replicate after me taking it in 5+ times, but then they just told me that is "normal".

I have since had a Porsche and Mercedes which I have really enjoyed and have not received the same brush off from service advisors and also have not had the same number of squeaks and rattles as I did in my E46.

My question is, is BMW still the same after 16 years or has it gotten better? Squeaks and rattles? Service Advisors helpful?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium
Hi Guys,

I used to have a E46 and my experience with it was ok, but the car squeaked and rattled to no end and the tranny had a squeaking sound between 2nd and 3rd intermittently which the dealer finally was able to replicate after me taking it in 5+ times, but then they just told me that is "normal".

I have since had a Porsche and Mercedes which I have really enjoyed and have not received the same brush off from service advisors and also have not had the same number of squeaks and rattles as I did in my E46.

My question is, is BMW still the same after 16 years or has it gotten better? Squeaks and rattles? Service Advisors helpful?

Thanks
That's likely a dealer specific thing. I have had pretty good service experiences.
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

Squeaks and rattles will always be there on cars this price range depending on the weather mostly but to be honest mine have been pretty solid only really small things here and there.. The difference between my E90 and F36 was so unexpectedly big I can't even imagine what it would be like coming from an E46!

Dealer brushing you of is very dealer specific unfortunately! We have 2 here that go under the same name. One is about 10 miles north the other south.. One takes the entire thing apart to find the smallest of rattles the other charges you while looking at it from a distance and telling you they don't hear it lol.. All in all I've never left BMW, neither has my father or my brother! Very happy with the cars! Trannies on the newer BMWs are top notch among the best for a few years now!
Appreciate 0