F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2013 Adaptive M Suspension
ARMA SPEED

01-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #67
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWforLife View Post
help me out here but on bmwusa’s site it seems to show the adaptive m suspension is included in the m-sport line. there is no price next to it like other things on the list

M Sport Line $3,200
• 18" star-spoke 400M wheels w/ mixed summer tires
• 18" star-spoke 400M wheels w/ all-seasontires
• 19" star-spoke 403M wheels w/ mixed summer tires $900
• Shadowline exterior trim
• Highlight trim finishers Estoril Blue matte
• Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
• Highlight trim finishers pearl gloss chrome
• Aluminum Hexagon interior trim
• Dark Burl Walnut wood trim
• Black Leatherette
• Venetian Beige Leatherette
• Black Dakota Leather $1,450
• Venetian Beige Dakota Leather $1,450
• Leather Dakota Coral Red/Black highlight $1,450
• Alpine White
• Black Sapphire Metallic $550
• Glacier Silver Metallic $550
• Melbourne Red Metallic $550
• Mineral Grey Metallic $550
• Estoril Blue $550
• Anthracite headliner
• Sport seats
• Aerodynamic kit
• M steering wheel
• M sport suspension
• Adaptive M Suspension <-------------

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ndOptions.aspx
Its a misprint it should have a $1000 next to it. Build one and see its a package with the VSS. BTW the VSS is awesome for Autox and road racing.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #68
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Its a misprint it should have a $1000 next to it. Build one and see its a package with the VSS. BTW the VSS is awesome for Autox and road racing.
well, i ordered a 2013 car in december, (m sport) and while the spec sheet I have doesn't say i have M adaptive, when i log into mybmw.usa to track the car and it shows the selected options i have, M adaptive is listed.

So like another poster on this thread, I have it too though not on the dealer sheet. So is it standard for 2013 sports i wonder?

I also have tech pkg and prem pkg not that i think that matters.
      01-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #69
MiladsFrozenM5
M5, 335i, Maserati gts, Audi A8L, CLS 63
Rep
Drives: m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
well, i ordered a 2013 car in december, (m sport) and while the spec sheet I have doesn't say i have M adaptive, when i log into mybmw.usa to track the car and it shows the selected options i have, M adaptive is listed.

So like another poster on this thread, I have it too though not on the dealer sheet. So is it standard for 2013 sports i wonder?

Please let me know when you're receiving your car i ordered the same car!!
Leased my car exactly when you did but my dealer said the car wont come until late march. The excuse was that i got " M sport and they ran out of transmissions"

I will appreciate it if you take the time to read my forum and tell me if anythings fishy, and also when you're receiving your car.

thank you

Read my post http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788752
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #70
Dinh335
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano10 View Post
also i am trying to find out if m adaptive is standard with 2013 m sport because i didnt order it and my car will be delivered in a week and online configurator says I have it
so...did your car have m adaptive? I'm in the exact same situation as you...spec sheet didn't list it and i didn't order it, but BMWusa saying i have it.

car won't' be here for a few weeks.
      01-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #71
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:

Yes when You login into BMWUSA it will say things that cancel each other out. Mine said Sports Leather Steering Wheel and below it said M-Sport Steering Wheel.

They build sheet is what they use to build your car not BMWUSA. The DHP is actually not a very common option. So a lot of dealers do not stock cars with it. I had three dealers tell me it wasn't that great but when I asked to drive one they didn't have any. Rule of thumb is Salesman always talk down products they can not sell you.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #72
Dinh335
Major
Rep

Quote:
Yes when You login into BMWUSA it will say things that cancel each other out. Mine said Sports Leather Steering Wheel and below it said M-Sport Steering Wheel.

They build sheet is what they use to build your car not BMWUSA. The DHP is actually not a very common option. So a lot of dealers do not stock cars with it. I had three dealers tell me it wasn't that great but when I asked to drive one they didn't have any. Rule of thumb is Salesman always talk down products they can not sell you.
To clarify, I'm not talking about "build your own bmw" I'm talking about when you actually track the car, and it shows up in the window, with production number and lists all your selected options. I find it weird that it clearly lists MAdaptive as selected, and it's not in the same 'area' as the Msport package that's listed.

What year was your car? and build date? 2012? Mine was built middle of December.
      01-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #73
Dinh335
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiladsFrozenM5 View Post
Please let me know when you're receiving your car i ordered the same car!!
Leased my car exactly when you did but my dealer said the car wont come until late march. The excuse was that i got " M sport and they ran out of transmissions"

I will appreciate it if you take the time to read my forum and tell me if anythings fishy, and also when you're receiving your car.

thank you

Read my post http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788752
Mine's a 6speed- i checked out your thread a while back, don't know what to say to be honest. Mine was a car already allocated to the dealer i was at, that matched my exact wants, so I nabbed it the week it got a prod number.
      01-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #74
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
To clarify, I'm not talking about "build your own bmw" I'm talking about when you actually track the car, and it shows up in the window, with production number and lists all your selected options. I find it weird that it clearly lists MAdaptive as selected, and it's not in the same 'area' as the Msport package that's listed.

What year was your car? and build date? 2012? Mine was built middle of December.
I understand what you mean. My car was built in Nov 2012. It's a 2013. You can ask your CA if you need further convincing.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #75
Dinh335
Major
Rep

Quote:
I understand what you mean. My car was built in Nov 2012. It's a 2013. You can ask your CA if you need further convincing.
trust me I'm a glass is half empty guy. I'm waiting to hear back from CA-

I only am providing more details, cause on the website, my car's list of features isn't a case of "canceling things out" as you mentioned. It's clearly listed in selected options. And I don't have two steering wheels listed as you do. So all Im' saying is that your example isn't a direct parallel.

I'm not saying you're not right, just saying its not the exact same situation.

does it mean i have it? no, but it's not definitive explanation either.
      01-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #76
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
trust me I'm a glass is half empty guy. I'm waiting to hear back from CA-

I only am providing more details, cause on the website, my car's list of features isn't a case of "canceling things out" as you mentioned. It's clearly listed in selected options. And I don't have two steering wheels listed as you do. So all Im' saying is that your example isn't a direct parallel.

I'm not saying you're not right, just saying its not the exact same situation.

does it mean i have it? no, but it's not definitive explanation either.
No I understand that it is not the exact same thing. I just am an active member at bimmerfest which focuses more on ordering and delivery of the car. I have seen posts like this a ton it is very common as it is confusing. After speaking with my CA and veteran sales staff I was told the BMW Online is flawed and will show options selected that are not. They all said go off the build sheet and ignore online.

I didn't mean to come off as a dick just trying to help. I think whatever you get it will be an amazing experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #77
Dinh335
Major
Rep

Quote:
No I understand that it is not the exact same thing. I just am an active member at bimmerfest which focuses more on ordering and delivery of the car. I have seen posts like this a ton it is very common as it is confusing. After speaking with my CA and veteran sales staff I was told the BMW Online is flawed and will show options selected that are not. They all said go off the build sheet and ignore online.

I didn't mean to come off as a dick just trying to help. I think whatever you get it will be an amazing experience.
Thanks for the info- I'm almost certain I don't have it ...if I do it'll be a great bonus but if not there's always the m perf kit if I need it...though I'll miss out on edc
      01-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #78
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info- I'm almost certain I don't have it ...if I do it'll be a great bonus but if not there's always the m perf kit if I need it...though I'll miss out on edc
To be honest I think if you don't have it the M Performance kit sounds sweet. We just need dinan to make an LSD.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #79
nano10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
so...did your car have m adaptive? I'm in the exact same situation as you...spec sheet didn't list it and i didn't order it, but BMWusa saying i have it.

car won't' be here for a few weeks.
Car did not have m adaptive suspension. It was an error in bmw configurator
      01-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #80
PJN uk
Rep
Drives: M sport 320i.coupe 2011

Smile F30 M sport salon auto suspension question???

Ive just joined this website today, and i have a big question which i hope all you BMW enthusiasts will help me with>....

Going to order a 320d m sport auto bmw in estoril blue, with professional sat nab. vis lights pack etc etc. But i cant make my mind up with the suspension. I have a bad back and anything to firm is a problem. One dealer said buy the M sport as it is and add the adaptive suspension option, this will make it softer and you can then turn if you want back to the normal m sport firm setting. another said buy m sport with deleted M suspension and add the adaptive option. I really do like the m sport design and body shape etc but it just the question on suspension thats stopping me at the moment. Has anyone any experience about this and any advice would be appreciated.

Peter
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #81
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJN uk View Post
Ive just joined this website today, and i have a big question which i hope all you BMW enthusiasts will help me with>....

Going to order a 320d m sport auto bmw in estoril blue, with professional sat nab. vis lights pack etc etc. But i cant make my mind up with the suspension. I have a bad back and anything to firm is a problem. One dealer said buy the M sport as it is and add the adaptive suspension option, this will make it softer and you can then turn if you want back to the normal m sport firm setting. another said buy m sport with deleted M suspension and add the adaptive option. I really do like the m sport design and body shape etc but it just the question on suspension thats stopping me at the moment. Has anyone any experience about this and any advice would be appreciated.

Peter
I'd go for the Adaptive M-sport suspension, (there is only one adaptive option), best of both worlds. The "How would you like to drive today?" option.

Many find the comfort setting is ideal for the daily drive.

You can't 'add' the adaptive suspension, it is a factory option, so must option it at production. You can also opt for 'delete' M-sport suspension in the UK, and have the standard F30 passive suspension instead of the passive M-sport setup.

PS: if you post in the UK forum you'll likely get more local answers from others using F30/31 M-sport models with the adaptive suspension on UK roads.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #82
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

As you've described it those two options are actually the same thing. Adaptive suspension deletes the M Sport suspension. Did they just mean delete the M Sport suspension all together? Then you'd get the SE/Modern/Luxury suspension but the M Sport looks.

Re: the back. I slipped a disc a couple of years ago (ouch!) but I've never had any problems with either the M Sport suspension on my E91 with 18s, the M Sport suspension of an F31 demo on 19s and the ride on my F31 Sport (standard suspension) on 17s is sublime. Not too much help I know but I think seating position plays much more of a part in back pain.

The F3x has a handy 'find the correct seating position' design built in. Unless you have the seat and wheel at just the right angles you can only see half of the instruments

:edit:

Beat me to it Pete.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #83
PJN uk
Rep
Drives: M sport 320i.coupe 2011

Thanks HighlandPete. i'm new to the site, It may sound daft but how do I post to and get on the UK forum?. I will be placing the order for new delivery in March so i can add the options now. "How would you like to drive today sounds exactly what i need".
So do you suggest ......M sport with the suspension it comes with and add the adaptive option to it OR M sport with the deleted M sport suspension and add the adapted option to that. many thanks Peter
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #84
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJN uk View Post
So do you suggest ......M sport with the suspension it comes with and add the adaptive option to it OR M sport with the deleted M sport suspension and add the adapted option to that. many thanks Peter
Read my post again. You have three options

- M Sport suspension (comes as standard) - passive, firm

- Standard suspension (a £0 option) - passive, soft

- Adaptive suspension (a £££ option) - active, variable
Appreciate 0