F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BMW Reversing camera Retrofit kit
Studio RSR

04-17-2015, 01:47 AM   #23
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
SquidlyBoy,

First off the connectors I was referring are the mini-connectors that allow you to "tap" into a line.

As for my my car, brought the car in this afternoon for them to work on. Have him convinced (I hope) that it is the wire from TRSVC (A1 connector) to HU_NBT (A42 connector) that provides FBAS+, FBAS- and shield since he does not think the cable he used had a shield. While he's at it, gave a "cheat sheet" I made up to check all pins on both A1 and A42 connectors, as well as the little wire that connects center console switch and ICM -- as I keep bringing them back to the retrofit instruction. Will find out tomorrow?!?

BTW, I picked up new side view cameras (in fenders) on eBay for about $150 each. Again the only reasons I didn't go for the top view cameras (in mirrors) are that I can not figure out:
  • What video cables (HSD lines) I need for each camera
  • Whether I need new mirror base or can just adapt the ones I have
I think that if I can figure these questions out, I may eventually add a passenger side top view camera -- this time I'll do it myself
Do you have to buy those mini-connectors separately or do they come with the retrofit kit? You don't happen to have a part number for those do you....

On another note, being that you have the surround TRSVC camera module, I didn't know you could hook up only 3 of the 5 cameras... How does that look on your display? Are there two black/blank areas on the screen where the door mirror cameras are supposed to show their video images?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 01:51 AM   #24
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

nevermind... i just read the retrofit instructions you posted earlier and saw thos mini connectors in there. there is no part number for them unfortunately, so i'll have to figure out equivalents from Lowes/Home-Depot or some electrical supply place. I think i have everything else i need for the retrofit work once i get my camera and retrofit cables are shipped.

i don't suppose anyone has a close-up pic of these laying around somewhere or knows the formal name of this electrical connector?
Attached Images

Last edited by squidlyboy; 04-17-2015 at 02:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 08:14 AM   #25
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
nevermind... i just read the retrofit instructions you posted earlier and saw thos mini connectors in there. there is no part number for them unfortunately, so i'll have to figure out equivalents from Lowes/Home-Depot or some electrical supply place. I think i have everything else i need for the retrofit work once i get my camera and retrofit cables are shipped.

i don't suppose anyone has a close-up pic of these laying around somewhere or knows the formal name of this electrical connector?
BMW OEM Wire-Tap (AKA 2-Pin Adapter or Self Stripping Connector) - 61138364566

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
On another note, being that you have the surround TRSVC camera module, I didn't know you could hook up only 3 of the 5 cameras... How does that look on your display? Are there two black/blank areas on the screen where the door mirror cameras are supposed to show their video images?
I can't speak to what it looks like, however the coding for doing it that way would only enable the side view cameras, so you wouldn't have the option for the top view camera mode.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #26
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 Silver

following this thread....

Every month or so i check my local BMW dealer to see if they get a manual, msport in silver, grey or white with Driver assist plus.. if so, i would go buy it tomorrow.. it seems it's only luxury lines that gets those options...

by the time i end up retrofitting NBT Nav, Front/Rear PDC, all the cameras i really want, Msport brakes, Msport exhaust..i think i will have spent more than the money i tried to save by buying used & adding these features... not to mention my time is limited to work on my car now.

btw.. what the hell is that huge fuse used for? there was already a 5amp small form factor fuse in slot 154 i believe it is.. that normal size fuse won't fit anyway.
Appreciate 0