F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Standard 8.8 screen on AH3
Studio RSR

02-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
Jparker82
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6M

Standard 8.8 screen on AH3

It would seem through the grape vine that the AH3 already has all the hardware for navigation standard. I have read in several places that it is standard and others it is not. I know it's a stand alone option of $2100, but it would also seem that your paying $2100 for hardware that is already there. (The AH3 comes with the 8.8 screen standard)

Does anyone else here have a 2013 AH3 without navi. My new car will be here Saturday and it a 2013 AH3 M sport black/coral. It was the only one available without ordering. Guess not many people want a M sport hybrid.

Just curious if there is a way to get the code to activate.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jparker82 View Post
It would seem through the grape vine that the AH3 already has all the hardware for navigation standard. I have read in several places that it is standard and others it is not. I know it's a stand alone option of $2100, but it would also seem that your paying $2100 for hardware that is already there. (The AH3 comes with the 8.8 screen standard)

Does anyone else here have a 2013 AH3 without navi. My new car will be here Saturday and it a 2013 AH3 M sport black/coral. It was the only one available without ordering. Guess not many people want a M sport hybrid.

Just curious if there is a way to get the code to activate.

Thanks
I have an M-Sport AH3, and so do 2-3 folks around here. But we all ordered ours. I've never seen or heard about an AH3 M-sport on the lots.

To answer your question, I believe a code can be used to activate Navigation on non-Nav AH3s. http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...28&hg=65&fg=50

The problem is, it's probably impossible to get the activation code from a dealer, and of course it would have to be VIN-specific. You could inquire at your dealer's parts dept for 65902310458, and see how much it costs and if they'll order/install it for you. I think it's unlikely, however.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Jparker82
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6M

Thanks for the info. I think you are right about the dealer activating it. The service guy did point out that maybe sometime in the future (for a cost). But he did inform the sales dept and myself that the same unit is in the navi and non-navi units. It looks like it might be frustrating for me down the road, knowing that the unit is there and I can't use it.

Thanks again for input.
Appreciate 0