F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > How to get the USAA discount
Studio RSR

05-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #1
rchendesign
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xDrive28i

How to get the USAA discount

I'm purchasing a new F30 and I saw there is a discount for USAA membership.

It says: ' Program is open to USAA members who are Property & Casualty eligible. Must provide USAA Insurance Policy ID card or USAA Confirmation Letter as proof of eligibility.' Does it means that only membership is not enough and I need to have the insurance with USAA?

Also, the 'COLLEGE GRADUATE PROGRAM' confuses me as well... How can I prove that I can graduate in 4 months?

Has anyone used any of these two before? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 11:53 PM   #2
kromix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 340i AW MSport

Garage List
2016 340i (F30)  [0.00]
USAA -> Call USAA they will fax over info to the dealer.

Or

Dealer can call and confirm.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 12:01 AM   #3
Caught Looking
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchendesign View Post

It says: ' Program is open to USAA members who are Property & Casualty eligible. Must provide USAA Insurance Policy ID card or USAA Confirmation Letter as proof of eligibility.' Does it means that only membership is not enough and I need to have the insurance with USAA?

Also, the 'COLLEGE GRADUATE PROGRAM' confuses me as well... How can I prove that I can graduate in 4 months?

I used the USAA BMW incentive on my 2014 335i.

The exclusive BMW Incentive offer is valid at any dealership nationwide. Member must take retail delivery by January 2, 2015. Incentive offer is subject to change without prior notice. This incentive offer is not available to the general public. Offer is additive to all current national, regional and other bonus incentives. BMW incentives are only available to persons eligible for membership in USAA's Property and Casualty Insurance Group. P&C membership is generally available to current and former members of the U.S. Military and their former dependents. BMW requires presentation of a Photo ID and USAA insurance card with USAA number or a Confirmation Letter provided by USAA. For a Confirmation Letter, members can call USAA at 1-855-787-6272. One incentive per member insurance number per calendar year for new BMW vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 12:34 AM   #4
franko9217
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 Blk 335i/6MT/JB4/DP/CP

I had to show my USAA insurance card, that was it.

USAA customer service is amazing....
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 12:46 AM   #5
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

How much does it get you? Can you stack loyalty + BMWCCA and this?
      05-27-2014, 01:52 AM   #6
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:

?? Membership in USAA is established by buying some sort or property and casualty insurance policy with them. Have you ever done that?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #7
kromix
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 340i (F30)  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
?? Membership in USAA is established by buying some sort or property and casualty insurance policy with them. Have you ever done that?
"Eligible"

Here i'll clear it up.

There are 2 types of USAA members, "First Class Citizens" and everyone else.

First Class Citizens are people who 1) actually served or are eligible via family members who did.

Second Class Citizens = everyone else.

Basically, If you are eligible to get insurance through them, and can use features like Deposit@Home you are a First Class Citizen and are eligible for this discount.

If they won't sell you insurance, and u can't use Deposit@Home then ur not eligible.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 07:46 AM   #8
EJL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

When I bought my car, they just called USAA while I sat there, USAA tried to sell me insurance, I explained their insurance is vastly overpriced and they faxed a letter. Done.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #9
rchendesign
Private
Rep

Oh I see... I just have registered the free membership before and never bought anything (insurance or others) from them... It seems I'm not qualified?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #10
rchendesign
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNLBC View Post
How much does it get you? Can you stack loyalty + BMWCCA and this?
It would be about $1000. Not sure if I can stack these together, but there is no loyalty discount from BMW at this moment.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #11
kromix
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 340i (F30)  [0.00]
Quote:
Oh I see... I just have registered the free membership before and never bought anything (insurance or others) from them... It seems I'm not qualified?
No, you won't be, it's for "FULL" members, they probably won't sell you insurance as you are not eligible as a regular "free" member.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #12
rchendesign
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromix View Post
No, you won't be, it's for "FULL" members, they probably won't sell you insurance as you are not eligible as a regular "free" member.
Oh... that would be sad...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 02:04 AM   #13
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

You cannot stack the CCA rebate with the USAA rebate. BMW NA sponsors both. It's one or the other. The USAA discount is much better btw.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 02:24 AM   #14
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromix View Post
"Eligible"

Here i'll clear it up.

There are 2 types of USAA members, "First Class Citizens" and everyone else.

First Class Citizens are people who 1) actually served or are eligible via family members who did.

Second Class Citizens = everyone else.

Basically, If you are eligible to get insurance through them, and can use features like Deposit@Home you are a First Class Citizen and are eligible for this discount.

If they won't sell you insurance, and u can't use Deposit@Home then ur not eligible.
This is basically it. There are certain USAA financial products that are available to the general public. Utilizing these products will get you a USAA number, but it does not make you a member.

"Full" USAA membership is only available to U.S. military officers and certain federal law enforcement officers. Dependents of full USAA members are eligible for associate membership and are eligible for the USAA incentive. I'm pretty sure enlisted members fall into the associate member category, but I'm not certain about that. I don't think they fall into quite the same "full" membership category as commissioned officers. When USAA first opened up membership to enlisted members they didn't put them in the same category as the officers.

"Full" members actually have a fractional "ownership" in the company and have an account to which a certain amount of each year's profits are deposited and held as capital in their name.

So, I'm curious, are there any enlisted members here who are USAA members and do you have a Subscribers Savings Account?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 03:45 AM   #15
jeff080
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X4 2015 328i

Quote:
This is basically it. There are certain USAA financial products that are available to the general public. Utilizing these products will get you a USAA number, but it does not make you a member.

"Full" USAA membership is only available to U.S. military officers and certain federal law enforcement officers. Dependents of full USAA members are eligible for associate membership and are eligible for the USAA incentive. I'm pretty sure enlisted members fall into the associate member category, but I'm not certain about that. I don't think they fall into quite the same "full" membership category as commissioned officers. When USAA first opened up membership to enlisted members they didn't put them in the same category as the officers.

"Full" members actually have a fractional "ownership" in the company and have an account to which a certain amount of each year's profits are deposited and held as capital in their name.

So, I'm curious, are there any enlisted members here who are USAA members and do you have a Subscribers Savings Account?

I think you are right. I was prior enlisted myself. As soon as I commissioned my USAA membership changed. I started receiving magazines, numerous personalized emails, exclusive offers, etc. Doesn't sound like much but some of the stuff is cool.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #16
kromix
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 340i (F30)  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes,

Here is the brochure of such account.

https://content.usaa.com/mcontent/st...d=1175423727_p
Appreciate 0